Anybody used the paid version of TunerStudio?

A section dedicated to Engine Mangement Systems & Engine Tuning. Megasquirt, SMS, Haltek, ect.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Anybody used the paid version of TunerStudio?

Post by MrMazda92 »

I'm thinking about buying it, but I wanted to see if anybody HERE had postive/negative thoughts on it first.

It's got fairly positive reviews elsewhere, and the feature list is impressive, especially the level of customization available. It'll be nice being able to save on gauges(for now), by keeping a laptop(or tablet) in the car.

Thanks!
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
mx3optidrive

Re: Anybody used the paid version of TunerStudio?

Post by mx3optidrive »

I bought it and was using it all summer. I really like it. I used Megatune before i purchased TS and I have no regrets at all. I find it way better for tuning compared to MT. The Autotune is alot better too and if you look on miataturbo.net, you can find an awesome map smoothing program that runs in Excel to smooth out your VE and spark maps after you are done tuning. Nice thing about the smoothing program is that you can set the program to smooth the maps by whatever % you want.

TS is money well spent in my opinion.

Jeff
Shop 506-577-6708
cell 506-381-3503
email danny@jdracing.ca
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Awesome post!

That was exactly the kind of thing I was hoping to hear, thank you much Jeff. Next time money rolls in for me, I'll be buying the paid version. Planning to look into the smoothing program as well, thank you.

Do you run a stratified PnP unit in your car?
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

I am running a custom built unit and dongle built by Stratified.

You are welcome for my input. Any other questions, I will be happy to help. Message me on here and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Jeff
Shop 506-577-6708
cell 506-381-3503
email danny@jdracing.ca
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Good stuff man, I just bought one of their PnP units for my '92.

I'll definitely send you some once I get to the tuning, it'll probably be close to 10-12 days before I start though, as I need to scrounge up $50 that isn't already going out.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I am going to get it, too. I just forgot :oops:
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Yeah, I'm still waiting on a wideband... :shrug: I've been buying other goodies, that happened to be the right price at the right time...

Once I get a KLG4 block and heads, I can get a machine shop involved... After that, it's only a matter of time.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
mx3matt
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mx3matt »

i bought it the night my megasquirt arrived, ve analyze is cool even though i havent figured out how to use ms yet lol.

i'm probably gonna steal your ignition table jesse, what i thought was aggressive is apparently pretty opposite. ive got anywhere from 26.5 at 2300 to 33.5 from 3500 to redlline lol.

Return to “Engine Electronics/Tuning”