t25 turbo hp

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Edgar7654
antispam: No

t25 turbo hp

Post by Edgar7654 »

how much horse power will a bp engine with a t25 turbo from a dsm make with out a boost controller just stock internal wastege make..... F series tranny
the reason for asking is im deciding on what clutch to get a brand name spec stage 1 or should i get a stage 2 i dont plan on making crazy power i just want to know how much i would be making more or less
thank you and god bless you
Mi|<E

Re: t25 turbo hp

Post by Mi|<E »

Tranny doesn't really make a difference in power, just when it will break. Note I say when and not if.

So lets say your wastegate spring is set at 8 lbs. with a 1.8L that can be anywhere from 170-200 horsepower
at the crank. So as for a clutch get the spec full face stage 2, iirc its about ~40 bucks more than stage 1.
Josh
Supporting Member

Re: t25 turbo hp

Post by Josh »

I am using a 16G on my RS and I would be in the 320-360 WHP range ;) but my BP has a lot of things done to it. if its a stock T25 on a stock N/A BP you could probably see 200 to 220 WHP at like 12-14psi. But that trans will crap out the first time you dump the clutch in 1st gear.

Remember that although the BP and the F-series bolt up the half shaft or intermediate shaft will not. same with a G series with a B6. I believe the 92-93 RS used a one piece axle on the passenger side, or you would have to modify the bracket on the half shaft. So when you blow up the diff in the little F box remember to look for a Kia Sophia trans and axles. they are bigger and the trans is stronger than that of its Mazda counterparts.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”