klze and turbos

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mazdaman222
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

klze and turbos

Post by mazdaman222 »

just a question... how well does a klze hold up to small turbos like: Mitsubishi TD04-16t
Mitsubishi TD04-15g
Mitsubishi 13g turbo

ps i am looking at an mx3 with a ze and this guy my dad knows has a couple of turbos he said i could have when he finds them there stock off of volvos and not sure what one they are thats why i posted the different ones above they are the ones i could find

thanks
Ryan

Re: klze and turbos

Post by Ryan »

A motor doesn't care what brand the turbo is... Look around and see what sort of pipes you can get that bolt up to those flanges. Unless you plan on fabricating your own hot pipes (or at least the flange)

ZE can handle a bit of boost. John is running 11 PSI with injectors and engine management.

I don't know how much you can run without fuel modifications, but I'll pull 8 PSI out of my a-- for you.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Ryan wrote:ZE can handle a bit of boost. John is running 11 PSI with injectors and engine management.
John has a DE.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Yeah... don't listen to me, I'm full of it apparently.

Check out ProbeTalk.com. They have a handful or two of boosted cars.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
mazdaman222

Post by mazdaman222 »

sweet thanks i was just sayin the typs cuz i thaught it would tell you what size they were and i can get someone to fab a couple of flanges for me and what would i need for engine management? oh and the car im lookin at has a bunch of mods like cold air intake, chip ECU, headers, duel exhaust stage 3 racing clutch
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

You should really read Maximum Boost by Corky Bell. It will tell you all about turbo sizing, and what is needed to run a turbo. If you are still itching for boost, search here and on Probetalk. You will probably want to look into Megasquirt as a possible fuel and ignition controller.
Cody
johnmx3ze

Post by johnmx3ze »

on a ze you can run 4-5 psi with stock injectors and an fmu and 8 psi with millenia S injectors and a megasquirt... but the question is how long will it last...

i think you have alot of reading to do... like i had alot to do!

look at all the turbo kl setup you can, to help you figure out what you need...

you cannot just put a turbo in your car besause someobe gives you a turbo, thats not how it works...

if you wanna go turbo youll need about 2500-3000$ in parts! plus lots of other stuff!

good luck, if you have questions you can pm me... ( look at my worklog)

john
mx-3, KL turbo (tooo much to list) yeah its boosted!
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mazdaman222

Post by mazdaman222 »

"you cannot just put a turbo in your car besause someobe gives you a turbo, thats not how it works..."
what do u mean? i no i need to have an intercooler pipeing and bov and stuff like that
and i just looked at ur work log that is a sweet azz ride
johnmx3ze

Post by johnmx3ze »

an intercooler and s bov is the last thing you should be thinking of...

think about,
fuel injectors
fuel pump
wideband o2
collector pipes
engine management
better clutch
stiffer engine mounts
exhaust
spark
tuning

ect..
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Don't forget spare trannies and axles... Especially if you're going big.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
johnmx3ze

Post by johnmx3ze »

ive been lucky... i have 3 spares trannys and i didn't blow one yet...
mazdaman222

Post by mazdaman222 »

ok could you help me out with some brand names or specs of the parts i need stuff like that? also they are very small turbos about the same size as a stock vw jetta turbo so im not sure about how much boost they would put out.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

johnmx3ze wrote:ive been lucky... i have 3 spares trannys and i didn't blow one yet...
Lucky, I've got an NA K8 and I've already been through one... albeit, it was user error that brought about the end of my 1st(Not me driving, thankfully...)

I'm still waiting on Michael Perry's Pontiac G6 tranny conversion to pan out, I hope it does. I won't even consider boosting a K series without something stronger downstream.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

mazdaman222 wrote:ok could you help me out with some brand names or specs of the parts i need stuff like that? also they are very small turbos about the same size as a stock vw jetta turbo so im not sure about how much boost they would put out.
You've been given some awesome advice, I highly recommend you read Maximum Boost as suggested earlier... It will answer almost all of your questions, and people will be more receptive to questions after you've made an effort to find out on your own. :/

We want to help as much as we can, but we are avoiding steering you the wrong direction... Some things need to be learned on your own, or you won't fully understand them until after you've broken something expensive.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
mazdaman222

Post by mazdaman222 »

thats why im asking so i dont break anything expencive

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”