[FS] Randoms(totalled my car, ALL my parts might be coming)

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Re: [FS] Random Left overs.(Unknown MS part/Another ZE disty

Post by SuperK »

It's fake man, just let go of it.
They used to make these things back in like 06 and peddle them on ebay.
It's just one of those "Voltage Stabilizer" kits you get, the things that are pretty much a capacitor.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by RobMinhas »

I assume it isn't real simply because it seems suspect that a tuner like MS would make voltage stabilizers.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

So why does everyone on the mazdaspeed forums say there real and that there used for starting your car and being easier on your battery because it stores power in it? ......

Found more info saying that it also helps the alternator when something starts to draw to much power from it, that it puts out its extra power it has stored in it.

I just dont see how someone could make an identical mazdaspeed emblem thats like the MS Mazdaspeed emblems on everything else and not have an issue? but if you guys wanna say its fake go for it. :roll: someone will be smart enough to go read about them and realize its not a fake. and to be exact. it came out of my cousins 1988 rx7 parts car.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

cWs306 wrote:So why does everyone on the mazdaspeed forums say there real and that there used for starting your car and being easier on your battery because it stores power in it? ......
Quoting the internet doesn't make it true especially when you say "everyone". I would hope the members on whatever forum you are referring to can back up their statement with some factual evidence.

Everyone needs to calm down. As long as the buyer knows what they are getting it doesn't really matter. I don't think cWs is wrong for listing it as mazdaspeed, since it is badged as mazdaspeed so whether it is legit or not remains to be seen but it should be noted that you are unsure if it is authentic or not.

My opinion on the matter is that this is a not an authentic mazdaspeed product unless you can point me to catalog with a picture or a part number I can look up :shrug:
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

I search for a couple hours to find a catalog and i cant find one to even start looking in. and as for part numbers, i read that they come with a thing on the bottom when there brand new that says the part number and instal instructions. but i read more and it all comes back to this.
Acts like a capacitor storing charge so when you system needs it, doesn't drain the system for the short while as the ecu compensates for the extra load. e.g. A/C, stereo.
This is my understanding of how it works. I could be wrong.
Anyway,
it claims to also effect this:
* car response up ( no idea how)
* stable idling ( no idea how)
* quick engine start ( no idea how)
* optimize electrical equipment performance (this i could see working)
Btw ive went through Mazdaspeed forums, mx5 forums and rx8 forums. everyone whos posted about them has all come back to whats said above, nothing about it being fake though.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

This is the same thing as the mazdaspeed one.

This is what's inside them:

A capacitor releases large amounts of energy in an instant. The amount is measured in farads. You'll see X (where x is a number) farad capacitors usually used in audio equipment when large amounts of wattage are required for a beat.

Large capacitors need to be "charged" though, to store that energy.
When you look at the size and capacity of this little capacitor, they don't store any energy to be able to assist in case a electrical component requires a significant amount of wattage .

When you "reasearch" a component you learn to understand it. Just because somoene said an enlargement pill works and you quoted that person, doesn't mean that's research. Or we'd all be buying from "Canadian Pharmacy" now wouldn't we?

The benefit of this product is a mazdaspeed replica "badged" product that is no longer made, so if you like the aesthetics of it, definitely a neat little product. But only sell it for what it is. A aftermarket "voltage stabalizer" that you see on ebay with a MS engraving on it.

Do NOT sell it under false pretenses. I will side with the buyer and make sure they understand the product they are purchasing. i will fight any peddler in my community who is advertising a product incorrectly.
Last edited by SuperK on August 7th, 2012, 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Until there can be sufficilent proof to state otherwise, this is, like SuperK said a "A aftermarket "voltage stabalizer" that you see on ebay with a MS engraving on it." If you really believe that its authentic and does what youve read it does, you're gonna have to toss up some proof.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

if i wasnt selling my mx3 i would totally go wire it up and try it out to prove it works. but since its half paid for, i cant really do so. but okay well if it is fake then so be it. it says mazdaspeed and has a true badge on it so i took it as its real. didnt think a real badge like this would be phoney/replicated. i found a part thought id be nice n post it. thinkin maybe someone would enjoy it.. i did not say its a REAL ms part off the bat, to be clear i put (unknown ms part) but i got accused of it being fake so i tried my best to find info on it to prove its not. but you guys are pretty stuck on its a replica so w.e. in my opinion. better to have something that says mazdaspeed under your hood then something with a aftermarket name on it. :shrug:
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Thread cleaned. No more debate on the MS voltage stabilizer (fake/not fake TBD) or I will lock this thread down.

If anyone is interested in that part he is selling, read through this thread, do your research and be aware of what you are buying.
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

KLZE disty sold to diezzel. Thanks man! :2thumbsup:
diezzel

Post by diezzel »

No problem . I aim to please . :D

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”