HELP! HALTECH E6K TO BPT DISTY/IGNITION??!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
puromx3

HELP! HALTECH E6K TO BPT DISTY/IGNITION??!

Post by puromx3 »

hey alright, I have the E6k haltech on my bpt mx. everything is in working conditions except my ignition/disty. I tried just connection the haltech wires straight to the disty connector, powered by msd 6a and coil. nothing. canceled that out and did the HEI mod, cranks but still no spark from coil. tested coil and wiring everything is fine (according to how the hei is set up but not sure on the haltech side). reading the E6K manual it has G.M. direct fire ignition set up, but theres no info or diagrams on the subject in the manual. I know that theres a specific way the haltech has to be connected to create spark for the car to start. ANYONE with HALTECH done to there bp's or bpt's i need your help on how you set up your wiring to module n coil. diagrams, advice, anything helps. thanks guys.
-1995 mx-3 1.6 to bpt using e6k.
-cranks but does not turn over
-everything has power and ground, including coil
-coil isnt sending spark to disty
-problem is in the wiring (most likey from haltech side)
Ive been doing my research for awhile and it will continue. thanx to anyone who takes interest.
JDM MX-3 KLZE 2.5 W/ HEADERS, SHORT RAM INTAKE, FIDANZA FLYWHEEL, STAGE 3 CLUTCH, SHORT THROW SHIFTER, NOLOGY HOT WIRES, PAINTED AND POLISHED ENGINE, WHITE W/BLUE PEARL PAINT, ENKEI RPF1s 9.5lbs, COILOVERS, B-PILLAR BAR, 6K HID HEADLIGHTS, 12K HID PINK FOGS, PROSPORT GAUGES.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Re: HELP! HALTECH E6K TO BPT DISTY/IGNITION??!

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

I think Mike has the same/ similar EMS. Maybe send him a PM.
puromx3

Post by puromx3 »

thanx man i will.
JDM MX-3 KLZE 2.5 W/ HEADERS, SHORT RAM INTAKE, FIDANZA FLYWHEEL, STAGE 3 CLUTCH, SHORT THROW SHIFTER, NOLOGY HOT WIRES, PAINTED AND POLISHED ENGINE, WHITE W/BLUE PEARL PAINT, ENKEI RPF1s 9.5lbs, COILOVERS, B-PILLAR BAR, 6K HID HEADLIGHTS, 12K HID PINK FOGS, PROSPORT GAUGES.
Mi|<E

Post by Mi|<E »

Denis did a good write up for the E6K that might help.

http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showth ... -BP-engine

I have an E6X that is somewhat different.
puromx3

Post by puromx3 »

I've read that already n it helped alot but still not quite sure how the to hook up iginition module, Sort of unclear.
i will try n read more closely see if I can figure it out. thanx for the help.
any others?
puromx3

Post by puromx3 »

going to try and hook up my msd 6a again, n try according to the write up.
keep it posted on what happens.
puromx3

Post by puromx3 »

hey i was wondering if any of you could post pics up of the wiring. i know it sounds like im trying to get everything done for me but ive been working on this with a lot of effort but the ignition is all i need to fire this baby up. thanx
puromx3

Post by puromx3 »

awesome i got my ignition side to work. thanx to the write up. now need to set up the sequential injectors. finally got DOSbox to work on my xp pc lol which i have inside my car (dont have a laptop) but it works great. just need to search for maps to tune the e6k.
ANY SUGGESTIONS, LINKS, ADVICE on what maps i should put?
ex. timing, ignition, fuel...stuff like that.
Mi|<E

Post by Mi|<E »

Maps are fairly custom, depends on injector size mostly.

Are you using MAP sensing ?
puromx3

Post by puromx3 »

Honestly im barely reading up on this entire tuning thing. nubbie. this is my first stand alone system.
need to do more research and read the manual more carfully.

hey mike see if you can help me out with this one
PC INTERFACE wiring, serial port pins?

E6K diagram from manual (just remade on paint for post)

how is yours set up? the wires were hanging off the serial port when i bought the mx.
just need to fix this so my DOSbox can read the haltech.
puromx3

Post by puromx3 »

^^ lol it funny how i answer my own post..i got it working and i am online with the haltech. i think my own post is my own motivation to my research.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”