Rim offset

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Rim offset

Post by mitmaks »

What is maximum wheel offset can we run on our mx-3s. I'd like to pick up 16x7s and was wondering if +40 offset would be good. I'd like to try find offset where rims would be flush to the body of the car.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
RobMinhas

Re: Rim offset

Post by RobMinhas »

I had a set of 17x7 Drag DR2s with 40 offset, they belong to Calg_93GS now, with 215/45zr17 they sit perfectly flush.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

How do your rims fit flush? On my RS I have 17x7's with a +42 and the fronts are close but rears are tucked. the GS has 15x7.5" +40 and I have 10mm spacers front and rear to get them to fit flush. I would think that something closer to +35 to +38 would do it.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

Josh wrote:How do your rims fit flush? On my RS I have 17x7's with a +42 and the fronts are close but rears are tucked. the GS has 15x7.5" +40 and I have 10mm spacers front and rear to get them to fit flush. I would think that something closer to +35 to +38 would do it.
are you using stock lugs or did you get extended ones?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Josh wrote:How do your rims fit flush? On my RS I have 17x7's with a +42 and the fronts are close but rears are tucked. the GS has 15x7.5" +40 and I have 10mm spacers front and rear to get them to fit flush. I would think that something closer to +35 to +38 would do it.
I never mounted them on my RS, they're on Nicks GS now. I think they're 17x7.5 actually, now that I think about it. This is the best picture i have, the white car in the back has them.

Both RS's on the left have 17x7 with +40 as well, 205/40zr17s on em.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

You're right, the rear's not exactly flush

RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

My excuse is he's had it put away for a few weeks so I didn't remember exactly haha!
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

mitmaks wrote:
are you using stock lugs or did you get extended ones?
i heard anything over 1/4 inch you need different lugs and 10 mm is about 3/8
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

^^^ YEP!.

They say 5mm it ok 10mm is pushing it, there are plenty of threads on there so I am not worried about it.
youdirtyfox
antispam: No

Post by youdirtyfox »

I'd say if you want flush fitting you want to be looking at an 8J with a +25 offset and roll the fenders.
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

I would like to put 10mm on my car it would look a lot nicer
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

If I cannot find the OE wheels I want by this spring or buy the set off of someone I know then I am going to have to splurge and get some CCW LM16's at 16x9 with like a +25 and run something wide like 250-260's to get the offset correct though I would need a different offset for the front and the rear. I dont really want to do that.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”