XePhorce's 1994 MX-3 RS project car

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
xephorce

Re: XePhorce's 1994 MX-3 RS project car

Post by xephorce »

f series with the same bolt pattern on the bell housing as mine. wow so the f series is simular to the b? thanks wonder why mazda thought it was a b series?
xephorce

Post by xephorce »

tell me what you think of the information on this website. is this good information? if so i hope it can help others as well.

http://www.clubprotege.com/wil/tech/b-s ... wapfaq.htm
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

It looks like helpful/useful information to me. The tips on picking a good engine are sound, although there are things to be added to the list for sure. I'm not a 4 cylinder guy, but that does appear to be solid information.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
xephorce

Post by xephorce »

Thanks i just wanted it checked by others i just hope it can help someone.
xephorce

Post by xephorce »

wake up old post... ok took me a year but i think i am about to do the atx to mtx swap... trying to find parts over the next month or 2... just for a review of what i need to get the car running right as a mtx i need these parts.

Clutch master cylinder
Clutch slave cylinder
Clutch
Clutch hydraulic hard lines and hose
Driver's side MTX halfshaft
Shift Linkage and rod
Shifter
Clutch/Brake pedal assembly
MTX Transmission mount 3 of them total
Brake master cylinder reservoir from mtx or (can i just add a hole with a place for the hose to go?).....

reverse switch
neutral switch

MTX itself. question any MTX from B6 mazda engine will work in my MX-3 as long as the axles have matching spline counts?

on a side note what should i upgrade on this mtx to improve durability. not talking about spending $500 on a clutch but more like what cost effective. i was thinking flywheel maybe a clutch thats not oem. basically asking all you mtx owners whats the things common to the mtx that i should invest my money and time in to keep me from having to work on it for a long time lol...
remember i have had horrible experience with the atx... lol

thank you all for ne help you can offer

hope i can get this done for under $800 for all parts

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”