Memphis9787's 94 Eunos Presso J-Spec BPT Swap

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Memphis9787's 94 Eunos Presso J-Spec BPT Swap

Post by kulluminati777 »

i was thinking the mazdaspeed protege ver.2 LSD but i heard mfactory was good and 400???wow what a steal!
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
memphis9787

Post by memphis9787 »

Two spare G-Series Trannies I purchased for the project turned out to shot to s%$# when the shop opened them up to fit the New Bearings syncro kit, LSD and Bearing Plate :x :x :evil:
So ended up picking up a 3rd tranny from the junk yard, its only done 150k so I was pretty wrapped.

Had some goodies rock up

Test Fit

Once the motor/box is in , it will be off to the turners for the Haltech to be wired up and the car dynoed, Ive been trying to workout what sort of power its going to make at the wheels, from chatting to some blokes who have run same/similar setups in their Ford Lasers/Mazda 323s. If I can make 200hp at the wheels I'll be real happy, anything more will be a bonus, if not well the next upgrade will be bigger turbo and Toyota Tranny upgrade :)
I can't wait till the car is back on the road and gets a full respray and K-Sport Coilovers,

The teardown begins

Parts Part Parts

Last edited by memphis9787 on November 8th, 2012, 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

nice did you get the MS brackets for the mx-3 with those seats?
memphis9787

Post by memphis9787 »

Sure did, both sides are identical, are these the same as yours? just wondering whether 4cyl Presso has the same brackets as V6 30x/ Mx3

Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

well both sides are not identical, they should be mirrors of each other, so you might have gotten 2 right side sets. Yes the mx-3 brackets are the same for all mx-3s.
memphis9787

Post by memphis9787 »

No I mean both sides as in Passengers Set are the same Drivers Set

I ask the question as I was unable to fit OEM seats from my 30x donor car into my Presso earlier in the year, for some strange reason they had different rails (30x ones were wider and different rail construction) so I though maybe the 4cly Pressos/Autozams had different brackets/bolt hole location to V6's
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

If you are using a stock BPT motor and turbo, you will probably see about 180 to the wheels if you run stock boost. If you up the boost to 10-12psi you will hit about 200whp. Your trans should take the beating, at least for a while :)

the seats look great!
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

oooooo yummy i love me some MS goodies. Those are pretty mint too. I wish shipping those things to the states wasnt so much. I was thinking of a white set for my next mazda project......... an RX8 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
memphis9787

Post by memphis9787 »

Thanks guys,

Yeah im using a VF10 Turbo from a Subaru Liberty Hybridized to fit the Stock VJ20 turbo housing, I plan to run it on 14psi so Im reasonably sure 200hp shouldn;t be too hard to hit, Hopefully I'll do a toyota tranny conversion down the track, that will elimate any worries of too much power for the tranny, some guys down here have started making suitable mounts for Toyota MR2/Camey tranny conversion.

kulluminati777 keep an eye on the Rupert's updates, I believe he's getting some more MS seats in the next container, but yeah shipping would be a killer
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Yeah now knowing what I know I would have done the 4tec conversion when I did my AWD swap had it been an option at the time:) With the VF10 hybrid you should see closer to 220 at the wheels. I loved my FV10, then I changed it to a VF10/VF12 hybrid and loved it some more.
bogaut
antispam: No

Post by bogaut »

my buddies protege running my old vf10 setup put 244hp atw. not half bad
ethand

Post by ethand »

Sweet work, man, looking awesome! Nice score with the seats :D
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
bbunkerc397
antispam: No

Post by bbunkerc397 »

I like your MS seats.
1996 MX-3 KL-ZE with Eunos 800 IM, factory side skirts,. "Owner since 2001 my 14th year"
1992 929s 20B-REW Lowered, 17" chrome Millenia rims, custom black interior. "13th Owner 9th year"
2006 Chevy HHR LT "Bought Brand New - East Side Chevy" Sold to my Dad
memphis9787

Post by memphis9787 »

Thanks guys :D I find The MS seats to be tighter on my legs than my stockies, prob as they have the rise around your thighs, still super comfy tho, the Synthetic vinyl material is supprisingly thick, which is good as I was worried it could tear, which is not what you want when they cost more than the price of the stock car :lol:

Should have the car back on the road in about a month, I post a vid of the Dyno Run when that happens,

Getting the tranny sorted seems to have taken ages, I should have done my homework a little more, so as the LSD is a 28 Spline and the g-series/cvs are 26, Ive had to pick up a set of 28 spline cvs from a 323 BA Astina to use the inner cups to fit the LSD. Should't have too many probs now.

Really should just have bought a New 26 Spline Mfactory LSD from the begining, would have been around the same price as the Torsen with the custom Cv's with less effort, Hindsight hey...........
memphis9787

Post by memphis9787 »

Gearbox rebuild done with LSD installed, As the LSD was a 28 Spline, I had to get a Mazda BA 323 Half Shaft which is 28 Spline on either end, and respline it to a 26 on the outer side to fit into the existing CVs Cup. And I used a BA 323 shafts for the drivers side.

As had a custom bearing plate installed for added strength

Also picked up a custom made wing, its oem shape but a bit longer, drag style, still on its way from Japan, also picked up a Whiteline HD rear swaybar,

Motor and Box Installed, (Dont worry all those red bits will be gone, and I have some chrome bolts coming in the mail :D )
Picking up the custom polished I/C pipes on the weekend, exaust getting done, and wiring waiting to be booked in with the tuners.

Testing the cooler positioning

Keen on getting some BBS Rs's once all is done,
17x8 +15 will have to do some measuring to see if they will fit...
Like these with less dish

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”