Egr Delete plate

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
eunosklde
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Egr Delete plate

Post by eunosklde »

Hey crew,I Got a 92 mazda mx3,2002 longneck Klde running a KL31 ecu,Can't seem to get my vris in check.The thing is i was thinking of installing a EGR DELETE plate from ebay.Will it work on my setup and is it worth it and is there much hp gain.Thanx for any info :)
cWs306

Re: Egr Delete plate

Post by cWs306 »

hmm, there's an EGR on a KLDE? hmm must just be the ZE that doesnt have one. but yes, egr's usually kill some power. best way to fill the hole from it is to get a plug that u can screw into the block. like a Allen key type plug. and it would only cost like 2 bucks. and less waiting. but you gotta tap your block. thats not always fun. but then u take the coolant line coming from the head that goes to the EGR and run it straight to the Throttle body from the head.
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

The EGR plate should be oval in shape and have two bolts, on opposite ends. Then, yes, you are going to have to run the collant line straight to the TB. You will also have to plug up the sopt where the EGR goes into the exhaust. The block-off plate does not need to be a allen type screw and there does not need to be any tapping of the block. The stock ZE uses a blok-off plate straight from Mazda and is described as above ;)
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

eunosklde wrote:Hey crew,I Got a 92 mazda mx3,2002 longneck Klde running a KL31 ecu,Can't seem to get my vris in check.The thing is i was thinking of installing a EGR DELETE plate from ebay.Will it work on my setup and is it worth it and is there much hp gain.Thanx for any info :)
Not sure here but how does one relate to the other and do you want help with your VRIS? Let us know what RPM your VRIS is actuating at now.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

PATDIESEL wrote:The EGR plate should be oval in shape and have two bolts, on opposite ends. Then, yes, you are going to have to run the collant line straight to the TB. You will also have to plug up the sopt where the EGR goes into the exhaust. The block-off plate does not need to be a allen type screw and there does not need to be any tapping of the block. The stock ZE uses a blok-off plate straight from Mazda and is described as above ;)

sorry to thread jack. does the klze have a egr block off plate? i was under the impression there was no hole in the block and that it would have to be drilled out to fit an egr valve?
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

There is no blocking plate on a KLZE. its completely skipped over. your right. you would have to drill it out. but why would anyone want a EGR? they really got no tremendous purpose..
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

EGR helps emissions, overall engine health, combustion temps, fuel mileage....

Its just a fad to delete it. Aside from the valve always going, its a good system to keep. It closes under WOT, so it doesn't hurt your performance, regardless of what anyone says... go read the F2 section in the manual.

I removed it simply for bay cleanliness.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

Seriously? it does all that? oh my ahaha. but yah i think it looks better without that extra hunk of metal/hoses there. and specially if you got a CAI..
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

I'm deleting it for bay cleanliness and so I don't have to clean my IM out like this again. That alone justifies any "losses" elsewhere.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”