Rob's '95 RS -> BP is in!

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Robs '95 RS Daily driver: No more BPT, more likely BP

Post by RobMinhas »

Sooo I picked up a ton of goodies from good ol' Anthony/Diezzel for my CF hood. I haven't got any pics right now but I'll throw them up later today.
What I got:
-Euro side skirts w/ hardware
-Euro bumper w/ lip and Euro support-->Unfortunately is red so I'm gonna need to paint it
-Fog lights w/ switch
-Euro clears
-Tow hook
-B&M short shifter
-Intrax lowering springs(Used to belong to Mooneggs :))
-Strut mounts
-Eunos side sills

And as you can tell from the last page of my work log that means I have all of the pieces of my Suspension!!! Now to put them together! Which has proven problematic as I need to rent spring compressors and an impact wrench, I haven't found anywhere that doesn't need a credit card for rental, and BC requires you to be 19 to get a credit card :(

I havent' been too proactive in my search I will admit, I've been very busy with other stuff.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

pictures, NAO!!!!
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

I used the partsource one a couple times, not sure if I needed to give them a credit card or not.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:I used the partsource one a couple times, not sure if I needed to give them a credit card or not.
When i rented spring compressors from partsource they didn't need a credit card but needed an $89 deposit or something high like that.
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

rob had apparently forgotten that i have spring compressors :P
Worklog
:: DIY CAI :: DIY Ground kit + Condenser :: Euro Mini Sides :: SE Leather Seats :: Kenwood Headunit w/ Custom IPod Mount ::
:: KYB GR2 w/ H&R Springs :: Drag DR-2 17x7 :: RS Raised Spoiler :: 2x12" Polk DB1222 subs w/ 800w Clarion amp ::
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

he also forgot to post pictures up today!!!
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

So a couple of things happened today.......

I found out the struts i purchased are for 95-98 Proteges-not compatible with MX3s. So I"m not the search for struts :(

But I found my phone cable! So pictures muahahahha

So I went out to Red Deer to pick up my goodies as I mentioned before.
Not pictured: I got a black hood with a Eunos badge. Just 'cause.

It was a tight fit, but nothing my MX3 couldn't handle.
Intrax lowering spirngs and random strut components
Tow hook, euro clears and fog lights
EDM bumper and EDM bumper support
B&M short shifter
Euro mini sides
Side Sills
I sanded down and primed up the tow hook. the Hook bit is going to be yellow(matching my callipers) and the rest will be black
And theres my car, just chilling under the snow. You can't even notice the scratches and different coloured hood with the snow :D
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

time to get your install on :welder:
Worklog
:: DIY CAI :: DIY Ground kit + Condenser :: Euro Mini Sides :: SE Leather Seats :: Kenwood Headunit w/ Custom IPod Mount ::
:: KYB GR2 w/ H&R Springs :: Drag DR-2 17x7 :: RS Raised Spoiler :: 2x12" Polk DB1222 subs w/ 800w Clarion amp ::
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

i'm so jelly lol
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

So I finally managed to remove the can of nite shade I used on my stock tail lights. OH dear was that hard. I used nail polish remover and a sand sponge to get them off. Now that I have it off I have no idea what I want to do with it haha.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

So an update:

I installed a short shifter 8) All by myself..
Not gonna lie, it was a bit of a struggle. I successfully found a way to safely jack up my car
And go all of the trim removed around the shifter(yes in this order), then I scooted underneath and removed the bolt that was holding the shifter in. Removed the shifter, threw in the new shifter, then scooted back under the car. Then I forgot I didn;'t put in the copper bushings I got :shock: :oops: so I pull it out again, remove the old ones and put in the others. Threw it back in again, I scooted under the car and when I tried to fit the bottom of the shifter into the linkage, it wouldn't fit.
But I muscled it in, then another problem occurred.
I couldn't line up the hole for the bolt in the shifter and the holes in the linkage. I probably took about an hour to finally get it lined up and in, but I was successful! I rewarded myself with these stickers!
Heres some pics of the Short throw shifter, not sure what I was trying to get through as i should have actually measured the before and after.
Neutral
1st

I found something else when my car was jacked up, as well as a broken sway bar link :'(
and I found something weird underneath where my heated seat switches would go, if i had heated seats

I got my tokico blues in the mail!
and I installed a sway bar along with a new air filter
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

RobMinhas wrote:and I found something weird underneath where my heated seat switches would go, if i had heated seats
Nope, those are different. Every Mx-3's with non-heated seats have those.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Nd4SpdSe wrote: Nope, those are different. Every Mx-3's with non-heated seats have those.
What purpose do they serve? I ask because Evo_Spec doesn't have them.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

RobMinhas wrote:
Nd4SpdSe wrote: Nope, those are different. Every Mx-3's with non-heated seats have those.
What purpose do they serve? I ask because Evo_Spec doesn't have them.
No clue!

Never seen an Mx-3 not come with them tho, but I've only worked on 92-93's it seems
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

THat's strange... The next time i go to a junk yard I'm gonna follow them and see where they go. I don't want to mess with my trim anymore haha

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”