Rob's '95 RS -> BP is in!

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Robs '95 RS Daily driver: No more BPT, more likely BP

Post by RobMinhas »

So I got some more pictures! Because everyone likes pictures!

Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

i love the eunos emblem very cool :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

looking good overall and I like your rims... not a fan of the yellow accents though...
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

Mooneggs wrote:looking good overall and I like your rims... not a fan of the yellow accents though...
+1
it looks super tacky, especially cause you have so little
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

I'll introduce more yellow in, I'm not sure where I want to put it on the exterior quite yet but I see a lot of people do the exact same thing in red and no one calls them tacky.......:D

Anyway,
I put my euro clears in finally, it hadn't even occurred to me to just attach them without wiring the fogs in with them.

The RS spoiler is off right now, theres a local store that could get me paint matched paint for cheap and I've primered and sanded and everything so when I get the paint I can have my spoiler match the rest of the car, when I get the paint i'll do the side skirts as well. Also threw on the red tails, although they didn't come out very shiny or glossy, even with clear coat.

And yes, I know, the car is absolutely filthy. I keep meaning to clean it but I'm feeling pretty lazy.

I also cleaned up the engine bay, I didn't do proper covering of the disty and ended up getting a bit of water in it as well as water in the spark plug wells. I had to get it out with paper towel and an air compressor. I didn't clean the back part of the bay(with the brake booster and stuff) because I'm a goof and completely missed it. I'll be going at it again as there is rad gunk and other sludge on my tranny I want to clean off. I'll be pulling the intake, battery and battery plate then scrubbing the tranny clean.

I cleaned up the VC as I'm prepping to clean it, in the picture here you can see that I didn't clean around the plugs yet but once I do that I'll sand it down and paint it yellow.

And Speaking of yellow, I painted my strut bar! The silver bar was in rough shape so I painted it black and made the braces yellow.
And what else is it thats new in my engine bay? Is that a proper CAI? Something that no longer makes my car suck in hot air? YESSIREE
Thanks to SuperK for that, I couldn't mount the fender plate but whatever, I didn't have to relocate the coolant reservoir and my HID and projector wiring aren't' in the way, so I'm happy. There was a noticeable change in throttle response, it's smooth all the way up the RPM compared to before where it wasn't so smooth.]

I've started to get serious about picking myself up a BPT engine. I haven't had any luck yet, these engines are hard to come by :/ and my only option right now is tiger japan importers or whatever for about 1350+110 shipping, and then I'm stuck with an AWD tranny I'm gonna have a hell of a time getting rid of. I've decided I want the whole package, and I don't want to put in a BP then try to find the necessary parts I'll need to turbo it. I'm holding off buying the BPT yet anyway because I won't have a garage to swap it in till September anyway although I'd jump on a good deal and find a time to do it.

Another reason I don't want to put in a BP now and then turbo it later is that I have a B6 thats doing great and I don't want to pull it and leave it in my garage till I can find a suitable place for it and i doubt very many people would want to buy it.
Bit of a longshot here, but does anyone know a BPT for sale in Alberta or B.C.?
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

ewww that CAI piping looks gross. looks like some tool tried to paint it.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
RobMinhas

Re: Robs '95 RS Daily driver: Still searching for a BPT

Post by RobMinhas »

SuperK wrote:ewww that CAI piping looks gross. looks like some tool tried to paint it.
Hahah superK you silly!

Well, tragedy has somewhat struck.

As some of you may know, I'm over in the Boonies, with rednecks everywhere and I went to a bush party last night. I got in a bit of a scuffle, long story short, some a--hole broke a beer bottle over one of my mirrors, same a--hole actually stabbed me with a broken beer bottle(thank god for a think jacket, or it would've been terrible). So my driver side mirror is bjorked. I found one locally but it was red, so I plasti dipped it as well as my passenger mirror till I find a blue one or a painter to do it.

i wired up a 500W amp with 2x250W 10' subs and shoved them in the back, it's nice to have some base going again.

