engine question

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
FastFlaMx3
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

engine question

Post by FastFlaMx3 »

ok will a miller cycle super charged engine fit in a mx3 as i think my motor is about gone
and i can get a millercycle engine for 300$ running with 78k milesImage
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3882183" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nd4SpdSe

Re: engine question

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Last edited by SuperK on February 27th, 2012, 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
FastFlaMx3

Post by FastFlaMx3 »

i just want to know if it can be done
:oops: :confused2: :welder:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3882183" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

it physically MAY fit. ive herd of people attempting it but ive never herd of anyone actually finishing it. there was a guy who swapped one into a protege fairly recently. there would be a tun of cutom fab work to get it in and a long journey to make it work. if your up for it, go ahead. if you can make it work im sure tuns of people would like to find out how...
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

no one could find a transmission to mate with it is the biggest issue.

atlantamx3.com/mocaforum has some info in their forums about their attempt at the KJ. It never happened, long story short.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

here's the most useful link i could find for you, it's the guy who had a 3rd gen protege with a KLZE swapped in and then he but the KJ into it.
http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showth ... ght=miller
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Short answer is that anything will fit if your pockets are deep and your experience/access to collective information. It will not be straight forward at all, compared to a KL swap, sorry to say. :(
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Yes.

But don't do it.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

mating a trans is not a problem at all. It bolts right up to a V6 G25 MTX or ATX. the problem lies with hood clearance in the MX3. If you could fab up the Intercoolers differently you may be able to get it to fit under a OE hood. Or custom mounts to lower it into the car further. The major issue with it will really come down to the wiring, it will not plug and play, you must change the harness splice cut and so on, as well as convert it to a manual. It takes a bit of time to do this. There may also be clearance issues on the engine side with the frame rail, you may have to notch it as well.

Edit: If I came across a milly S that was running for 300 bucks I would do it. Bottom line Everyone and their mother will tell you its not worth it that you cant do it, especially the elite coffee club, but if you have the time and know how to do it and want to then do it. No one else has done this swap to my knowledge into a MX3 yet. BTW they all said the same things when I did the AWD conversion. It took me a month in my spare time and cost me 1500 in parts over a years time.

Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Josh wrote:if you have the time and know how to do it and want to then do it.
If he's asking about it, than he doesn't have the know how.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

MrMazda92 wrote:Short answer is that anything will fit if your pockets are deep and your experience/access to collective information.

Will this fit? :)

Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

^^^ :laugh: I think with extending the chassis a little, running some GR2's with HnR springs you should be able to handle it :lol:
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
Josh wrote:if you have the time and know how to do it and want to then do it.
If he's asking about it, than he doesn't have the know how.
The first step in any process is asking :wink: I didn't know crap when I did/started any of my builds it was trial and error, and asking questions. We have no idea what he is capable of doing or not.

Back to the KJ, this is the motor I would like to put into a MX3 it has SOO much potential with minor mods. I have been researching this swap pretty heavily for the past 6-8 months or so. There is potential to obtain 200 to 220 WHP with some mild porting and bolt on's while running the factory tuning. I would love to see somebody actually do this, though you would have a better chance going with a standalone than you would getting the OE computer to run properly. I guess if I ever blow my ZE then I may seek an alternative :)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”