Sam's 1.6 MX-3- LT Turbo project.

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
youdirtyfox
antispam: No

Re: Sam's Slammed 1.6 MX-3- Turbo project > New photos!

Post by youdirtyfox »

:D :D :D Love the responses thanks Peoples, its been a fun journey so far, means alot to get this much recognition 8)
and I'm glad you like what I've done with the MX-3 as I've built this to my taste> It drew alot of attention yesterday at Japfest
and had some great comments, was pretty funny getting stuck on one of the on ramps to the show, a good few onlookers came over to give the car a shove off though.

@ Mooneggs sure it is , the whole tuckin lots of tyre thing is taking stance to the extreme(go to0 far and it would look like a VW,lol), is not all about that though....
Its the way you present the car and how well the whole car and the wheels flow together/out of the arches. If I were too lower it another 25mm I would have credit card fitment. Ie only a credit card would fit between the tyre and the arch which is what I'm after, but Im not prepared to do that so 16"'s will be the order of the day to achieve proper fitment. I guess if I wanted to make it look even lower it would mean side skirts and another homebrew front splitter so you cannot actually see any daylight from under the car when looking from ground level.
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

FINALLY! Someone that does it right! Too bad I parted out my MX-3, this thread makes me want another one! lol
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

mx-3_4evr wrote:FINALLY! Someone that does it right! Too bad I parted out my MX-3, this thread makes me want another one! lol
did you end up getting a 323 or something?
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

mx-3_4evr wrote:FINALLY! Someone that does it right! Too bad I parted out my MX-3, this thread makes me want another one! lol
Cheers Bro! Someone said to that to me also at the show yesterday!

Dey see me rollin....

mx3matt
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mx3matt »

i've really gotta cut that "bar" out of my lower grille. looks sick.
racycle

Post by racycle »

I love the bumper a lot to. The more I look at ur car the more temped I am to go outside and attempt it.

racycle's Worklog!
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=76991
-RIP

Current Toy
http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=80470

Please don't tap on the hood. It disturbs the gerbils.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

youdirtyfox wrote:@ Mooneggs sure it is , the whole tuckin lots of tyre thing is taking stance to the extreme(go to0 far and it would look like a VW,lol), is not all about that though....
Its the way you present the car and how well the whole car and the wheels flow together/out of the arches. If I were too lower it another 25mm I would have credit card fitment. Ie only a credit card would fit between the tyre and the arch which is what I'm after, but Im not prepared to do that so 16"'s will be the order of the day to achieve proper fitment. I guess if I wanted to make it look even lower it would mean side skirts and another homebrew front splitter so you cannot actually see any daylight from under the car when looking from ground level.
Well thank you for not doing it VW style and representing the MX-3 community well - I love the look and your car is definately one of the most unique well done mx-3's that I have ever seen.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

very very nicely done!
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

Hey thanks Guys (especially MR JDM himself :) glad Im representing the community well, hopefully may spark a few new members of the club and followers of the MX-3.
Alot of the VW/BMW peeps are on airbag susp. thats why they can acheive that crazy fitment were the arch is sitting inbetween the poked rim and the stretched tyre!!

I think if it could get one wheel size bigger & wider it would fill out the arches more, like this crude photoshop:
you can see now how the arch follows the line down the tyre :D and with a touch of camber would
create an even nicer form, that to me is stance tbh...the only way to do that though properly is with a proper split rim wheel!
youdirtyfox

Re: Sam's Slammed 1.6 MX-3- LT Turbo project > New photos!

Post by youdirtyfox »

Not done alot in terms of work just swapped all the dials over again so I finally have a working rev counter and accurate fuel & coolant guage, which showed up not to be working as She boiled over in the traffic 'o japfest. My fan never kicked in either so I got to wire up a manual switch to the dash just to be on the safe side.

have been outing shooting some more pics though, getting used to the camera more and using post production in photoshop aswell as the rusty recommended free trial HDR photomatix.

Also tried to capture a 360 degree panoramic interior shot through the sunroof, needs more work though something like a motorised mount would do it

I'm off out tonight to try some 'light painting' with the car and a 75 LED work lamp, will edit the pictures in later if it works...
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

Evo_Spec wrote:
did you end up getting a 323 or something?

No, now I'm building a 450HP RX7 drift machine :welder:

I really like the pic with the lights :D
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

mx-3_4evr wrote:I really like the pic with the lights :D
x2! :love:
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

Yeas light painting is my new favourite thing! will do it again with the car but complete pitch black will work alot better.
a couple more I did the same night.

kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

thats crazy cool 8)
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

Thats me ina nutshell :D :wink:

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”