My beloved Hankook K106s

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Re: My beloved Hankook K106s

Post by SuperK »

i ran some hankooks and I didn't like them as much as my kumho ecsta's. They're my favorite so far, and they are not bad priced either.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Guuuuuyyyysssss!

Thank you everyone for the continued input, please try to keep it positive alright??

We could make a sticky on popular tires... Throw in a poll with the top 5 favorites, and we might have ourselves a real winning thread :lol:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

SuperK wrote:i ran some hankooks and I didn't like them as much as my kumho ecsta's. They're my favorite so far, and they are not bad priced either.
That's what I've been leaning hardest towards, they seem to run fairly cheap. Any reason not to buy online? Mounting and all the crap that goes with it will cost me ~$35 around town, so I see no reason to pay $120 for a tire from a local shop...
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

I am a fan of buying online, especially with all the taxes that you save. Just take it toyour favorite shop to mount, and you're done. They have a great ride quality and are sticky. of course they're no michelins, but the price you cannot eat. They have a good tread life too. Gave me great times on the drag strip on my ze too.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

the falken ziex tires are good and cheap however they have NO tread life. I bought a new set of these, and used for DD on a B6... the tread life was pathetic. They lasted for half of the warranteed life, then the y only prorated like 25% of it, not even worth it. If you buy a tire I don't recommend going by the rated tread life, but what users report treadlife to be. they're a lot more accurate representation of the given performance
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

SuperK wrote:I am a fan of buying online, especially with all the taxes that you save. Just take it toyour favorite shop to mount, and you're done. They have a great ride quality and are sticky. of course they're no michelins, but the price you cannot eat. They have a good tread life too. Gave me great times on the drag strip on my ze too.
As am I, although we have no sales tax here :lol: I just like the greater selection. There's something about "okay we have 4 brands in stock, pick your poison" that doesn't do it for me. :lol: If there are 200 types, why should I be limited to 4?

Thanks for the info, this pretty much settles it. I'll be buying 2 around the end of the month!
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

I got Falkens last year..drove out west with them and back...the tread on the tires got out of sinc and I had 2 or 3 alignments. They suck! I really like the Hankooks..always have....too each their own tho.

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

I should also state that I had Toyo proxes fz4's on my stock rims and they wore quite well and looked nice, I would recommend those as well. Were wicked in the rain too
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I've heard good things about those Toyos as well, I am going to give the Kumhos a shot this time around. :) I love/d my Hankooks, I only ever had one instance where traction was a problem, and it was driver error that put me there. First rains on oily roads, I even dropped down to ~10 mph for the banked curve and still went off. The sad thing is I intentionally slowed down, thinking about the oily roads...
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

I have always heard great things about the Kumo's, especially from MX-3'rs but never owned a set myself.

Toyo Proxy 4 are bomb. I have ran them on 2 separate vehicles for 7+ years and do well in the wet and dry.

I had Federals on my MX for a bit and they did well, But i really liked the Yokohamma AVS ES 100's they were amazing.

My favorite tire to date though is the Proxy R888. little pricy and not so good in the wet. but my 8 loves them. I am on the second set in the rear.
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

Toyo proxes are very popular over here, ive used them on the 205 and the MX now, very predictable tyre at a good price, great in the dry, good in the wet.
Another from personal experience I liked were the Uni-royal rainsports
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

SuperK wrote:i ran some hankooks and I didn't like them as much as my kumho ecsta's. They're my favorite so far, and they are not bad priced either.
I didn't really like the Ecsta 712's that I had, found them too hard, but I kept them in the back which worked as a mean combination with the MX's up front.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
PilotSmack89

Post by PilotSmack89 »

I got a set of Nokian eNtyres for my 92 RS, and I LOVE them! Excellent handling, wet and dry, low rolling resistance (used to get about 35MPG on the highway, now I get about 40MPG on the same stretch, doing the same speed), accelerate quicker, and they're made of some new type of rubber, so they're hippy friendly.

Just my 2 cents.

(Actually, it's more like 1 cent when you correct for inflation :lol: )
-Blaze Red 92 MX-3 RS w/ Brembo rotors, Infinity Kappas 62.9i

"MA! THE MEATLOAF!!"
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

never heard of them. must be some type of tire they sell in canadia. Ca-na-di-a
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

SuperK wrote:never heard of them. must be some type of tire they sell in canadia. Ca-na-di-a
http://www.nokiantires.com/contact-information
Vermont.

You mean Precidia? Pre-ci-di-a?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”