V6 won't perform at all without joint shaft! Help! RESOLVED

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
stevesei

V6 won't perform at all without joint shaft! Help! RESOLVED

Post by stevesei »

I finally found a local part, after asking for and getting help and suggestions. This site and the people here are the greatest. Thanks for the help! If I can be of help to anyone, please let me know!

I apologize in advance for asking on this forum, but I am in dire need of a joint shaft/intermediate/shaft/jackshaft (fixed shaft from the MTX to the right side CV shaft) and have posted to the WTB and Transmission forums. Can anyone help with a V6 joint shaft. Mine welded itself to the CV joint and is ruined.

Thanks
Steve
727-459-4781
stevesei@seiterfamily.com
Last edited by stevesei on August 19th, 2012, 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Seiter
Blue '92 GS, Milly square-port DE with stainless headers, Stoker100 chip, HEI/Blaster conversion,
2.25" exhaust, High flow cat, ZX-2 shocks, short shifter, urethane front bushings, 17x7s with 595 Evos
whitete
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: V6 won't perform at all without joint shaft! Help!

Post by whitete »

http://media.photobucket.com/image/mx3% ... 1215484495

is this the same part you need ??

I emailed you previously but I got side tracked and my phone died.

let me know if that is the part

thanks
Terry
Red96'Mx3 KL-ZE 2.5, CAI, full 2.5'' exhaust,cat delete, black stock rims polished lip, cross drilled brakes, (aftermarket bumper with halo foglights-Needs work) .
http://www.cardomain.com/id/whitete

Previous rides
Purple94' Mx3 K8-ZE CAI, Exhaust, plugs,wires
Purple95' Mx3 K8 american, CAI, Exhaust, plugs, wires,cap/rotor fuel pump, short shift,
Black 94' Mx3 i4 Stock ( hit by dear )
stevesei

Post by stevesei »

PM'd Terry. His joint shaft seems to have the wrong bolt pattern. He's checking. If anyone has another shaft, PLEASE let me know!

thanks,
Steve
727-459-4781
Steve Seiter
Blue '92 GS, Milly square-port DE with stainless headers, Stoker100 chip, HEI/Blaster conversion,
2.25" exhaust, High flow cat, ZX-2 shocks, short shifter, urethane front bushings, 17x7s with 595 Evos
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

If yours is a 92 it's a three bolt right? A two bolt will work as well, you can drill the third hole if you like. When you remove the half shaft bracket don't be surprised if the threads are stripped when you try to install the new shaft. If this happens just ream the holes and tap a 7/16 thread, it's the next size up and most common bolt size to do.
Whitete, yours has 7/16 bolts. :wink:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
stevesei

Post by stevesei »

Thnks for the tip. Now, do you have a source for a 2-bolt MTX shaft, or better, have one yourself. My new KL block has the full complement of usable threaded holes, but I'm not proud, just desperate. I HAVE to have a shaft in hand this week.

Do you know for sure what donor cars carry a 2-bolt MTX shaft? There are a number of cars with lengths/bolt pattern that absolutely WON'T work.

If you can help, please call or email. It's so much quicker and easier than PMs!

Thanks
Steve
727-459-4781
Steve Seiter
whitete

Post by whitete »

Thanks dan! :) didnt even know myself. Is that the half shaft you gave Troy? because its the half shaft he gave me aswell

And i emailed you a few pictures for you

hope everything is going ok
Red96'Mx3 KL-ZE 2.5, CAI, full 2.5'' exhaust,cat delete, black stock rims polished lip, cross drilled brakes, (aftermarket bumper with halo foglights-Needs work) .

Previous rides
Purple95' Mx3 K8 american, CAI, Exhaust, plugs, wires,cap/rotor fuel pump, short shift,
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I'd be more than happy to give anyone 'the shaft' :lol:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
whitete

Re: V6 won't perform at all without joint shaft! Help! RESOL

Post by whitete »

Lol Dan have you seen any pics of the car nowa days? I love youre car you did a good job swapping the ZE you even kept EGR.

Hows your ze and purple mx3
?

Previous rides

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”