block heater

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Dragon1212
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

block heater

Post by Dragon1212 »

My understanding is a block heatercan go in two places in a frost plug on the front or the back. Following that assumption if it came from Mazda with a standard assembly what side would the block heater be placed. Because my car is totally fucked and is now parked for the winter because I won't be trusting it to start for a long time... if my car has one where would it be.
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
First Car, And My baby... $550 To buy and repair from Write-off... The radio and amp that was in it was worth more than that!!!.
Hunting For a Supra MKIV, but I'll never get one. Still Hunting.
Ryan

Re: block heater

Post by Ryan »

driver's side back of the block is the PDI location.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

Thanks can it be seen from the top because I can't really get under it as the front wheels are sitting in a hole
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
First Car, And My baby... $550 To buy and repair from Write-off... The radio and amp that was in it was worth more than that!!!.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Dragon1212 wrote:Thanks can it be seen from the top because I can't really get under it as the front wheels are sitting in a hole
Kinda but maybe not really cause the engine is a V shape and it tapers off past the top. Why you wanna look at it? Is staring at it gonna warm up your coolant? Is it gonna make you stop dropping the f-bomb in your posts?

If you car has one you'd have a electrical cord somewhere in your engine bay around your battery or ontop of the trans. Here is 2 pics of where the block heater is:

Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

Sorry having a bad year so far you have no idea how much you just made my day I have that orange cord.
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

Sins of the previous owner he cut the end off and then zipstriped it to the rail that goes under the fans now I get the fun job of figuring out how to connect it to the end of another cable
about the swearing I'm sorry my family's falling apart my computers constantly require me to fix them and now my cars having problems. I'be been trying to refrain from posting because I tend to swear like a sailor now... I hate being 17. And going to grade 12, so I apologize you guys don 't need to hear it
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Its easy man, its an element, you can't even screw it up.

The green wire goes to the round pole on the new connector. The green one is the middle wire, usually. Its just a ground, and not even that important, I've seen block heaters without a ground (although I'd rather have one, I don't want my car hitting me with 120v when I try to get in after a wire breaks)

and the other two can go to either side of the rectangle poles. Doesn't matter.

and I hear you with the family/life issues, I'm only 19, but I appreciate them a little more now, its a pain to grow up faster than you have to, but it does put you at the front of the pack of maturity.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

Lol thanks the wiring isn't what I was worried about it was the matter of connecting them in a space that my hand can't even fit in.. wow. Sometimes I hate owning a low car thanks for letting me know I'm not alone it really helps

So operation block heater is complete
And solo_Ryder I needed to see it so I could find out if I had one and I could trace the cable. Which inturn heated my coolant which in turn turns my spirit up which causes less swearing 8) :driver: < Now...
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Congrats on the block heater repair, hope it works well for you man.

On the life note, don't dwell on what you can't change. If you can improve a situation, try to; but if it's beyond your control, acceptance is the only way you'll find peace over it. Good luck with everything!
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”