Okay, I'll admit it!.....if I could have a Honda............

Off-Topic Discussions
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Re: Okay, I'll admit it!.....if I could have a Honda........

Post by mikeinaus »

wow i never noticed how much the cr-z looks like a prius. :lol:

similar head and taillights, same body lines and windows. its basically a 2 door prius with rims
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Sleeper6 wrote:That 122hp means nothing when you have the instantaneous power of electric assist and CVT transmissions
Great... So you've got an Automatic transmission with a bunch of cool new features... Great, until you need to fix it. Oops, pay somebody to fix it. All so you can have a lazy left foot and a CVT sticker next to your VTEC one? :throwup:

I don't like Hondas personally, but I can respect a quality product when I see it. I've even seen a Civic around town that caught my eye in a good way. Hatchback, legitimately gutted and lightened, quality paint job and no rice to be seen or heard.

No matter what people say in this thread, it'll always look like a 2 door auto trans prius to me. There's my .10 cents, the pictures in my previous post count for the 2.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

fillpereira wrote:There's a Mugen Cr-z Supercharged with almost 200hp

Jeremy Clarkson test drove it in one of his dvds specials

http://www.videozer.com/video/E44Sft

Its about 5 minutes in, enjoy
Linky no worky :( Can't find it on YouTube either.

It's a nice car, but I love how the Mugen one looks

Personally, I'd take the CRZ, strip out the Hybrid components, throw in a K20, maybe even supercharge that, than she'd be fun and worth it.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
im2bad4ya

Post by im2bad4ya »

This is not the same video, but it's the same exact car from that video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_2QQbsTm5I

Mr. Mazda92, those pics just don't do justice. It's kinda misleading. I've seen a few CR-Z's around my area and they look NOTHING like a Prius IRL. The Prius has more of a bubble roofline leading to the trunk. The CR-Z has a more flat roof to a straight slope down the hatch towards a fat bumper, kinda why it reminds me of the MX3. The way the door handles are integrated into the body make it look more sporty and the body panel lines from the front of the car towards the back sloping up give it a race look.

Maybe it's all the rear windows or the HUGE tail lights with the boxy bumper, but for me, the subtleties are enough that I can honestly say they don't look the same to me.

-1992 MX-3 RS w/BP Swap Tropical Emerald Metallic "Lucky" 2005-2012 *REST IN PIECES*
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78176

-2003.5 MAZDASPEED Protege #882 Blazing Yellow Mica "Lemon Drop" 2012-2015 SOLD!

-2003 MAZDASPEED Protege #1186 Spicy Orange "Debbie" 2014-2015 SOLD!

-1980 Toyota Corolla Green 2014-present

-2002 Lexus IS 300 Solar Yellow 2015-present
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Sleeper6 »

MrMazda92 wrote:
Sleeper6 wrote:That 122hp means nothing when you have the instantaneous power of electric assist and CVT transmissions
Great... So you've got an Automatic transmission with a bunch of cool new features... Great, until you need to fix it. Oops, pay somebody to fix it. All so you can have a lazy left foot and a CVT sticker next to your VTEC one? :throwup:

I don't like Hondas personally, but I can respect a quality product when I see it. I've even seen a Civic around town that caught my eye in a good way. Hatchback, legitimately gutted and lightened, quality paint job and no rice to be seen or heard.

No matter what people say in this thread, it'll always look like a 2 door auto trans prius to me. There's my .10 cents, the pictures in my previous post count for the 2.
Actually as much as I hate hybrids the CRZ isnt one to knock. And out of curiousity do you even understand how a Continuously Variable Transmission works? Its able to constantly keep the engine in the power much better than you could ever hope to shift, its not just some "sticker to make it faster" and you can even have preset ratios in the auto w/paddleshift, which would be the way to go over the stick option hate to say it. Oh as for fixing it, you ld be amazed how long honda is willing to step in and help its customers under warranty even when they are outside the limits. Heck one of our techs at work has one and it even put a modded cobalt SS to shame just by running stock in sport mode. Either way this is one car you have to drive to appreciate.
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

im2bad4ya wrote: Mr. Mazda92, those pics just don't do justice. It's kinda misleading.
Not really. If you look at the general shape of the car, it's just a revamped Insight (which, in time, is a bad Prius copy). Sure, the "subtleties" are different, but the general shape is there.

But that's not my real problem with it. Personally, while I don't like the Prius (and I despise the hybrid concept per se), I don't dislike its lines. Meanwhile, to me at least, that CR-Z is an eyesore. :shrug:
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

That's not the spoiler I would have chosen, but the car looks hot to me. I think that it's a good looking car.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I've seen a CRZ parked nose to nose with a Prius... The internet isn't my first encounter, I promise. They look similar enough that I had to take a closer look over it.

