[WTB] Beater mx3 for chump car world series

Looking for an Item you'd like to buy? Post here.
This section is NOT for selling.
lowflyinmx3

[WTB] Beater mx3 for chump car world series

Post by lowflyinmx3 »

I know I'll probably get flamed for this pretty bad but me and my buddy are building a car for the chump car series to race next year. That being said, we do not want a pristine example as this car may not make it out alive. What I'm looking for is a mx3 thats on its last leg and ready to go out in a blaze of glory. 5 speed is a must and we would love a gs. Search area is ohio, kentucky, and indiana. Thanks for your help guys. The price limit is 500- 700. Can need work. Rust is ok, it'll just make it lighter haha.
Mazda.... What happens in the parking lot, stays in the parking lot
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: [WTB] Beater mx3 for chump car world series

Post by Sleeper6 »

Interested in coming to NY? If you dont mind shopping for a trans I have a v6 that would need transportation, rather see it used then sent to a JY with no glory.
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Damn... well at least you picked a car that could survive it... maybe. Watch you pick up a rust bucket shell and it not only survives but wins :lol: You'll be restoring her top to bottom and selling your kidneys to do it :lol:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

No matter what you do, give her a proper sendoff... please. 2 of the 4 MX-3s I've ever seen in Eugene JYs were crushed recently :( They still wouldn't sell parts for good prices... They wanted $100 for a GS spoiler that was due to be crushed same day. Jerks... The cars are disappearing from the world, and it's all too depressing.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I don't think you'll get flamed at all... I'd rather see an mx-3 go out this way (with glory) then to just get crushed/end up in a junkyard! Sounds like a fun project - good luck!
lowflyinmx3

Post by lowflyinmx3 »

She'll be treated right and a lot of the parts will be sold because we won't need them. Interior bits, rear hatch, etc. I don't plan on winning my first time out but I do want to place in the top five. Then the second time around I'll be able to put a better strategy together, and move up. I actually read an article in grassroots motorsports that a 94 mx3 won a 24 hours of lemons race last year. Anyways any help will be appreciated, and once we find a car, we'll be looking for mechanical parts for spare backups so keep us in mind. Also, we possibly need 2 more people for the pit crew so if your interested........... There will be beer, woman, barbeque and beer.
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

Heres whats left of her if it peaks your interest.

92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Is she even rusty? :shock: That car screams rebuild to me, but I can't see everything...
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

I thought about it many a time, I even drove her to her resting place from about 30miles out. Shes got some rust from sitting but Ive already salvaged her once from the left front quarter being smashed in, if it was to be fixed properly she'ld need the roof straightened out and the rear rh quarter pulled back a bit from being socked into a telephone pole.

I just happened to find my current car sitting on an auction lot in florida so I let her be with hopes of turning it into a track car just lacking the funds and time to do it myself.
93 GS red (wrecked)
AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

That rear bumper lives on----on my car :D
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
lowflyinmx3

Post by lowflyinmx3 »

I'll probably have to pass on that one. By the time I get all the parts on out and straighten the frame out I would have more than I want to put in it. If you were closer I would buy it for parts. thanks tho
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

It looks like that car's still mostly complete though... would you consider parting her out? If so, there are a few things I am interested in.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
Lateralus

Post by Lateralus »

Well i have mine for sale if your interested in using it. I would rather see it go out like this instead of a junkyard once someone takes the good parts :/

I would sell it to you for about $600 or so if you want it.

http://altoona.craigslist.org/cto/2567996868.html
92' mx-3 GS
lowflyinmx3

Post by lowflyinmx3 »

Wish you were a little closer, I think thats about a 13 hour round trip. Thanks tho.
lowflyinmx3

Post by lowflyinmx3 »

Hey guys. There is a 94 rs on the ohio akron/canton craigslist (can't post a link, on my phone) and its a 3 hour drive for me so I was wondering if anyone here could go look at it for me. Its a rusty white one for 500? Anyone able to help?

Return to “MX-3 Related Want to Buy Forum”