Electric Air vent

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Electric Air vent

Post by kulluminati777 »

I would like to get fancy and swap a electric vent changing thing from a newer MX-3 to my old busted manual vent changing thing. Im sure its possible. I know you would need to remove the dash. Is there extra fuses or ALOT of wiring i need to swap over??? Has anyone ever even attempted this?
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
PoisonDrop

Re: Electric Air vent

Post by PoisonDrop »

I'm interested in this as well. I swear there was a thread on this, but I can't seem to find it ATM. I remember it mentioning that there were some actuators or motors that control the air box. Anyone have a detailed 94+ wiring schematic? I only have the one for a 93...
93 MX-3 BP - Worklog
PoisonDrop

Re: Electric Air vent

Post by PoisonDrop »

I was looking over this diagram and I think it would be possible. I already have my dash out so maybe this will be my next project.

http://mx-3.com/manuals/showimg.php?fil ... /Z-086.gif

It seems that you would need a dash harness to go along with the controls, as well as the two actuators that are attached to the air box. Maybe the air box itself, I don't know how much different it is. After that, it would just be about finding which color wires match up.

Of course, this diagram isn't as detailed as I'd like, so it's kind of hard to tell. The only issues I could foresee is maybe missing a 12v feed or two from the fuse box. I'm hoping that the old style controls had enough already, in which case they could just be repurposed.
93 MX-3 BP - Worklog

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”