Dragon1212 -94 MX-3 Precidia GS From the depth o abandonment

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Mi|<E

Re: Dragon1212 -94 MX-3 Precidia GS NEW Alternator gone agai

Post by Mi|<E »

Take both alternator and your battery to a parts source and have them load tested.
Dragon1212
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Dragon1212 »

Mi|<E wrote:Take both alternator and your battery to a parts source and have them load tested.
going to seeing as the new one has died now
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
First Car, And My baby... $550 To buy and repair from Write-off... The radio and amp that was in it was worth more than that!!!.
Hunting For a Supra MKIV, but I'll never get one. Still Hunting.
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Hey you should take your alternator do to low cost auto electric to see it they can up the out put of your alternator!! They told me it would be like $150 to turn mine to a 90amp
93 White RS- BPT Built not bought!!
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78988
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

Tavman_1213 wrote:Hey you should take your alternator do to low cost auto electric to see it they can up the out put of your alternator!! They told me it would be like $150 to turn mine to a 90amp
I think I could install a fared capacitor and solve the issue. I believe my amp is killing it Gonna ask alternator and Starter when I get the thing to up the output probably.
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
First Car, And My baby... $550 To buy and repair from Write-off... The radio and amp that was in it was worth more than that!!!.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Capacitor may or may not solve the issue, but batteries and alternators naturally don't like hard and fast current draws, do it depends on what you have for a system. Would suggest seriously looking into a bigger alternator, either getting one rewound or picking up a Millenia 110 amp one.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Capacitor may or may not solve the issue, but batteries and alternators naturally don't like hard and fast current draws, do it depends on what you have for a system. Would suggest seriously looking into a bigger alternator, either getting one rewound or picking up a Millenia 110 amp one.

They increased the diodes in mine from 8 to 16 i now have a 120 amp alternator. parts cost only,
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Diodes should not affect the amout of power output of the alternator unless the regulator is holding it back, unless the diodes are the weak link and what's causing the failure of your alternators, but that's not a known common issue. The winding are that create your power.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Diodes should not affect the amout of power output of the alternator unless the regulator is holding it back, unless the diodes are the weak link and what's causing the failure of your alternators, but that's not a known common issue. The winding are that create your power.
needed the diodes to run the additional parts in the alt.

YAY!!

I NOW HAVE TIRES!!!
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
Dragon1212

Re: Dragon1212 -94 MX-3 Precidia GS NEW Tires

Post by Dragon1212 »

Well Guys I have Since Sound Proofed My entire Interior of my Car with PACKING FOAM!!!! Good old foam, IT actually works suprisingly well Especially Since Its essentially just Laid Under the panels, Though the Whole Trunk area got about 3 Levels of it, And Its Really Nice. I spent the Weekend Getting a Certain Beat up Mx-3 and drove it Back from sask, Surprisingly on one Tank of Gas and a little, (gauge is still at full). And needless to say I got Back, Got in my baby, and Fell in love all over again, because the comparison wasn't even close, LOUD a-- 2.5 inch exhaust.. Well I would post if imageshack were working properly in the forgot password box.....

SO heres the cars Current Worklog, and I will soon start another For my Projects on it.
MX-3 #2

It Needs And I Use this Lightly HEAVY WORK TO THE ENTIRE CAR! Except! the Drivetrain Cole did a beautiful Job on that and it Ran Without a Hitch all the way home and was Smooth, the CLutch needs some adjustment as the grab area is literally half an inch from the end of the pedal and the Starter connections spark when it Starts causing the selinoid to overheat so I will be fighting with that probably Friday, and the Speedometer Cables/sensor/gauge/etc/Who the F*** knows needs looking at.

This Mx-3 is my first foray into the KL-ZE world, and i have to say i am impressed with it so far, fuel economy isnt bad at all and the power is astonishing, Once I get this Baby Running even Smoother and Be awesome to drive Daily, I will see about beating this cars Power in my 2 Stroke Mx-3 (Pun Intended)(2 gas fills = 1-1.5 quarts of oil)
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

What kind of work does it need? I wasn't too familiar with Coles car but it was damaged extensively right?
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

RobMinhas wrote:What kind of work does it need? I wasn't too familiar with Coles car but it was damaged extensively right?
Nah the Crash Damage Was Nothing, Basically it just Destroyed the Mount area for the headlight, But the car is pretty beat everywhere else, The Interior panels Don't Line up, gauge cluster rattles, shifter dropped through floor, the center console panels are broken the shift boot is split up the Middle. Basically, everything I did to my car needs to be done here, and my car needs everything coles had. Has numerous dents. It looks like there was a event of being Thrown against the car as on the b pillar there is a dent from a shoulder blade, and the one on the Quarter would have been an elbow. there's a hit above the Gas cap, from some sort of tool. Most the stuff is cosmetic thats Why I bought it, It needs some love from a Autobody Family. An i have ADHD, vibrating things Piss me off! I will go over it All in a New Worklog.
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Welcome back, haven't seen updates for a while and was worried you threw in the towel!

Once again, good to see you back, and with another MX-3!! I've got 3 in the driveway myself ;)
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

MrMazda92 wrote:Welcome back, haven't seen updates for a while and was worried you threw in the towel!

Once again, good to see you back, and with another MX-3!! I've got 3 in the driveway myself ;)
Yea my babys still running, Dutifully Delivering me to Marks Work Wearhouse everyday...

You Have another Mx-3 O.O!!!
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Good, I'm glad to see and hear that!!

Haha yeah, it's a shared project for now, my best friend will be taking it over once it's on the road again.
I also got my '93 w/ KLZE running again, and have been driving it a lot lately. :)

Check out my worklog, if you've been gone for a while! I finally bothered to do some real updates, I even surprised people with some pictures for once :lol:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Dragon1212

Dragon1212 -94 MX-3 Precidia GS From the depth of abandonmen

Post by Dragon1212 »

IT"S BACKKKKK............................... From the Depth of the third Mx-3.com worklog pages, FROM THE OIL BURNING DEPTHS OF MONEY PIT HELL!

WITH BRAND NEW 2.5 TU--- **tape scratch noise**

Well not yet. But the new 2.5 got a water pump and Timing belt this weekend, Next up is the clutch (*Here already*) Fidanza 9LB flywheel. New thrust bearings, a full cleaning, and possibly paint, though my time line is running pretty short, the mx-6 tranny should be back on by then and with the help of some Calgarians, some good tunes, and of course alcohol, the Blue ONE SHALL NO LONGER ROT Watching me cheat on it with some black thing! (Seriously blue one the clutch and flywheel alone cost almost as much as the computer sitting on my desk which is no laughing matter either. (6 monitor crossfire'd, 8 core beast) I still love you just wait.) Stay Tuned it will Be coming!
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”