BP swap complete, having problems with fuel injectors

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
im2bad4ya

BP swap complete, having problems with fuel injectors

Post by im2bad4ya »

just some background.......i started the swap with my buddies, removed old engine but couldnt fit new one in (we left the tranny in the car) because the clutch wasnt lining up with the tranny and we didnt have the alignment tool. i left the new and old engine in my dads pickup but it wouldnt be until another 2 weeks before i could have another crack at the motor install. couldnt keep these two engines in his pickup as its his daily driver. so we took everything to a mechanic so they could finish the job.........

so the mechanic got the motor in and running. but he says the car doesnt stay on because there isnt enough pressure coming from the fuel lines going into the fuel injectors. he figured since the bp is a more powerful motor id need a 'bp fuel pump'......only its the same as the b6, and i didnt have this problem before the swap. so i went ahead and ordered a new fuel pump anyway (couldnt hurt).

anyone else have this problem with their bp swap? i really hope it is the fuel pump and that it solves the problem. otherwise, what else could it be???

-1992 MX-3 RS w/BP Swap Tropical Emerald Metallic "Lucky" 2005-2012 *REST IN PIECES*
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78176

-2003.5 MAZDASPEED Protege #882 Blazing Yellow Mica "Lemon Drop" 2012-2015 SOLD!

-2003 MAZDASPEED Protege #1186 Spicy Orange "Debbie" 2014-2015 SOLD!

-1980 Toyota Corolla Green 2014-present

-2002 Lexus IS 300 Solar Yellow 2015-present
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: BP swap complete, having problems with fuel injectors

Post by Ryan »

he probably reversed the fuel lines or some sillyness.

from fuel filter to rail, rail to FPR, FPR to return.

So the fuel filter line does NOT conenct to the FPR.

He's just stumped or trying to screw you. The fuel pump is exactly the same. Plus that doesn't even make sense.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”