Dragon1212 -94 MX-3 Precidia GS From the depth o abandonment

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Dragon1212
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Dragon1212 -94 MX-3 Precidia GS NEW sun visor monitor vi

Post by Dragon1212 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Don't have to make it look like the headboard, make it look like the bracket that it clips onto

1) take the bracket, trace the base onto a piece of wood that's the thickness you need
2) cut it out
3) drill holes to allow the screws to pass through
4) wrap the ouside of the wood with electrical tape to hide the wood and since the bracket is black, it'll match
and done....

Too much white is that you're contrast is up too much. Turn down the contrast, turn up the brightness (or was it the other way around)

Most optical disk players need to be straight, but not level. So can be standing up, on it's side, but can't be angled. The only ones that are good any direction are laptop drives.
What could maybe help is instead of making a wood spacer, make spacers out of rubber, and put them on the other side too, and should help dampen vibrations that would cause skipping when the unit is angled.

The interference you see from using the Xbox/PS2 is actually caused by running them from the "unclean' power of using a simulated signwave inverter. Can't get rid of that unless you go with a DC-DC power supply or get a true signwave inverter. Part reason why the internal DVD doesn't display this.

I would HIGHLY recommen getting a new and a good battery. Should be able to get over an hour of playtime off battery alone. CarPC with the system and a 400w inverter got me 2 hours on a healthy battery.

I had one of those Canadian Tire inverters, was an 800w (ran the 15" LCD plus the PS2 and extra power just in case for extra work, like worklights and soldering irons) It was always a pain to go into the trunk to turn it on so I jumpered 2 wires to the conections of the switch inside the inverter and ran a momentary switch up front. Just had to remember how many seconds to hold it.
What i meant with the headboard thing is i want the spacer to cover the edge of the cloth on the headboard.. covering it with electrical tape, you've never seen my touchscreen monitor and its tapedness...

Lol it already has a momentary and agreed that is a crappy place to go get it. i'd just need to relocate the switch. The 400 Watt ran my PS3 and the RCA trufalt tv (the one that i had the ps2 on in a picture) Just fine it had one line of interference, OH! and the small dvd player i had in the trunk with the ps3 on it (picture reference) worked just fine. but when i run it on those it just has a constant interference and makes it unwatchable, On the video I meant to say amperage when i was starting my car when starting the xbox and my inverter killed it, the new consoles draw somethin aweful for amps on first startup.

My battery's probably fine but i need to clean my grounds, 94' Car + Untouched Grounds + old batt (yes still a suspect) = Crappy a-- power!!

The sad part of the DVD issue is the mounting system in these is identical to a laptop, however the laser they used is just a typical dvd player POS... But they work just fine with my original tires my flat spotted one kinda screwed everything up, including but not limited to my back...

It has no settings for av Input which is a common problem of using a DVD player as a moniter, the settings it does have only work for the internal DVD and the USB & Card Reader. (I shall look again though) and i believe you have it the right order, Contrast is the Intensity of things, and brightness is the scale to which the colour levels are amplified? (no idea how to say this other than that)

Oh and i have a question... i have a monitor here, that has a external power brick, that outputs 12volt dc at 3.5 amps, is there a way i could run it off a lighter socket? Its my understanding that the car actually put out closer to 13 - 14 volts when is running, (I don't know the amperage) correct?

Thanks for Trying to help , (I do apologize if i come off as rude, being a loner really is not helping me there...)
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
First Car, And My baby... $550 To buy and repair from Write-off... The radio and amp that was in it was worth more than that!!!.
Hunting For a Supra MKIV, but I'll never get one. Still Hunting.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Dragon1212 wrote:The 400 Watt ran my PS3 and the RCA trufalt tv (the one that i had the ps2 on in a picture) Just fine it had one line of interference, OH! and the small dvd player i had in the trunk with the ps3 on it (picture reference) worked just fine. but when i run it on those it just has a constant interference and makes it unwatchable, On the video I meant to say amperage when i was starting my car when starting the xbox and my inverter killed it, the new consoles draw somethin aweful for amps on first startup....)
Different devices, different levels ofshielding and some are more and less suspectibleto interferenge. Could even be the way the wires are ran. Those visor DVD, they running on battery alone, on AC o DC power?
Dragon1212 wrote:My battery's probably fine but i need to clean my grounds, 94' Car + Untouched Grounds + old batt (yes still a suspect) = Crappy a-- power!!
You'd get more issues than a battery not wanting to charge. Really it should even want to start if that was the case.
Dragon1212 wrote: Oh and i have a question... i have a monitor here, that has a external power brick, that outputs 12volt dc at 3.5 amps, is there a way i could run it off a lighter socket? Its my understanding that the car actually put out closer to 13 - 14 volts when is running, (I don't know the amperage) correct?
Indeed I thought of the same thing...myone touchscreen LCD was 12vtoo, but I never did, was too affraid of the power fluctuations to mess it up; a car an be anywhere from 11 to 14v, a good alternator gives out 14v. Amp is irrelevant really. What you would ideally need would be to have a voltage regulator for 12v/3.5a to keep it steady and the LCD happy.

