EGR plug for pacesetters

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
slayer322
antispam: No

EGR plug for pacesetters

Post by slayer322 »

Does anyone know what bolt i would need to thread into the EGR port on my pacesetter headers by any chance? i've seen some people on forums saying its an M22 x 1.5 or something like that, and others say just to weld something over it, BUT, there currently installed on my ze in my car so thats not an option.

I had something makeshift in there previously and it has blown out. Now i have a huge exhaust leak that sounds like my tensioner pulley is going.

Thanks for the help in advance.
1996 Mazda MX-3 GS - DD / Always a project Car
ZE + Pacesetters = <3
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: EGR plug for pacesetters

Post by PATDIESEL »

I am not 100% on the bolt size, but I am bout 90% it is the same as a O2 sensor. So if you or anyone else has one laying close by, measure it.
I would suggest you just go to an exhaust shop and ask them for a O2 plug. Then bolt it in yourself. They'll likely take a 22mmx1.5 (or whatever) and just weld the open end of it shut.
If you still have your K8 you can steal the compression fitting off of the EGR that is supposed to plug in there and take that to the exhaust shop and ask them to weld it shut for you. Then intsall it.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
umcamara
Supporting Member

Post by umcamara »

PATDIESEL wrote:I am not 100% on the bolt size, but I am bout 90% it is the same as a O2 sensor. So if you or anyone else has one laying close by, measure it.
I would suggest you just go to an exhaust shop and ask them for a O2 plug. Then bolt it in yourself. They'll likely take a 22mmx1.5 (or whatever) and just weld the open end of it shut.
If you still have your K8 you can steal the compression fitting off of the EGR that is supposed to plug in there and take that to the exhaust shop and ask them to weld it shut for you. Then intsall it.
O2 sensors are M18 x 1.5 on pretty much any car
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

You can take the stock EGR pipe, cut it then crimp the end in a vise or with a hammer and screw it into your headers.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
slayer322

Post by slayer322 »

thanks for the help, i've found someone with an M22 bolt, which will apparently fit
1996 Mazda MX-3 GS - DD / Always a project Car
ZE + Pacesetters = <3

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”