Im wired! But ni spark :(

A section dedicated to Engine Mangement Systems & Engine Tuning. Megasquirt, SMS, Haltek, ect.
hgallegos915

Im wired! But ni spark :(

Post by hgallegos915 »

So I double checked all the cables. I had the disty ignition wire wired up to the ecu AND megasquirt at the same time. I hope I didnt fry anything. I clipped it as per instructions and connect to megasquirt in the right wire. Double verified all the wires and NO spark :(.

I have voltage to the HEI and I have voltage reading in the distributor ignition wire. I have fuel. Megatune reads spark on/ fuel pump on. I checked fuses on driver side and they are good. Checked fuses and relays on engine bay and its all good. I dont know what else I am missing. It would start right up before the wiring. Megasquirt has a red light and I can ee values move around in megatune. I can also see rpm while cranking. I can tps, temperature a/f .

Any tips will be greatly appreciated.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
marcdh

Re: Im wired! But ni spark :(

Post by marcdh »

Did you try having MS run fuel only?

I'd recommend running MS with inputs only first, to make sure you're getting the RPM, CLT, IAT etc before committing. Though that doesn't help you much.

Upload your msq and datalogs of attempted starts.

So are you actually getting signal to spark from MS to the disty?
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

New development... when I connect the injectors I get no spark.. and yes spark when they are not connected. So I removed megasquirt and connect the ecu.. no spark.. then I changed ecu, changed coil, and got spark but no start. My goal for now is to start the car without megasquirt. I dont understand what would cause spark to not be present.

Also the instructions clearly say that I need to cut the wire for the disty signal and put it into megasquirt but I get no spark unless its connected to ecu. ugh.. next weekend ill do more testing I know the car is way beyond flooded so ill wait a few days. There was fuel coming out of the turbo flange..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Does it run with standard ECU?

Than biep with a multimeter all the wiring. Check if you have solid connections to the Megasquirt unit.

Remember to cut the right wires (injectors and distributor ignition output.)
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Any luck Hector?

I'd consider trying megasquirt again if you're going no where with the standard setup. MS is easier to troubleshoot IMO.

My list would be this:
-reinstall MS
-triple check wiring
-disconnect injectors or fuel pump
-ensure you have RPM signal, take a log, make sure it's a sensible figure IIRC 200rpm or so, check PT

if you have RPM and still no spark:
check 12volt on the thick wire at the disty, blue is it?
check the signal is coming out of ms
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog

Return to “Engine Electronics/Tuning”