Like this: :)
http://cgi.ebay.com/13v-17v-DC-DC-12v-4 ... 0524283445
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
Dragon1212 wrote:The 400 Watt ran my PS3 and the RCA trufalt tv (the one that i had the ps2 on in a picture) Just fine it had one line of interference, OH! and the small dvd player i had in the trunk with the ps3 on it (picture reference) worked just fine. but when i run it on those it just has a constant interference and makes it unwatchable, On the video I meant to say amperage when i was starting my car when starting the xbox and my inverter killed it, the new consoles draw somethin aweful for amps on first startup....)
Different devices, different levels ofshielding and some are more and less suspectibleto interferenge. Could even be the way the wires are ran. Those visor DVD, they running on battery alone, on AC o DC power?
Dragon1212 wrote:My battery's probably fine but i need to clean my grounds, 94' Car + Untouched Grounds + old batt (yes still a suspect) = Crappy a-- power!!
You'd get more issues than a battery not wanting to charge. Really it should even want to start if that was the case.
Dragon1212 wrote: Oh and i have a question... i have a monitor here, that has a external power brick, that outputs 12volt dc at 3.5 amps, is there a way i could run it off a lighter socket? Its my understanding that the car actually put out closer to 13 - 14 volts when is running, (I don't know the amperage) correct?
Indeed I thought of the same thing...myone touchscreen LCD was 12vtoo, but I never did, was too affraid of the power fluctuations to mess it up; a car an be anywhere from 11 to 14v, a good alternator gives out 14v. Amp is irrelevant really. What you would ideally need would be to have a voltage regulator for 12v/3.5a to keep it steady and the LCD happy.

Like this: :)
http://cgi.ebay.com/13v-17v-DC-DC-12v-4 ... 0524283445
Lol the sun visors? straight off the cars 12 volt lighter socket they have their own fuse box's as well i never read the fuse but i would assume its just a typical 12v fuse, i could dig that out , IF i charge my battery out right, it charges and stays fine but my alt can't charge it for crap. Thanks for posting that link I'll check out active components in calgary, I'll bet they would sell one.
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
First Car, And My baby... $550 To buy and repair from Write-off... The radio and amp that was in it was worth more than that!!!.
Dragon1212

Re: Dragon1212 -94 MX-3 Precidia GS NEW Spark Plugs

Post by Dragon1212 »

Well my car wouldn't start again.... (Flooded on first Key turn)

Well my spark plugs were 3 milimeters between the post and the bar over top of it (Name? Anybody?) SO bought some new ones, Holy s---! starts good, and goes better to lawl....
Champion Platinum Cored Plugs 2 for $8... was good investment lol.

Took out my air filter, cant even see light through it.... No Coloured glow at all, We blew it out a little and now the car starts much better, buying a new one tomorrow. I'll Post pick When i change the filter and if i find my old plugs lol,.
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

:2thumbsup: Well I have some spring updates... What new Right? Two forms of New. actually 3. There's off topic as well. I will spoil them for some interaction! (EDIT:if this site had spoilers)

Sorry some of the pictures are so dark they are very large assuming imageshack didn't shrink them. They will be thumbnails as usual
Good News And Addons!
Well I will write this first as I have been able to he looking up. till now (off topic section to see why)

I have fixed my drivers side neon asit was kinda off to the one side far too much. and after it fell off from too much heat it was in my line of sight which made it dangerous. So I fixed it.
ImageImage

And I reattached the other side as a friend managed to rip it down.

Now On to the Trunk!
Added Some Neon! Because the stock light isn't very bright and Kind of one sided.
ImageImageImageImage
The Stock Light
The neon
ImageImageImageImage
The neon's wiring.
ImageImage
Paid $23 of $29 for the neon with Canadian tire money. They were pissed.It TURNS OFF with the trunk lid closing when wired here because this light shuts off. Handy!
Well I was cleaning. (which needs to be done again) and tore all my sunvisors wiring out by accident. :crying: But I fixed ItImageImage
The gap in the switches was caused because there was a switch for it before those 2 that was bigger. the top is the sunvisor toggle and I'm gonna wire the other to start the inverter.

I decided that, I was tired of unpluging my neon every time I needed The lighter socket so!
ImageImage
this lies behind the panel that has the stock lighter I need another so I can plug my GPS cord in and not see it either!

