Highway Scammer PWN3D By Dashcam

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: Highway Scammer PWN3D By Dashcam

Post by Daninski »

RobMinhas wrote: I do think people are kinda going over the top here, he did try to scam the other guy, and the other guy recorded what happened and is no longer at fault for the accident and won't need to pay for the accident. Douchebags insurance premiums go up, and now justice is served.

No need to reveal his private information and be complete a--holes. Yes he's a shitty person for what he did, but does he deserve to have his private info, that will surely be used for sending a--hole emails and phone calls and fake pizza deliveries(because that's what 4chan does) to both his home and his workplace. He did the deed and now he's faced the music with the insurance company. Just because he did something awful doesn't mean his life should be ruined.

Maybe I'm just rambling....
I respect your empathy I do however think what he tried to do was despicable. If he's running that kind of scam now what's next. Usually criminals escalate their criminal behavior not reduce it. This is probably the best thing that could ever happen to him and it's happening before he has a family with kids that would suffer because of his criminal behavior. I hope at this point the police get involved and he's made to pay restitution and be directed to do community service. Just like every other criminal.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

....If this is soooo common, why isn't his insurance company going..

"So tell my again how many rear enders you got into this month?"

"15"

"And they were all accidents?"

"Yes."

"Okay, here's your next $500"

:roll:
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

Ryan I think you are missing the point, its not the insurance company but the people hes taking advantage off. How many people have just payed him out of pocket not to hav their insurance rates go up from having it reported? He deserves every last bit of hate mail because there is no telling how many people have fallen trap to this and payed him cash and not had anything documented. Heck thats probably the only reason he can afford that acura, I say put him on a carpet and ship him back to the sandbox where he belongs... If everyone stopped trying to rehabilitate these rejects of society and just put them down I think we would all be better off.
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Guess someone from the Subaru club had it happen to him in the same week!

And another has some forward on the video to say that this person did it to them last year.
"I am one of the victims of this individual stunt, but it happened last year in June at Westney Rd / 401,

this is the same guy with the same car, I don't have paper to prove the license plate ,

once I saw this and his face I have recgonize him, his car should have blue neon lights underneath , HE RIPPED ME OFF from $300 bucks, now I know why I didn't see his brake lights working, he backed up and hit my car , I regret not calling Police and my insurance".
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

If it were my dashcam, it would have captured a certain guy getting his nose broken by an anonymous elbow (it's not worth risking a hand injury). I am working on my temper, in these kind of situations, but here has been bodily harm, in the past. If I found out that he did it more than once, I'd give him time to heal, and then break it again.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Sleeper6 wrote: its not the insurance company but the people hes taking advantage off. How many people have just payed him out of pocket not to hav their insurance rates go up from having it reported?
You can't, report it and you're 100% at fault. You're only innocent if he admits fault, or you have hard evidence.

He told the cop, the cop didn't care cause the damage was minimal. With this video gone viral, they've drawn out 2 more victims from this single scammer, which makes the case do from a he-said-he-said to something that is actually leading to it actually being a scammer, and makes a much stronger case against him.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
im2bad4ya

Post by im2bad4ya »

There's an app for that! :wink:

What I mean is, I use my iPhone quite extensively in my car. I use it to play my music, as my GPS, and when I don't use my GPS as a stand alone speedometer. I have it mounted on the dash and sometimes I record my drives for situations like this. I'm glad I've never been in an accident, but I might make recording my drives a permanent thing. Not only as evidence to protect me, but who know what I might catch??

Daninski wrote:Never even heard of 4chan. Am I living under a rock?
You're living under a rock under a bolder under a pineapple under the sea! :lol:

-1992 MX-3 RS w/BP Swap Tropical Emerald Metallic "Lucky" 2005-2012 *REST IN PIECES*
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78176

-2003.5 MAZDASPEED Protege #882 Blazing Yellow Mica "Lemon Drop" 2012-2015 SOLD!

-2003 MAZDASPEED Protege #1186 Spicy Orange "Debbie" 2014-2015 SOLD!

-1980 Toyota Corolla Green 2014-present

-2002 Lexus IS 300 Solar Yellow 2015-present
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

im2bad4ya wrote: You're living under a rock under a bolder under a pineapple under the sea! :lol:
I'm yellow and porous absorbent that's me. :D

Patrick Star. :wink:
Last edited by Daninski on February 15th, 2012, 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

fowljesse wrote:If it were my dashcam, it would have captured a certain guy getting his nose broken by an anonymous elbow (it's not worth risking a hand injury). I am working on my temper, in these kind of situations, but here has been bodily harm, in the past. If I found out that he did it more than once, I'd give him time to heal, and then break it again.
I like your solution a lot. I've always felt people need to be reminded occasionally, otherwise the lessons they learn will be forgotten.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

From the updated YouTube description:

Updated: 02-15-2012

From the person in charge of my insurance company:

Your claim is not under investigation. The video clearly shows what happened in the collision. I have called the third-party insurance company and they also have a copy of this. They will be proceeding 100% AF on the other driver. He initially reported that it was a rear end collision until his insurance company was sent the video.

Okay, for real, how stupid is this guy?
Tell your insurance you were rear-ended then give an interview to a major paper saying you were at fault?
All this knowing the other guy has a dashcam that recorded the whole thing.
And it's posted on YouTube.
With 200,000+ views.
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

fowljesse wrote:If it were my dashcam, it would have captured a certain guy getting his nose broken by an anonymous elbow (it's not worth risking a hand injury). I am working on my temper, in these kind of situations, but here has been bodily harm, in the past. If I found out that he did it more than once, I'd give him time to heal, and then break it again.
"Violence is the first refuge of the incompetent." - Isaac Asimov

But alas, lessons not learned in blood are lessons soon forgotten. I know where you're coming from. Some people are too stupid and have to learn the hard way.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
timpronk

Post by timpronk »

The youtube vid wasnt working so did a search: http://www.break.com/index/highway-acci ... il-2300255
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

VIN and new plate has been released...
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

I still stand by my point but I do admit that someone who acts in a criminal way should be punished like a criminal.

I still don't think it's okay for his personal info to be posted on the internet, anonymous internet goers can be complete jerks with a complete disregard for others.

ANYWAY....I want to get a dash cam, anyone got any recommendations?
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

RobMinhas wrote:ANYWAY....I want to get a dash cam, anyone got any recommendations?
i think i'm gonna try the cheap $40 one on ebay cause even if it's not good, it was only $40
but yeah, if anyone has experience with a good dash cam that'd be great to hear

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”