strange idle problem

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
burgess
antispam: No

strange idle problem

Post by burgess »

hey guys so im quite the novice when it comes to working on my car. i pretty much learn by trial and error and a series of youtube videos. anyways i have a automatic 94 mx3 four cyl and when i start it up i have to wait about 5 minutes for it to warm up so i can drive it. if i put it in reverse or drive right away the car will stall or the first little bit when im driving. when i first start it it idles at 1500rpm and it slowly drops good when getting warm than its like as soon as the motor gets to the point when its a little warm it just wants to bog out and i have to give it gas or else it stalls and then after i give it gas the idle bounces a bit then trys to stall unless i lightly hold the gas till its warm enough that it wont.. so the first time my motor stalled out i was on i quite steep hill waiting to turn left. i turned it over but it wouldnt start the few times i tried so i put it in neutral and rolled to the side of the road where i didnt block traffic and cranked it twice and it started right up. after the temp. needle is where it should be it works fine but under that its boggy. any suggestions to what the problem may be? thanks.
burgess

Re: strange idle problem

Post by burgess »

yeah nevermind few fuses fixed the problem
haveanurge

Post by haveanurge »

Burgess - can you post which fuses you replaced to fix your problem. It can help others on the forum if they are looking for some solutions to fix a similar problem.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

.... really?

Thats probably the shittiest diagnostic technique I've heard of, ever.

asking which fuses he replaced to fix some one elses similar problem?
#1 if you can't catch an issue caused by a fuse, then I don't know whats wrong with you. Thats like 1 of the 3 things all people know how to do on a car. Check the oil level, check the fuses, and fill the gas tank.
#2 the chances that they're the same are totally incalculable, that is, the events are not related whatsoever.
#3 do your buddy a favour and don't offer him your advice.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”