... Sad!
Well guys. I need 4 struts, a cv axle and maybe a joint. Then on top of that I need 2 tires. and having no income because school is occupying my time... a Job is hard to go get if I never can show up right?
So I'm kind of screwed. I'm Just hoping it can hold on till school ends.

and Random.
Now good news I found something that I truly do enjoy... Airsoft unfortunately for me to get into it I need to gain about a grand. because the good Stuff is upwards of $100 for gear and the gun in am looking at is $630 for gun, 1 high cap mag, battery and auto-cutoff charger. Then extra mags are $20 other a chest rig is $120, Then Ballistic rated Goggles $50 and mesh mask (for teeth retainment)! $30 Mag pouches that attach to BDU $30 each. I can live without the $30 gunsling for now. And I do like sneaking around a bush and a decent Ghillie is $155!
So, Just because I need to do this
$630 + $100 + ($20 *2) + $155 +$30 + $30 + $50= $1035!
and I need. For the blue one
(4*$120) + $95 + $40 =$ 615
Struts are the $120 guessing on the other 2.
I need $1650!

Actually... It Feels somewhat better knowing that... Because Thats not as bad as I thought It would be! :2thumbsup:

Thanks For reading this! Because I know one of you did! :laugh:

This didn't wanna start and the kick is worthless so it run and start only. But we got tired of running the old gas out. So we towed it behind the blue one Till the thing started Lol!
ImageImage

And I finally turned over the 200g Kms now
All This was written in handwriting for you to read! On a Hp Pavilion TX 2000! So enjoy its physically writtenness! It was physically written not Typed!
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
Nd4SpdSe

Re: Dragon1212 -94 MX-3 Precidia GS NEW Spring Update

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

TX2000? I picked up a TX2-1360ca last year, but it's died on me twice. I haven't had a chance to call HP and get it repaired, again! Thank got it bought it through Costco with the added 1year warranty...

I used to have an LG LT20 tablet, mom has it now, and I got one off an old coworder for my dad. They're both 5+ years old and have run flawlessly, but this was the only tablet with a decent video card.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

its a tx2508ca They only have massive heat issues. It is a good video card in these. My friend is selling it for $50 tome otherwise I probably wouldn't buy it. however my laptop has died.
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Damn, you're pretty organized. I like how you laid things out in the first post, good job.

Keep up the good work too, you've made fast progress!
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

Every time i Fix some thing, there is something to add to the broken pile... Funny how that works hey?
My front drivers strut squeaks on every corner and bump and its drivin' me up a FRIGGIN WALL!

Another problem.

Well lucky for me $11.00 entry price included at pick a part saved me from being unable to hear myself at 2500 rpm. And wow was it plugged as I got a noticeable change in my cars acceleration as soon as i changed it. and i only i put on a stock one. (probably why it blew in the first place)

Did this one this evening. thanks Fowljesse as this helps me use my cup holders as the stock height it always hits whats in the cup holder.
Before
After

Well guys I screwed myself I can't go to Kelowna, have no money, and have no trust for The Blue One to not stab me in the back with something I can't fix on the trip, my struts and that axle are too big of this to let it slide, and having no money, I won't be able to get parts.
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
MX3-Life

Re: Dragon1212 -94 MX-3 Precidia GS NEW Kelowna = Nope

Post by MX3-Life »

I'm absolutely in love with that DVD Visor haha nice!
Dragon1212

Re: Dragon1212 -94 MX-3 Precidia GS NEW Fall Fail...

Post by Dragon1212 »

Well its time for a fall update, Since the Spring update there is nothing much updated.

MY drive shaft is getting worse and I need new shocks. MY Tires are almost dead found 2 used ones to bring the front wheels up to par. Tried to buy new ones and found out all of them are $800 total. Which I will never have at once, but I'm gonna have to save for spring so I can buy some tires.

Tires (Suggestions?)
Suspension (Suggestions?)
CV Axle (new or used?)

Here's some good news, GOT A JOB! (great... now I have even less time) Guess if I want to keep The Blue One on the Road I have no choice. Not all Bad with that I can Wear my Five Fingers under (Medical Issues - Back Pain {I got lucky there}) Maybe I might be able to Afford some parts by spring. (hope my car can hold on)

And bad news.

