Vecia's 1994 MX-3: UPDATE - 8/06/12 New Picture!

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Vecia
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Vecia's 1994 MX-3

Post by Vecia »

Dang... just noticed the image sizes on the "better Camera"... sorry guys. I'll try and fix it later.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

Vecia wrote:Dang... just noticed the image sizes on the "better Camera"... sorry guys. I'll try and fix it later.
should be able to increase it in the camera settings somehow
Vecia

Post by Vecia »

Sorry guys; not much to report. I was bitten by an insect on Friday and ended up in the emergency room at the hospital Saturday night. Just released today. It was freaking horrible. Anyway, hope to get back at it this weekend.
Vecia

Post by Vecia »

Here's some more pics.

Nasty insect bite. Looks much better now.

Another one of the back. Never got around to finishing it because of ER trip.

Sorry, had to advertise.

My baby girl...

My baby girl again...
muttpower
antispam: No

Post by muttpower »

Holy crap!!!! Hey, I think I found the bug that bit you. Did it look like thisImage
Sorry...couldnt help it.
1992 MX3 GS (My Project Toy)
K8DE, see web site...too many mods to list, but still growing.
2006 Dodge Durango (The Family-Mobile)
Every time you race a Honda Civic, a kitten kills a retard.
Vecia

Post by Vecia »

haha! Dang, that's an ugly bug! No wonder my foot nearly fell off! lol
Vecia

Post by Vecia »

Just so you guys can get a visual of the black and red theme, I put this together on Photoshop. Might put some vinyl under the black in black to contrast the red but we'll see after it gets painted. Still aways away for that.

Vecia

Post by Vecia »

Yes, I bought the garnish on ebay for 45 bucks. Still can't post to the section that mentioned it for some reason (I have over 30 posts :( ) anyway, to evo-spec; the Garnish is an item that is freaking obscure down here in the south at best. All of the ones at the junk yard are crispy and brittle and will most likely explode before you even have a chance to pull off one fastener.

45 bucks IMO is quite a deal in my book and as long as the buyer is content then I guess that's all that matters, right? At any rate, I'll soon have a raised RS Spoiler coming, so I needed it for the change.

Remember, an MX-3 in the south US is like 5 on the road running for every 11 in the junk yard; current count down here in Texas (at least researchable) is 11 in the junk yards (stripped damn near clean) and Ive only counted 5 on the roads in the last year throughout the Dallas Fort Worth area. The closest one to me for sale is Georgia so I'm sure you can imagine just how rare they are.
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

Vecia wrote:Yes, I bought the garnish on ebay for 45 bucks. Still can't post to the section that mentioned it for some reason (I have over 30 posts :( ) anyway, to evo-spec; the Garnish is an item that is freaking obscure down here in the south at best. All of the ones at the junk yard are crispy and brittle and will most likely explode before you even have a chance to pull off one fastener.

45 bucks IMO is quite a deal in my book and as long as the buyer is content then I guess that's all that matters, right? At any rate, I'll soon have a raised RS Spoiler coming, so I needed it for the change.

Remember, an MX-3 in the south US is like 5 on the road running for every 11 in the junk yard; current count down here in Texas (at least researchable) is 11 in the junk yards (stripped damn near clean) and Ive only counted 5 on the roads in the last year throughout the Dallas Fort Worth area. The closest one to me for sale is Georgia so I'm sure you can imagine just how rare they are.
I know how you feel, Ive been looking for those parts since I had my first mx in highschool (10yrs ago!) I almost dropped $350 on a hatch shade online till I got lucky and found one intact in a yard up here for $20! Not to mention paying just as much in shipping as the part to get my rs wing from canada, and i dont regret it one bit! 8)
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
muttpower
antispam: No

Post by muttpower »

Vecia wrote:Just so you guys can get a visual of the black and red theme, I put this together on Photoshop. Might put some vinyl under the black in black to contrast the red but we'll see after it gets painted. Still aways away for that.

Nice....kinda looks like the original concept sketch...like this
1992 MX3 GS (My Project Toy)
K8DE, see web site...too many mods to list, but still growing.
2006 Dodge Durango (The Family-Mobile)
Every time you race a Honda Civic, a kitten kills a retard.
Vecia

Post by Vecia »

Did a little bit more with the interior. You can kinda see where I'm headed...

Last edited by Vecia on April 14th, 2011, 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vecia

Post by Vecia »

Nothing really is permanently affixed. I still have to seal, fasten in some places with screws, sound proof and carpet and add the hinged doors for the spare and the fuel pump.
Vecia

Post by Vecia »

By the way, the old back seat-belt assembly housings will be moded with body filler, shaped and sanded, then painted. Gonna put a tweeter in there on both sides.
Vecia

Post by Vecia »

Update on that Ebay Garnish:

The guy broke it when packing it. :( He refunded my money this morning. Oh well... you win some and you lose some.
Vecia

Post by Vecia »

more pics of the audio mods...

Don't poke fun of the equipment as it's all I got for the moment... :) that will change soon.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”