I'm still alive, although my computer is not!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

I'm still alive, although my computer is not!

Post by MrMazda92 »

Sad to say it, but I won't be on here much for the next few weeks. The laptop I've been using took a long fall, and I'm waiting on a warranty replacement which will come in ~10 days. I hope the HDD didn't die, if it did then I'll be spending a few months gathering all the information I've gathered for my build, as well as my other projects... Wish me luck guys.

Also, my magic eraser/polish/wax job worked wonders on my hood. It honestly looks far better than the rest of the car... I'd call that a mixed blessing.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: I'm still alive, although my computer is not!

Post by Daninski »

As long as the hard drive wasn't spinning you should be ok. If it was you could have big time bad sectors
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

The harddrive is fine, lucky me! Now I just need to recover everything before the computer goes out for warranty.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

i was gonna say itd be a good idea to back up your data, even if the drive still works you could have hurt the lifespan on that drive in the fall.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

The laptop is going into Dell for warranty replacement tomorrow, I'm backing everything up tonight. :) The time crunch is the main reason I was so worried...
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Dell? Dell? Why would any sane and mentally functioning person buy a Dell. Dell takes any crap they can get a deal on and slams it together. I feel for you man I really do.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

Daninski wrote:Dell? Dell? Why would any sane and mentally functioning person buy a Dell.
A sane and mentally functioning 21 year old???
Come on, Dan! What the hell are you talking about? :lol: :lol:
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

Inodoro Pereyra wrote:
Daninski wrote:Dell? Dell? Why would any sane and mentally functioning person buy a Dell.
It's the senility kicking in...soon he'll be talking about walking 20 km uphill in the snow barefooted...
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Hah, it's my girlfriend's laptop.

I've got an HP DV2313 that bit the dust last year. Yay for Nvidia selling faulty GPUs knowingly. Class action lawsuit kinda faulty, but I'm not joining some list and waiting 3-4 years to possibly be reimbursed. I'm sick of laptops anyways, computers belong on a desk! :P
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

I prefer to put my desktop in a laptop.... SAGER FTW!!!
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

We got the laptop back today, better than ever. ;D It's even got that stupid keyboard squeak that some do -.- It needs breaking in.

Anyways, I'll go for a desktop after more important things are paid for(Think MX-3...)
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

Welcome back, then... :D
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Thanks ;D
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
Dragon1212
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Dragon1212 »

Flyer wrote:
Inodoro Pereyra wrote:
It's the senility kicking in...soon he'll be talking about walking 20 km uphill in the snow barefooted...
Lol he will have less pains when he does that, I walk next to barefoot lol.. Vibram Five Fingers.. and good to hear your hdd made it. be careful next time man..
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
First Car, And My baby... $550 To buy and repair from Write-off... The radio and amp that was in it was worth more than that!!!.
Hunting For a Supra MKIV, but I'll never get one. Still Hunting.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”