My Alarm System decided it needed to attempt to screw me over. It some how managed to trigger itself while I was driving to buy new Five Fingers and when I got to the store:

1. Parked
2. Made sure the car was in gear
3. Turned and Removed Key
4. Opened door
5. Looked at gauges. (cars still running)
6. WHAT THE HELL!@!!
7. Check that keys are in my hand (they are)
8. Check ignition (its off)
9. INsert key and turn to on
10. Turn off car (Fails)
11. WELL WHAT THE HELL!!
12. Lock door (confused)
13. Close Door
14. Go to go in store (Car shuts off)
15. ?????
16. Unlock Door
17. Alarm Goes off
18. OHHHHH F***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now how am i gonna get home!!
My keyfob has been dead since i have owned the car, never needed it.
19. Lock and close door.
20. Wait for alarm to shut off.
21. Go in and Buy Five Fingers.
22. Open car, WITH KEY! As usual. (Car alarm is now engaged)
23. Throw shoes in car.
24. POP Trunk
25. Open Trunk and Toolkit
26. WIre cutters
27. pop hood.
28. Brace FOr LOUD F'IN NOISE!
29. Open hood
30. Cut Negative Wire!- AHHHHHH>>>>> I CAN THINK!!!!!!!!!
31. More noise... WHAT THE HELL!!!!!
32. CUT BACKUP NEGITIVE WIRE..
33. Close Hood.
34. Get in car,
35. Pray,
36. Attempt to start.
37. Car starts, (Yes the alarm is engaged.)
38. THATS NOT SUPPOSED TO FRICKIN WORK!!!
39. Put car in Reverse
40. Let Clutch out. ( car moves>)
41. Pull Back into Stall (WHAT THE HELL!)
42. Call Dad to ask if i should try driving home. (Says head straight home)
43. Turn head lights and park lights on. (lights stop flashing That shouldn't work either!)
44. Drive home with Alarm Engaged.
Everything went normal, aside from car alarm light flashing (never happened before)
45. Get Home
46. Park car and disconnect battery (hoping to reset)
47. help friends move (neighbours)
48. Come Back Reconnect battery.
49. open car door, (car alarm goes off) (Well one thing worked properly)
50. Unplug the entire control unit.
51. attempt to start car, car runs.
52. WELL SOMEONE WAS A IDIOT!
53. Take Unit Right out
54. WHEW! I can still go to work monday....

Thanks to the Stupid installer of the car alarm. I made it home, and still can use my car.

Mind you if it had been installed properly in the first place the damn key would have disarmed it....

Upgraded a original Xbox with games Movies and TV shows. IT now lives in the car for the sun visors.

P.S. If you are a anime fan or just want something good to watch look up Neon Genesis Evangelion < Great Show (Tv Series, and the Movies are a Redo of it because of better technologies and they aren't being tax auditied, the Tv Show kinda Died because of that.)

Got me a PBF Gas Mask. (for the hell of it) Its Comfy as all hell, Compared to professional respirators. I hate all of them the mask is way nicer.

Have Fun Reading the Long a-- List!!!
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
WhiteFinish

Re: Dragon1212 -94 MX-3 Precidia GS NEW Fall Fail!

Post by WhiteFinish »

Thats a funny story...

What would have happend when your car would be stolen... Just drive away with it.
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

Neon Genesis Evangelion is awesome!
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

WhiteFinish wrote:Thats a funny story...

What would have happend when your car would be stolen... Just drive away with it.
Thats what I was thinking lol. Gonna get a whole new system, and have it installed so the DAMN KEY TURNS THE ALARM OFF!!!!!! lol.. Fun week...
Sleeper6 wrote:Neon Genesis Evangelion is awesome!
I KNOW!!! :2thumbsup: I have All of It on the Xbox In the Car!!! :driver: (NAH Not while Driving... I would Die...) Gonna buy it if I Can find it in Calgary HMV's site says they have it but their website hasn't been overly reliable lol.

Speaking of Dying... F Calgary, 5 times in the last 3 days I could have been Killed. either in Sitting in Traffic or in the damn parking lot, once walking into work... GRRRRR.. next persons gonna get it.
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
Dragon1212

Re: Dragon1212 -94 MX-3 Precidia GS NEW Alternator gone caga

Post by Dragon1212 »

Well i now have to get another alternator because the car has just blown another. I don't f****** get it i am not running anything different than when i got the car. I mean yea i have the inverter and stuff but that has ran twice since i changed the alternator last. Could grounds be that bad? My car has no problems starting?

So I need some advice because i have to take my rad out every time I have to change this. If this is going to become a common occurrance I am going to get rid of the car. I need something that doesn't die on me. Because this is going to get me fired.

When I rev the car up the charge light turns off and when i start the car I can hear a whining noise that wasn't there when i went to work. Then again my charging system was working then. Could it be water In the Alt?

Thanks

Well its official the alternator is dead. The car immediately dies as soon as i even move a battery terminal. So the car is running on battery power.
Last edited by Dragon1212 on December 6th, 2011, 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”