Projector issue! Please Help?

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Maliceday
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Projector issue! Please Help?

Post by Maliceday »

Edit: Changed Subject

So, I know there have been many of questions about HID, but I'm just trying to figure out if I need to contact the company or if I'm missing something.

With out adjusting anything, the passanger light fits, no issue at all. However, the drivers does not. All the bolt holes line up, but there is aprox 1/4 - 1/2 in gap between the light and quarter-panel. I have tried to adjust the two adjuster bolts (although I thought those were mainly for direction of beam) and got the end to almost snug in with the panel, however the opposit end (near LEDs) sticks out pretty far. So, as I became more and more frustrated, I decided to put the bumper and support back on. (Just resting in its place) The pass. light fits between panel and bumper in that nice little groove... The drivers does not.

Am I missing some random adjustment or something? I know that
*hit happens, but I don't want to be the dumbass calling the company to complain about getting the ?wrong size? headlight.
Last edited by Maliceday on March 9th, 2011, 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD. You know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences...
slayer322
antispam: No

Re: HID issue! Please Help?

Post by slayer322 »

I have a feeling your talking about replacing your stock headlight assembly with eBay projector housings. Correct?
1996 Mazda MX-3 GS - DD / Always a project Car
ZE + Pacesetters = <3
johnmx3ze

Post by johnmx3ze »

hid's?

i think you talking about projector headlights...?

its a pretty basic bolt on install... 3 bolts
mx-3, KL turbo (tooo much to list) yeah its boosted!
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Maliceday

Post by Maliceday »

Yes, replacing stock with projectors. (Sorry, been excited about the HIDs) And yea, 3 bolt instal but the driver side doesn't fit right and just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. They came from protuning.com instead of ebay. The pass light fits perfect but the drivers side is off.
Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD. You know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences...
slayer322
antispam: No

Post by slayer322 »

take a picture and post it, maybe that would help us see the issue your having with the lights. Worst comes to worst, contact the manufacturer and see what they can offer you.
1996 Mazda MX-3 GS - DD / Always a project Car
ZE + Pacesetters = <3
Maliceday

Post by Maliceday »

next to the quarter panel with all 3 bolts attached.

I adjusted after this and put the right adjusting bolt (facing the light) all the way in to drop the light in, but its still pushed out.
PATDIESEL

Re: Projector issue! Please Help?

Post by PATDIESEL »

I don't have those projectors, but doesn't that piece of rubber by your index finger knuckle supposed to fill that gap. It looks like the piece of rubber is out of place. I agree that the gap is excessive, but that rubber fills "some" of it. You can also move the fender some my loosening the bolts on the top side of it. I assume that your stock headlight fills the gap perfectly?... Maybe take a few pics of other angels so we can see more about what and where things are not fitting.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
2fazed
Supporting Member

Re: Projector issue! Please Help?

Post by 2fazed »

I just did the projector swap. There is an inch gap there. The projectors does come with a small piece of rubber for that. But the gap is way too big. Another member suggested 3m weatherstripping. I got some of that, and ran it around, and it does fill the gap in.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”