4-cyl loses rpm on right turns

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
93DrunkMx3r
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: No response under heavy throttle?

Post by 93DrunkMx3r »

thanks D...so it isnt a valve its the harness...preciate the clarification. I shalll try this tomorrow...well today when i got some day light lol
93DrunkMx3r

Post by 93DrunkMx3r »

fuel filter: 1
93DrunkMX3r: 0
...its ok i got something for that thing tomorrow
93DrunkMx3r

Post by 93DrunkMx3r »

weeellll, i got the new fuel filter on....and then it rained....hard...however, i did take her for a spin and shall i say, it still bogs down on a right turn...now i know i could check the air inlet tube. I have tested that out. Even though it has a little slit in it, when i squeeze the tube i dont get the same bogging down effect. Now when im turning and the car starts dropping rpms if i push the clutch in it catches once the tach says its at 250....sooo im totally lost now...im gonna replace the air inlet tube of course, but i dont think thats the issue...anyone have a clue?
Demonic1

Post by Demonic1 »

Mine bogs a bit on a hard right hand turns. But I have a broken baffle in my fuel tank and too sharp a turn = air in the fuel lines.

Worth a check.
Wings on an MX3? What are you thinking?

92 RS BP05
93 GS KLZE
(Previously owned by 2Fazed and then mrMazda92)
93DrunkMx3r

Post by 93DrunkMx3r »

well i did go in and advance the timing a little bit and it didnt seem to really effect it....the air filter didnt look too bad. I do have a crack in that accordion intake tube....but when i squeeze it it doesnt give me the same symptom. So when im turning right even at a slow crawl the rpms drop down to 250 and then jump up to around 1k....then drop back down...but its only on a right...i will replace the pvc valve for good measure...but so far ive checked the timing adjusted the idle, changed the plugs and wires, swapped the fuel filter...ill rem the cat and see if thats it but idk man its sounding more electrical? if the motor isnt grounded right could that possibly cause the issue?
93DrunkMx3r

Re: 4-cyl loses rpm on right turns

Post by 93DrunkMx3r »

well, I finally gave up on figuring out what it is...i checked the cat today and the pcv valve...imma take it to the shop tomorrow and let them look at it because i dont have the time at the moment. Wish me luck tomorrow :(
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

this is why Nascar drivers only drive left.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
93DrunkMx3r

Post by 93DrunkMx3r »

SuperK wrote:this is why Nascar drivers only drive left.
i know...lol if i had the amount of horsepower they had...i wouldnt mind it, but this 88hp (46hp on a right turn) is killing me. :lol:
93DrunkMx3r

Post by 93DrunkMx3r »

it was the FUEL PUMP!!!!...the last person who replaced it bent the baffle and the peice that sucks the gas up so when i turned right it wouldnt pick up gas....i found this out by filling the car up...it runs fine!!! im stoked, so i got a new fuel pump assembly coming to me and a set of wheels...it was more cost effective than buying just tires ;)

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”