Air conditioning not working suddenly.

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Patass

Air conditioning not working suddenly.

Post by Patass »

Well, i dunno how sudden it is, because I dont use it in the winter. But, I tried to use it this week, and it's just throwing out warm air. Here's whats up.

Cables all seem fine
fan not turning
voltage seems ok
no fuses blown
light comes on as it should when i press the button

It's getting warm and I'm in CT, any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: Air conditioning not working suddenly.

Post by Daninski »

Usually it a freon leak that's caused you to loose your charge and now it won't chill. Best bet is to go and have it checked by an AC shop. they can put a florescent penatrant in to confirm or eliminate a possible leak. If it's a leak in the high pressure section then replace the part cuz leak stop products won't work there.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”