I've also been trying to track down a BPt and I think I may have found one, although it's already in an MX3 so I'll have to buy the whole car. :/ But that's fine, BECAUSE RACECAR!!
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

So I've found myself a BPT now, it's in an MX3 already. Extensive work has been done to it(updated garret turbo, chipped gtr ecu, things like that). The price tag is surprisingly low yet still I have to consider that I have to pay for tuition for the upcoming year. I've got a lot of money saved up do to not having very many costs and I want to keep it that way and only dip into it for emergencies. It's basically the whole package and i;ll only need to replace the transmission(or crack that b---- upon and pull out the speedo gear, i'd rather not as I'm not comfortable with it and getting a Gseries won;t be too difficult) as well as very few other problems that aren't too complicated to take care of.

So far my options if I purchase the car are to either:
A. Keep the car as my summer car and my current DD as my winter car. To keep the mileage down as well as the reliability factor will be more important in the winter, where getting stranded in the cold is a big problem.

B. Swap everything over to my DD and throw the B6 into the new MX3. Then either sell the B6 or keep one as winter and one as a summer car.

C. Keep the BPt and sell the B6(or give back to my folks). This one is painful because I've grown very very attached to the car. The front bumper,side skirts, spoiler, CAI and audio system is very familiar with me as it is the first stuff I've really ever done to modify a car. Not to mention I love me that Creek Blue Mica.

I'm pretty torn at what I want to do right now, although I'm certain I want to buy the BPT MX3. If I buy it I'll either sell off my rims( found out recently they're GP racing Mugen replicas so the Honda boys love them, got offered $1k for them a week ago) as well as sell off a lot of other stuff that's not needed for the car(possibly side skirts, raised RS spoiler, Sub+Amp) and maybe pick up a second job for the sole purpose of raising funds for the BPT mx3.

Any input from anyone else?
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

I've done more pondering on what I will do regarding the BPT, however there is no rush as of yet to actually do anything. The seller hasn't put it up for sale or anything yet so no rush.

I got my ebay sttering wheel hub today and oh my goodness is it ever nice to have a working horn again! I just gotta find someone to honk at me so I can use the s--- outta it! I reinstalled this aftermarket one that somehow ended up in there.

And I installed my black projectors! Got them for a great price and thanks to Evo_Specs wonderful wire and cut job everything was very easy to switch from the old projector set to the new one. I forgot to take pictures but the black ones have weatherstripping around the headlight so no vibration meaning no headlight mounts breaking D: :D

The previous owner put blue LEDs in the actual halo part of the headlight, pictures don't really show it as it was pretty bright out still and now it's cold and dark and I have the flu so I ain't going out there!

When lights are off:
When first dial is turned(No DRLs for me!)
Low beams(6000K HID's)
Not sure why they look green......

High beams!
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

damn my projectors are weird when i hit the high beam the light switches between the two.....both dont stay on like yours, and the reason why it sucks is because if i have the high beams on for too long i have to wait for the H.I.D.'s to arm up again so its mad dark..... :shrug:
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

my halo's and im assuming robs as well came with some extra wiring and some relays i believe. when hooked up they would keep both lights on at the same time...
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

mikeinaus wrote:my halo's and im assuming robs as well came with some extra wiring and some relays i believe. when hooked up they would keep both lights on at the same time...
yeah, rob's wiring harness that came with the headlights had a relay on them, took me a sec to figure out what it was when i was modifying his harness
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

oh ok all that extra wiring i skipped because im not a big LEDs fan (only german cars have LEDS)
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Yeah theres a lot of wiring and relays attached to the harness compared to pictures of other ones I've seen. I'm pretty happy with them, the lights are properly aimed too hahah.
kulluminati777 wrote:oh ok all that extra wiring i skipped because im not a big LEDs fan (only german cars have LEDS)
Coming from the same guy who threw chrome 18s on an MX3?
I kid I kid hahah
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: also one of the guys who has actual mazdaspeed parts and not just stickers

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”