kulluminati777 - 1993 マツダスピード MX-3 You will be missed

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: kulluminati777's All show and no go....

Post by MrMazda92 »

Your car makes me want to do the full MS kit... I'm still leaning towards my wraparound over the MS spoiler, but I like the sides in black! Too bad black paint would drive me nuts. :(
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by kulluminati777 »

MrMazda92 wrote:Your car makes me want to do the full MS kit... I'm still leaning towards my wraparound over the MS spoiler, but I like the sides in black! Too bad black paint would drive me nuts. :(

yeah black is hard to keep clean especially in the pollen season....but yeah most people are not a fan of the MS wing but i have grown to like it, I actually dont like the look of mx-3's without it :mrgreen:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

A little experimentation (carbon wrap) with the hatch garnish to see if i really want a carbon fiber one, it came out better then i thought it would. I might leave it like this because i just wanted the actual carbon for looks and not really performance :shrug: maybe a little clear coat or lacquer :?:

ethand

Post by ethand »

That actually looks pretty cool! Tidy work, by the looks! :)
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
youdirtyfox
antispam: No

Post by youdirtyfox »

That looks spot on I likey :D
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

ethand is alive?!?!?! :lol: yeah i was going to do ACTUAL CF parts but the only parts i was getting wouldnt save any weight so i was mainly throwing my money away.....but yeah it looks good im just waiting to put the rubber back on it the i will post installed pics 8)
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

so like a dum dum i thought if i shoot a clear coat on the carbon wrap it would look a little more real....WRONG...Dont ever put clear on carbon vinyl, now it looks like a solid black piece. Like i sprayed it with black paint :evil: :evil:

I might re wrap it but hopefully i can find a way to get the clear off like with paint thinner or something. You could still tell i wrapped it but u have to look VERY close and on to top things off i broke one of the things that holds the trunk cover when you open it :evil: :evil: :evil:

the only reason im not on a rampage is because push comes to shove ill rip the carbon off and it will look just like it did when i started....also the hood i been after for ages has come to me and for not a bad price either. The only catch is...Ill have to wait till december when im in the states to pick it up and put it on :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:
ethand

Post by ethand »

yea, still alive :pimp:
AAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!! NOOOOO!!!!! Not only ruining a well-wrapped part, but also breaking it?! Maybe I won't be alive for long... :cry:
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

ethand wrote:yea, still alive :pimp:
AAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!! NOOOOO!!!!! Not only ruining a well-wrapped part, but also breaking it?! Maybe I won't be alive for long... :cry:

yeah a good idea gone horribly wrong but i will wrap the sunroof (if my car wasnt black i would wrap the whole roof) and this time i will leave it alone after the job is done :welder:
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

replaced my squeaky hatch hinges with newer ones and i dont notice much of a difference in design...i remember someone saying mazda designed better ones for later years but i never noticed the squeak till i put the mazdaspeed wing on and the only difference i see is more padding on the bottom of the hinge. but i will get the long term review on them later to tell u guys if its worth the 1 hour swap (did it by myself and the hard part was lining the hatch when i put it back on)

Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I'm about this too and noticed the only difference was the little padding - if that's the only difference I will be mad I paid $60+ lol! :x
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Mooneggs wrote:I'm about this too and noticed the only difference was the little padding - if that's the only difference I will be mad I paid $60+ lol! :x

Ill tell you now i dont think it was worth it from my assessment it is a little more quiet but not worth what i paid for the hatches...im not sure if its the hatches creaking (not the squeaking as before) or is it a new sound i never noticed before from somewhere else...im thinking at the back of the car i will put rubber in the corners where i noticed the hatch "rubbing" on the car (from closing or everyday driving IDK :shrug: ) and see if that quiets the hatch ghost :lol: :lol:

Also because i LOVE taking pics and updating my MX fam i have a little bit of maintenance to do this weekend it will be my first doing something this serious (i know im a noob, sue me) to the car that wasn't visual, im slowly learning the engine and will soon put a ZE or a super charged DE in the the mazdaspeed MX-3 i just wanted to get the visuals and suspension out of the way before engine performance...but i was wondering do i have everything for this weekend??

also is there anything else i should do while im in the top end engine, i was thinking clean TB + intake....and any "lessons learned" from doing this?
Thefez

Post by Thefez »

car looks sick man! Id love a MS wing but im not trying to pay $500 for it i really need to get the MS side for my car befor there no longer avalibe question tho. DId u have any issuses putting you CS MS nose on?
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Thefez wrote:car looks sick man! Id love a MS wing but im not trying to pay $500 for it i really need to get the MS side for my car befor there no longer avalibe question tho. DId u have any issuses putting you CS MS nose on?

thanks chief! and no it fit really well, it was my original brackets that where messed up on the drivers side front fender that gave me problems, i need to get a bumper clamp of some sort...the bracket is al messed up and wont clip in right but it is secure so its not the top of my list and i have had the bumper for 3 years nnow :shrug:
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

If your doing both VC gaskets you did buy a replacement intake gasket set too right?
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”