I'll concede the point about driving one, I can't judge the feel of performance that the car gives to the driver, without having first driven one. I'll tell you this though, MX-3s feel faster than they are. Anybody disagree with that? :lol:

I won't argue the CVT bit either, simply because I can't. No I do not understand how they work, nor do I desire to. That may sound ignorant, but truth be told I have absolutely zero interest. I don't like Auto transmissions, especially compared to the simplicity of a manual. It's a fun factor, whether or not you share the interest, is not my problem. Throw in even more complicated technology, and you've truly lost my interest. If I need to fix it, and have to pay a dealership to do it, I own the wrong car. Generous mechanic or not, the car will(I would hope) outlive the factory warranty.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
ethand

Post by ethand »

I personally love the CRZ, would buy it in a heartbeat if I had the money. I think its definitely a large step in the right direction if we're going to keep the whole idea of personal transport going. It's enjoyable to drive, rides well, is roomy enough, while having the sporting enjoyment few cars which can match it's eco-cred can match. I think it looks HOT in those pics, absolutely love it. Completely different to a Prius. Its like saying a Civic and a Mazda3 look the same - just because both were designed with similar intent in mind, the subtleties are enough to make one look very different to the other, and one look much nicer, IMO!!
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

For what it's worth the Hatchback Mazda3 reminds me of a Civic. That's why I would never drive one. Not a civic hate statement, but I want a car that stands out more than that. :freak:
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
im2bad4ya

Post by im2bad4ya »

Inodoro Pereyra wrote:Personally, while I don't like the Prius (and I despise the hybrid concept per se), I don't dislike its lines.
So let's take out the "hybrid" element out of the car for now, and let's say this car came stock with a Civic Si engine, would you still compare it to a Prius? Like I said, to me, the cars are not one in the same, styling wise. It apples and orange to me. The only thing it has in common with the Prius as far as I can tell is its drivetrain. For me, a better analogy of the MX3 VS CR-Z as far as styling is like comparing a Chrysler 300 to a Bentley Phantom, where you can see how maybe one got its styling cue from the other. And even tho the CR-Z is supposed to be engineered in the spirit of a CRX, I think styling wise it has more in common with the MX3.
ethand wrote:Its like saying a Civic and a Mazda3 look the same - just because both were designed with similar intent in mind, the subtleties are enough to make one look very different to the other
Completely agree. I could NEVER confuse one for the other. Same as with the CR-Z to a Prius. And even if that was the case, I don't think anybody buys a car because IT DOESN'T look like another car. Granted, that's why I love my MX3, BECAUSE it's different. But I also think the CR-Z is different :D I just don't see anyone at the dealer testing the car, ready to purchase, and watching TV in the waiting room as the paper work is being drawn up viewing a Ford commercial and then saying "I change my mind, I don't wanna buy this car, it looks too much like a Ford Focus" :freak:

-1992 MX-3 RS w/BP Swap Tropical Emerald Metallic "Lucky" 2005-2012 *REST IN PIECES*

-2003.5 MAZDASPEED Protege #882 Blazing Yellow Mica "Lemon Drop" 2012-2015 SOLD!

Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

im2bad4ya wrote: So let's take out the "hybrid" element out of the car for now, and let's say this car came stock with a Civic Si engine, would you still compare it to a Prius?
Let me put it this way: if the car came equipped with a BMW, 5.7L V10 engine, it'd still look like a Prius' bad copy.
im2bad4ya wrote: For me, a better analogy of the MX3 VS CR-Z as far as styling is like comparing a Chrysler 300 to a Bentley Phantom, where you can see how maybe one got its styling cue from the other. And even tho the CR-Z is supposed to be engineered in the spirit of a CRX, I think styling wise it has more in common with the MX3.
Now that worries me. What do you see the CR-Z has in common with the mx-3? 4 wheels and a windshield? :roll:
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
jamestakay

Post by jamestakay »

lol, how does the mugen get 35mpg? My buddy gets only 27-29 in his 2008 civic si. He gets the same gas mileage as my mx6 ls, once vtec opens, so does the gas mileage. But yes, the civic is just like driving a mx6 ls or probe gt, I've driven my buddies, they lack the torque but have more hp so it's relatively the same just at low rpms you won't get much from the honda but you will lots of pull from the kldes. The crz does have a better looking front than the other hondas, just my 2 cents. I'd pick a 2009 speed3 over any of these hondas. Not a honda hater, just want to buy something for less and get more out of it that's all. Plus gotta love zoom zoom. :lol:
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Saw the Mugen version of the CR-Z last night at the Portland Auto Show... Love it. I don't care if it looks kind of like a Prius... It looks really sporty in person - like a mini rocket ship lol :love:

The only thing I don't care for are the Mugen wheels, I would prefer the wheels on the orange one in this thread.
im2bad4ya

Post by im2bad4ya »

Inodoro Pereyra wrote:What do you see the CR-Z has in common with the mx-3? 4 wheels and a windshield?
I see what you did there! :lol: Come to think of it, I never even actually accounted for the number of wheels, but you're right, that's another thing in common!

You know what else is common to an MX3?? A Cessna 172......let's see, 4 seats, 2 doors, 1 engine, glass, metal, rubber......

I hope to get to see the Mugen model and many more cars at the NY International Auto Show in April :mrgreen:

Return to “Off-Topic”