m62 after throttle body?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
mobius

m62 after throttle body?

Post by mobius »

I've only seen this done on a couple of probes and from what I can find there's relatively little clearance from the sc to the firewall already which makes me think that there is no way it would fit in an mx3,

but has anyone actually thought about/measured/attempted this on an mx3 with a kl? :lol:

I'm outta town for the week or i'd take the tape measure to my car instead of askin but i figured one of you guys may have considered it :mrgreen:
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: m62 after throttle body?

Post by Sleeper6 »

Thought about it, thats an old kit and there is no way you will have enough clearance without hacking your firewall
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

That is a mighty fine idea but no definitely wouldnt fit....but that would be cool if you could do that
Last edited by kulluminati777 on April 20th, 2013, 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

I Think that if you ran a modded DE IM like this setup uses it would fit. and as long as you had solid mounts I think it would be just fine. But it would be close. I have seen a couple of RS's with , modded intakes like this.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

So pretty much like some OEM setups, but you definitely need a bypass valve in this setup.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Syeemx3

Post by Syeemx3 »

How would you get this set up going anyhow? Have a machine shop mod it to your manifold or can you buy them this way? I have a DE IM id love to use this setup on =)
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

you could probably tilt your engine with washers on the motor mount like how some guys got the straight neck to fit passed the brake booster to get it to fit.

by the way it looks freaking awesome and would sound sooooo sexy!!!!
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

BornSticky wrote:you could probably tilt your engine with washers on the motor mount like how some guys got the straight neck to fit passed the brake booster to get it to fit.

by the way it looks freaking awesome and would sound sooooo sexy!!!!
I'd like to see a writeup on the washer thing... I've never heard/seen anything about that.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

I'll do some digging it came out like 5 years ago when I swapped mine
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Was there any issue with axle length on that??
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

I don't think so cause your just kinda twisting the engine. It makes it sit lower at the front
#5389 to join MX-3.com
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

the pics don't work on it anymore but this is one of the threads patdiesel was one of the first to put in a straight neck. http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... k&start=15
#5389 to join MX-3.com
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

When I did my AWD, to get things to clear properly so I didn't have to mod the tunnel or firewall I changed the angle of the engine much in the same way, I just refabbed the motor mounts.

If you have some aluminum plate you could cut it apart and get most of it done yourself and have someone else weld it up for you. One day I will buy a spooler for my welder... one day
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

OH! It's the front/rear mounts? I assumed you meant shifting it to the right side of the car.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:

Return to “Forced Induction”