What's your other ride???

Off-Topic Discussions
wytbishop

Re: What's your other ride???

Post by wytbishop »

I'm old and I drive like your grandma so insurance really isn't an issue for me. It will be more than I pay for my MX-3 to be sure, but I'm not getting killed anymore like you whippersnappers.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Test driving the FR-S tonight and the 07' Speed3 tomorrow.

Should be cool.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

The FR-S...

Long story short, they emailed me today to tell me they had a 6MT that I could test drive so I went in and wouldn't you know it sold before I got there..so I had to drive the auto. It has a cool paddle shift feature and the tranny is very smooth, but underwhealming. The car is rated at 200hp but with the automatic it's not as fast as my ZE...or doesn't feel like it at least. Car handles like a go cart though.

The interior is nice enough. Most people will love the seats but they're a bit to narrow for me. Compared to the 06' Speed6 I drove the other day it's not even close. That car has one of the nicest interiors I've ever seen. The Pioneer stereo is quite nice.

If another 6MT comes along I'll go back.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

redmxlookin4turbo wrote: I GOT BORED!
Lol'd HARD!
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

My dd/autocross car... KLDE swap plus a bunch of goodies...

My weekend get away vehical..
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Yeah I've driven every car out there that I'd be interested in owning and could reasonably afford and nothing really cranks my tractor but the MX-3.

I have given up for now. I will till take the chance to drive the 6MT FR-S when it comes up, but it would have to be waaaay better than the automatic to change my mind.

My plan for now is to nurse the beast through another year and then do a full restoration/refurbishment next year.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

So I just saw this today

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicl ... Z385505304

and noticed that a) it's not a 94' cuz the dash is wrong and b) it has leather interior and c) you can see in the underhood shot that it used to be Raspberry Metallic. So I called the guy and the key won't unlock the ignition switch anymore and he is going to take it to a wrecker tomorrow if I don't buy it.

I called Mazda and a new ignition set is $300 so I'm going to offer him $300 for it. He says the body's good just one small spot on the wheel well there and it's not even through, but even if the body's not good enough, I'll swap the seats out fix the ignition and sell it for $1000.

If the body's good I'm storing it till spring and then the resto is on!!!

I'm just glad I saw it before Anthony. Man it's hard living in the same city as that guy and trying to find MX-3 stuff.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

hey crazy i didnt know u lived in langley we should get together some time. im in port kells weekdays
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by RobMinhas »

wytbishop wrote:So I just saw this today

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicl ... Z385505304

and noticed that a) it's not a 94' cuz the dash is wrong and b) it has leather interior and c) you can see in the underhood shot that it used to be Raspberry Metallic. So I called the guy and the key won't unlock the ignition switch anymore and he is going to take it to a wrecker tomorrow if I don't buy it.

I called Mazda and a new ignition set is $300 so I'm going to offer him $300 for it. He says the body's good just one small spot on the wheel well there and it's not even through, but even if the body's not good enough, I'll swap the seats out fix the ignition and sell it for $1000.

If the body's good I'm storing it till spring and then the resto is on!!!

I'm just glad I saw it before Anthony. Man it's hard living in the same city as that guy and trying to find MX-3 stuff.
I think I've dealt with this guy before, the car looks really familiar. I'm not sure though, and for that price it doesn't really matter but there was a fellow selling a similar MX3 in Edmonton I spoke to who claimed it just needed spark plugs when in fact the clutch was finished.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

It is fairly convenient that it can't be driven, but honestly it would be better if it didn't even run. I only want the body. Almost everything else will go in the scrap heap.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

wytbishop wrote:It is fairly convenient that it can't be driven, but honestly it would be better if it didn't even run. I only want the body. Almost everything else will go in the scrap heap.
Good stuff boss, lemme know if you wan to get rid of those seats cheap :D
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Well I'll have a set to move...either my currnent ones or these ones. I'll let you know.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

wytbishop wrote:Well I'll have a set to move...either my currnent ones or these ones. I'll let you know.
Cool stuff Charlie. I call dibs before Anthony does hahah. If you want to part with the cruise control and the rear subframe let me know as well.

Any reply? If it's the same guy I talked to, he's incredibly flaky and difficult to get ahold of.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Yes. We've spoken and he's supposed to call me tomorrow. We'll see if he does I guess.

I have a rear subframe if you need one.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

wytbishop wrote:Yes. We've spoken and he's supposed to call me tomorrow. We'll see if he does I guess.

I have a rear subframe if you need one.
Ah well, hopefully this guys someone else and you've got a real cheap ZE in good shape.

I was hoping for the subframe on the chepa if I grab the seats from you, rear disc swap is being considered but not a priority compared to a BPT swap.

Return to “Off-Topic”