Shipping MX-3 across the US.

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Dark_Rider2k3

Shipping MX-3 across the US.

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

Okay so I'm trying to buy MrMazda's ZE he has. The problem I'm having is how expensive it is to ship. The best quote was almost 1k to ship.

Anyone have any places they can recommend to ship? Or is this the best I'm going to get? It's shipping from Oregon to PA.

Also I had thought about driving it back but at the moment I think that's a bit too much. I'd have to take a few days off and fly over there and yeah... it's a lot easier on me to just ship it..
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Shipping MX-3 across the US.

Post by mitmaks »

Driving it back is cheapest feasible option. Unless you find a trucker who will be coming your way and has a spot for a car, he could probably do it for a few hundred.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Trucker's a good idea...

I'm still bummed I have to sell it, but I have no choice in the matter at this point. :(
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I'd be willing to drive you down to Eugene from the Portland airport if you want.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Flying probably won't be cheap during the holiday season, how many miles would the trip be roughly?
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

MrMazda92 wrote:Flying probably won't be cheap during the holiday season, how many miles would the trip be roughly?

I decided to help you out once again. Please don't yell at me this time.

As per 30 seconds on Google maps:

I-80 w is 2580 miles 1 day 19 hours travel
I-94 w and I-90 w 2710 1 day 20 hours
:mrgreen:
Mi|<E

Post by Mi|<E »

Having done a 5000 mile trip to pick up a car I'll give you some advice:

pay the shipping.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I would totally do it, if it was economically feasible. In fact I hope to be doing it in the next year and a half or so. I need me a rust free AZ car.

then again $1K to ship a car that far is really cheap. Probably cheaper than flight+fuel+time off work.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

Not to mention the probability of a breakdown in a car your not 100% familiar with and when your without tools.
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Lots of good advice in this thread... I agree that shipping is probably the best option. Having just done a roadtrip and even having my tools with me to fix a broken timing belt still really sucked.
Letters11

Post by Letters11 »

I forget the name of the company which its through but trucks that have open spots put the spots up for bid. They are fairly cheap. My uncle bought landscape equipment and used this method to ship. He had 2 or 3 tractors and it only cost him around $400 to ship from florida to nj. I guess youd have to find one that is along the route but ill see if I can track down the name.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

For what it's worth, I'm agreed on shipping it. These guys are dead on about costs, you also need to take into account it would be 4 months worth of tires, general wear/tear, and overall use of the car. You'd need to change the oil immediately before, and after the trip! :P
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Cheapest i have seen cross country was 600 bucks but that was a few years ago. I think 1K is probably pretty reasonable.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”