Magical rear wiper, WTF!?!

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Magical rear wiper, WTF!?!

Post by Sleeper6 »

Daninski wrote:Hmm ya, I never use the rear wiper so its news to me as well. Why would we use that wiper anyway, leaves a wiper mark on the rear window, distracts from the look.
Then dont be a cheapskate and buy a new wiper!! I keep new wipers on mine and clean the windows so I dont have any residual marks Lol. Once you have one though I personally cant live without it 'specially in the winter
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
ethand

Post by ethand »

I think Dan might be refferring to the way that it leaves destinct lines around the edges of the wiping radius of the blade, which will happen regardless of how new the blades are - the wiped areas will be perfectly clean & the rest water-marked... I hate it when that happens, but still use my rear wiper anyway... I just make up for it by cleaning my car every week or two :shrug:
MX3-4U2NV wrote:
Ryan wrote:Not to dis your intelligence, but are you sure you don't have it on the intermittent setting?

I always put it back in the wrong position...
I am talking about my rear wiper. As far as I can see, I turn it on, or off. Or a little further to squirt. Whenever it rains, I turn the rear wiper on, it wipes about 5 times, then automatically goes in to an intermittent mode.
And like Ryan said here, I often do the same thing - accidentally put it on intermittent mode instead of off, and at first thought mine was screwed as well... so his question was valid...
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
MX3-4U2NV
antispam: No

Post by MX3-4U2NV »

ethand wrote:
MX3-4U2NV wrote:
Ryan wrote:Not to dis your intelligence, but are you sure you don't have it on the intermittent setting?

I always put it back in the wrong position...
I am talking about my rear wiper. As far as I can see, I turn it on, or off. Or a little further to squirt. Whenever it rains, I turn the rear wiper on, it wipes about 5 times, then automatically goes in to an intermittent mode.
And like Ryan said here, I often do the same thing - accidentally put it on intermittent mode instead of off, and at first thought mine was screwed as well... so his question was valid...
No, I did not leave it on intermittent.
Sisko182

Post by Sisko182 »

Daninski wrote:
Mooneggs wrote:Because there's not enough angle on the rear window and the water just sits there, then everything is a blurred mess. That's why. :freak:
Then just drive faster to blow the rain off Da*m it. :lol:

Seriously, I'm curious because I use my side mirrors almost exclusively to check whats behind me.
Only use your side mirrors? That's pretty sketchy man. They call it a blind spot for a reason... you can't see there without shoulder checking. If you don't like shoulder checking, you should get a broadway mirror.
$i$Ko

Ride:
1992 Midnight Purple MX-3
Worklog:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75646

Feedback
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=76781
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Sisko182 wrote:Only use your side mirrors? That's pretty sketchy man. They call it a blind spot for a reason... you can't see there without shoulder checking. If you don't like shoulder checking, you should get a broadway mirror.
Personally, i tilt my rearview hard to the right and use it for rearview AND blindspot(right side), and I keep my left mirror at an angle that covers it when I lean about 4 inches to the right. I never turn around, and i have full 360 degree view. I drive a pickup with a canopy for work, so rearview isn't usable; This gave me new perspective too.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”