[EBAY} 92-93 MX3 cup holder!!!!

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
Tavman_1213
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

[EBAY} 92-93 MX3 cup holder!!!!

Post by Tavman_1213 »

So I was searching on the UK eBay for sh*ts and came across this!!!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mazda-MX5-MX3 ... 35b0686f50
So what it looks like is a pull out cup holder that fits in the extra space in the double din slot.
I will be ordering one so I will let you know how it goes. The conversion for shipping should be about $33 bucks
93 White RS- BPT Built not bought!!
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78988
RS_OBD'oh_2

Re: 92-93 MX3 cup holder!!!!

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

I would call it a universal cup holder.. not an mx3 one. But should work just the same.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

there is an OEM holder like that but i think it's a coin holder or something, i'm sure mooneggs can give insight on that
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

That's not OEM Mazda. It looks cool though, buy one and tell me how sturdy it is! :2thumbsup:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

OEM or not I don't care, I've been looking every where trying to figure out how to do a cup holder in my 92. I'm a coffee guy in the am and without it I'm like a ghost.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
DeepBlueMX3

Post by DeepBlueMX3 »

-Really a great universal item, I have the OEM version in my car. :D
-The only trouble is to use it with a double din head unit... :(
MX-3 B6ZE Noble Green

My Worklog
diezzel

Re: [EBAY} 92-93 MX3 cup holder!!!!

Post by diezzel »

I have that one in my car . It works really good . Fits great . Could not find a factory one anyplace .
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Daninski wrote:OEM or not I don't care, I've been looking every where trying to figure out how to do a cup holder in my 92. I'm a coffee guy in the am and without it I'm like a ghost.
Do the Dew Dan, Do the DEW!

I drink diet Mountain Dew to stay sharp when I'm drowsy, and honestly having a spillproof caffeine option is amazing. I keep 3+ 2 liter bottles at home, and 2-3 1 liter bottles in each car. Water bottles are a must though, as the stuff dehydrates you badly.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

MrMazda92 wrote:I drink diet Mountain Dew to stay sharp when I'm drowsy, and honestly having a spillproof caffeine option is amazing. I keep 3+ 2 liter bottles at home, and 2-3 1 liter bottles in each car. Water bottles are a must though, as the stuff dehydrates you badly.
thanks for sharing... anyone else want to share? :lol: :freak:

I thought about getting one of these a few years back but after having a similar version in my 94 GS, I realized the functionality was pretty limited because they only hold 12 oz. cans or very small cups and as DeepBlue pointed out it can interfere with the headunit :? I don't really do anything else in the car other than drive when driving (as ironic as that sounds)... On the rare occasion if I do have a drink it's usually something with a scrrew on lid and I'll throw it in the passenger seat or passenger floorboard :shrug:

But as Dan pointed out, this really is the only feasible option if you want any kind of drink in the car as the middle cup holder is useless (no place for your armrest after that).
fillpereira

Post by fillpereira »

My brother used these cup holders that clip on to your air vents on his '93

I have a '96 so i cant tell you how well they work but he used them for years. Theyre only $5.99 at Canadian Tire so maybe worth a try
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

fillpereira wrote:My brother used these cup holders that clip on to your air vents on his '93

I have a '96 so i cant tell you how well they work but he used them for years. Theyre only $5.99 at Canadian Tire so maybe worth a try
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH. :crying: Never, not the crappy tire vent cuppy holders. That's worst then that big honkin aluminum spoiler people still put on the truck of their 4 door cars (just saw one last night). No, the Ebay one looks some what factory but the others,,,I'd rather go through caffeine withdrawal then use them.
Last edited by Daninski on January 18th, 2012, 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
fillpereira

Post by fillpereira »

Daninski wrote:
fillpereira wrote:My brother used these cup holders that clip on to your air vents on his '93

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH. :crying: Never, not the crappy tire vent cuppy holders. That's worst then that big honkin aluminum spoiler people still put on the truck or their 4 door cars (just saw one last night). No, the Ebay one looks some what factory but the others,,,I'd rather go through caffeine withdrawal then use them.
Lol, ok then scratch that idea :P
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

lol its a cup holder. id take function over form any day (to an extent)
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Mooneggs wrote:thanks for sharing... anyone else want to share? :lol: :freak:

I thought about getting one of these a few years back but after having a similar version in my 94 GS, I realized the functionality was pretty limited because they only hold 12 oz. cans or very small cups and as DeepBlue pointed out it can interfere with the headunit :? I don't really do anything else in the car other than drive when driving (as ironic as that sounds)... On the rare occasion if I do have a drink it's usually something with a scrrew on lid and I'll throw it in the passenger seat or passenger floorboard :shrug:
Hey now, caffeine is my drug of choice! :wink:
I know a better beverage holder than the passenger seat too, since my drinks rarely stay put if they sit there. :lol: A small water bottle(or soda, if you're half the winner that Charlie Sheen is) fits very snugly between the seatbelt and center console if you have auto belts. :D I've yet to find a more convenient place, that actually holds the drink!
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
Sisko182

Post by Sisko182 »

Cup holders that come out like that anywhere around the CD deck and temp controls may as well not even be there if you are driving a manual. Completely useless - you can't even shift without mashing in the drink (can, cup, etc).
$i$Ko

Ride:
1992 Midnight Purple MX-3
Worklog:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75646

Feedback
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=76781

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”