Tavman's - 93 White BPT

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Evo_Spec

Re: Tavman's - 93 White MX3 BPT

Post by Evo_Spec »

yay!

so i'm not sure if you've gone over this but what left needs to be done now? tranny and intercooler piping? or was it a lot more than that?
Tavman_1213
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Tavman_1213 »

What needs to be done for it to run:
- waterpump, timing belt and pulleys(plus new springs)
- needs a clutch (still not sure which one ACT or Compation Clutchs for my G-seires)
- axles
- front brakes
- outer tie rods
- intercooler piping fitted to FMI
- BOV
- boost gauge
- shift knob
- exhaust(going with 2 1/2 straight to more that likely a magnaflow 2 1/2 in to 3 out, NO FART CANNONS ALLOWED!!!!)
- plus all the fluids!!

That is the list of bare minimum of things to make it run. Now what I am going to do(money permintting) is alittle different:
- head gasketset with ARP head studs (can't find a head gasket set for less that 200 in town not sure about the rockauto ones and how reliable they are)
- intake, exhaust and ported head need to be sent away to be flow tested and portmatched(the head is a surprise)
- Mazda Speed LSD (a buddy gave me a GTX AWD tranny that I am going to rip apart to see if I can steal the LSD but I'm pretty sure the only thing I can take it the 5th gear which is the same as the 626 ratio)
- KYB springs, eibach lowering springs and new strut mounts plus boot and stops
- Rear disk brake convertion (which will mean new rear brakes)
- 90 amp alternator

So it is still a pretty big list but its just buying alot of the big ticket items that is slowing me down right now (money is slowing all of us down haha)
A buddy sold me a set of 16" Motegi's with 50% rubber for $200 bucks no pictures yet.
93 White RS- BPT Built not bought!!
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78988
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

oh ok, so it's all engine/tranny stuff basically, the actual car's all good?
Tavman_1213 wrote:- exhaust (NO FART CANNONS ALLOWED!!!!)
mine went straight in without modification and best of all, free...ish, can't complain. =D
Actually, any idea what colin put on the 323 he sold me? i just assume it's a fart cannon, never really looked.
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Yeah I wants to replace ball joints and stuff besides that only a couples spots were some rust is(not to concerning only surface)!! oh an I need tail lights(toying around with all red stock ones or blacking out stock ones, going to borrow robs to see about the black ones)
You are more than welcome to come an see it(it's isn't movin hahaha) whenever just give me a shout!! That's also an invitation to anyone else in the area that wants to take a look at a non moving car haha!!
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Tavman_1213 wrote:What needs to be done for it to run:

- shift knob
Who needs a shift knob to run their car! Just don't drive it in the cold :)
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Haha I am not used to grabbing small rods I need something that is similar in size!!! Hahahaha
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

I got a set of stock tail lights and have installed them because I'm not the biggest fan of the altezzas! My car came with chrome ones and the looked like crap and I don't think the black ones would look all that good! Plus I ripped my head light plastic cover off to clean an polish the inside of my head light plus maybe do some painting....... but I was wonder with the people that have done this did you put the metal piece that surrounds the bulb back in or just remove it all together??
Also picked up a set of 5 spoke stock rims for cheap. 2 of them are good, which will match my 2 good ones tha came with my car. The other 2 aren't bad but there was some curb rash on them!!
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Just wanted to post the pictures of what I've been doing!
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Hey had a question about what gasket set I should buy and was wondering if any of the BPT guys or anyone else for that mater have used this gasket set from Rockauto: VICTOR REINZ Part # HS5878 or have had any problems with this brand of gaskets.
I would love to buy a Felpro one but they are way to expensive. Let me know thanks
Mi|<E

Re: Tavman's - 93 White MX3 BPT (Gasket Questions!!)

Post by Mi|<E »

Topline from http://www.importperformanceparts.net/ just as good as oem
Tavman_1213

Re: Tavman's - 93 White MX3 BPT (Gasket Questions!!)

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Thanks Mike I was hoping you would answer haha!
Tavman_1213

Re: Tavman's - 93 White MX3 BPT (Speedo issue!!)

Post by Tavman_1213 »

So was bored today and still waitin for my gasket set to arrive so decided to paint the needles on my speedo! All went well but after I had it together I noticed on the back that on of the wires in the strip was broken and have not been able to figure out what it does an I don't know what it stands for! It goes from the connector to a stainless screw in the back labeled RSW!

Also removed the two white pieces of plastic to let more light get through.

Here the pictures of the wire

I want to figure this out before I put it back in!!
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

It looks like it's a ground because of the crew that it connects to, they wouldn't do that for a positive feed.

Picture is too blury, but looks like just the copper is showing? Or it is actually broken?

So the question is if it shorted out from a short, or if it burnt out because of excess load?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

It is actually broken! But with out my car even close to be able to run I can't tell you what is effected by it! The only thing I could find was on a miata forum an they say it controls the speedo
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

is it electric or mechanical? cause i have a spare electrical one i can give you, or even just that back "wiring" piece

*edit* also if it's electrical i can probably tell you what it is if i look at mine but i'm going out now so i'll reply back tonight if you don't get any info

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”