Dali's 1993 gs klze

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Dali's 1993 gs klze

Post by Dali »

Well here is my baby. She started off as a white 1993 gs automatic and like all things I needed to improve on it. first thing was a klze swap, not knowing how to do this was not going to stop me. Took two weeks of nights to get this swap done, of course the klze is too much for a stock automatic transmission. The tranny did last a good six months but I knew it would not last much longer, this is when I bought a 1993 red gs off a member in Ontario. This was a mistake as the car was completely rotten and I was taken for a ride on it, on a good note this was a donor for the 5 speend swap as well as giving me a/c.
Since then I have added a couple different cai setup's (custom), tried a different set's of lowering springs (suspension techniques, dropzone, h&r), strut kits (tokico, mazdaspeed struts and a custom air ride setup). The engine bay wiring harnesses have been modded to fit better, Viper car alarm, centerforce dual friction clutch, euro vents, carbon fiber tail lights, indiglo gauge and hvac, bronzeoil bushings, hotshot headers, 2 1/2 exhaust with no cat, strut tower bars, phantom grip lsd with upgraded springs, complete clarion set up (head unit, 2x 6 1/2 component speakers, 2x 12" sig series subs, 2 mono blocks, 1 4channel, 15farad cap, 0 gauge wire, bluetooth setup, sirius radio), tried a couple of different monitors in the car, 2 different set's of 17" rims and rubber, factory eurethane full side skirts.
Now onto the stuff that has been bought and not installed or arrived yet in the mail. first thing was the custom turbo kit off the site here that cost me way too much and never showed up in whole, the set up was only half of what was purchased and since then I have been replacing what is missing. The turbo set up so far is a t3-t4 Garrett turbo, intercooler, intercooler piping, headers, hot pipes, downpipe (the piping was taken to rocket cermacoat and given a silver ceramic finish) bov, external wastegate. List of other parts are the megasquirt unit, modded fuel rail, modded nissan red top injectors, aeromotive fpr/fittings and hoses, diamond pistons coated, beefed up custom millenium rods, colt cam turbo grind, ferrea valves/springs/retainers/clips/seats, short throw shifter, oil pump, fuel filter, timing belt, tensioner pulley set up, powder coated engine components, braided brake lines, wheel bearings/seals/hubs/brakes, plugs and wires, mfactory lsd, battery relocate kit, scorpion hood, carbon fiber hood, blitz front bumper, eurbruni sides and rear, drift side skirts, unknow rear bumper, hp e-vectra computer, brand new power steering rack, fiberglassed interior, new seat covers. I know there are alot of parts I am missing.
This car will be retired hopefully next summer and replaced with a mint white 1993 gs that is getting repainted with a pearl white with a ghost design, all stock parts will be brand new as well, all the aftermarket parts will be transfered over.

Last edited by Dali on January 15th, 2009, 1:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
1993 White gs klze.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: Dali's 1993 gs klze

Post by fowljesse »

I'm glad you made a worklog.
After trying so many suspension combos, what is your favorite, and why?
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

Did this car ever get built. Just a noob wondering as this looked like it would be quite impressive.
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

holy crap, you started a worklog, i didn't ever think that was going to happen =P
Dali
Supporting Member

Post by Dali »

Lol. This car was killed October 2009 by a lady that blew two stop signs. It has been sitting waiting to get stripped apart. As well somone broke my hatch glass this last week and the window tint is holding it together for now. Today I gutted most of the interior, tomorrow I will finish gutting the rest, after that it's time to pull the motor and tranny, subframes and exhaust. I do have a new car coming to me tonight but it is blue and I want to get it repainted white, then I will swap everything over to it. I do have another ze that will get built and turboed but that will have to wait until next winter. My house has been eating my money. So my baby will get taken apart and hauled to the metal guys for crushing, kind of sad but I do have more mx-3's. I was going to turn this into a race car but lack of funds, time and space say other. Here are a couple of pic's I took today.

1993 White gs klze.
Sisko182
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Sisko182 »

Too bad about the ride. Good thing you've got a new one coming your way though.
$i$Ko

Ride:
1992 Midnight Purple MX-3
Worklog:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75646

Feedback
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=76781
AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

The car still looks great sitting pretty with the full length side skirts.
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
Dali
Supporting Member

Post by Dali »

Well got my new car yesterday, its a blue 93 special edition, manual tranny. Over all the body is in pretty good shape, little damage by the passenger side front tow hook, looks like someone hit a rock, few little dings here and there. Power steering pump is not working right, motor has had mickey mouse repairs, couple of struts are worn, loud exhaust, crappy painted interior, leather seats are worn, poor wiring inside the car as well. Good stuff is the heated seat switches which I have been looking for, has a 10" pg sub in box, pg mono amp, clarion 4 channel, crappy deck, pioneer speakers, razo pedals, indiglo gauges, chrome bezel, 2 brand new tires, other 2 tires are almost brand new, k&n filter, still looking in it if there is anything else. Now I can finish gutting the white mx3 and putting the stuff into this one once I repaint the se white.
Last edited by Dali on June 23rd, 2011, 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
1993 White gs klze.
Savin

Post by Savin »

Very nice pick up! But I forget, why is the white one being used for parts? I remember reading it somewhere. It got hit or something?
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
muttpower

Post by muttpower »

Sweet deal man!!!!! Wish I could find one like that here in the states...Good luck with the build.
1992 MX3 GS (My Project Toy)
K8DE, see web site...too many mods to list, but still growing.
2006 Dodge Durango (The Family-Mobile)
Every time you race a Honda Civic, a kitten kills a retard.
Sisko182
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Sisko182 »

Savin wrote:Very nice pick up! But I forget, why is the white one being used for parts? I remember reading it somewhere. It got hit or something?
Read a few posts up.
$i$Ko

Ride:
1992 Midnight Purple MX-3
Worklog:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75646

Feedback
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=76781
Savin

Post by Savin »

Must've missed that simple explanation. I remembered reading an old thread. Like the lady hit him and the wheel busted off or something and bent a few things (could've been someone else though... my memory sucks) Maybe Dali will explain in here too with greater detail. :)

EDIT: Nevermind. I went and stalked through Dali's old posts: http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=71336
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
Dali
Supporting Member

Post by Dali »

lol. Well my baby is gone now. I finished pulling parts and loaded it up to haul away to the metal recycler, it took a good ten hours to gut it down to a bare shell. Most of the parts will go into my 323 once I get it painted and the ze will get a temporary home in the 93special ed for the summer then into the 323 as my new winter beater. Now the fun job of doing the same tear down of the blue one.
1993 White gs klze.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”