Oh noooooo

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Travis83

Oh noooooo

Post by Travis83 »

I just wrecked my MX-3. I'm in Houston and there was a huge storm tonight. I was on the freeway going 35, and hydroplaned. I did my best to steer out of it, but it was unavoidable and I hit the center concrete barrier, bounced off of it, and then someone rear ended me. I haven't gotten a chance to look closely at it yet, but hopefully I will be able to fix it. "Live like there is no tomorrow" (The Offspring) because you never know, there might not be. :( :( :( :(
****F.U.B.A.R. SINCE 03/30/02****<P>Blaze Red w/white racing stripes<BR>FX Designs Body Kit<BR>52" Aerospeed Aluminum Spoiler<BR>18X7.5 Konig Imagine Wheels<BR>Red underbody kit<BR>Blacklights inside
OsoSlo z28

Re: Oh noooooo

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

sorry to hear that bro. glad you're ok. hopefully your car is too.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
Travis83

Post by Travis83 »

Good news! I just took off what was left of the front bumper cover, the front bumper, and headlights. The car still runs good. No leaks or anything. The only thing that really concerns me is that the drivers side fender is pushed toward the back of the car about half an inch. I'm not sure how easy that will be to fix. The rear of the car will be pretty easy to fix except for the passengers side rear fender which is totally ruined. All in all I think I was pretty lucky for having hit a concrete barrier and then being rear-ended. Luckily I have an extra body kit which I was going to sell, but now I'll just put it on the car and get everything straightened out and repainted and then it should be fine!!!! Until then I have to drive this shitty a-- 91' Chevy truck. Ohhh man it sucks.
****F.U.B.A.R. SINCE 03/30/02****<P>Blaze Red w/white racing stripes<BR>FX Designs Body Kit<BR>52" Aerospeed Aluminum Spoiler<BR>18X7.5 Konig Imagine Wheels<BR>Red underbody kit<BR>Blacklights inside
Q187

Post by Q187 »

Glad you're both ok. ;)
Travis83

Post by Travis83 »

Welllllll this sucks. I took my car in for an estimate and they're going to total it. So, its been fun guys, but I think I'm switching to Honda. Maybe I'll get a Prelude. Thanks for all of your help. See ya later. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Edwood

Post by Edwood »

Sorry to hear of your loss. It's always sad to hear of the 'lil car's demise.<P>Post some pics to gallery here.<P>My little MX-3 has saved my a-- more times than I can count in bad weather driving. My MX-3's curb weitht of ~3,295 probably has alot to do with that. Man, this car can really handle snow! <P>I've also slid the car sideways at 60 MPH (not on purpose :D)on dry pavement in a really bad fork in a rural hwy. Didn't flip the car or anything. No damage or alignment troubles from it either. This little car has a nice low center of gravity.<P>It's a '93 1.6L, and I'll keep driving it til it's last days.<P>-Ed
"Tell me what you eat, and I'll tell you what you are."<BR>-Brillat Savarin

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”