KL cam in a K8

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
FastFlaMx3
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

KL cam in a K8

Post by FastFlaMx3 »

will my car run with a KLcam in my K8 it on the rear head closes to the middle of the engine will my car run with this cam in it i just noticed it the head shop replaced my old cam with a kl01 cam plz i really wanna get my car running again
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3882183" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Re: KL cam in a K8

Post by mikeinaus »

ugh do people even bother looking anymore...

post with exact same name and yes its on the first page of this forum... http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=75890

yes it should work. will they improve performance? thats something youll have to figure out on your own.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

FastFlaMx3 wrote:will my car run with a KLcam in my K8 it on the rear head closes to the middle of the engine will my car run with this cam in it i just noticed it the head shop replaced my old cam with a kl01 cam plz i really wanna get my car running again
Sorry to bang the questions out, but we'll need a bit more info to be much help to you.

Are you sure the engine didn't have KL01 cams to begin with?
If not, which cams were replaced?
Does the engine shop have a good reputation?

If they swapped out the cams and didn't run it by you, you should be able to get some kind of reparations. This will naturally require at least some form of evidence that they wronged you.

More info on your part lets us give more in return, so feel free to tell us anything and everything you can about the issue.

We'll help as best we can, but the Image feature will always be your friend, and with the right search settings, it will be your fastest method to finding a solution. Chances are, the question has been asked before, and the answer is a few short clicks away.

Good luck!
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Also, are you sure it didn't say K8-01? I did a double take when I first checked under my own Valve Covers, only to realize how obvious my mistake was.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
FastFlaMx3

Post by FastFlaMx3 »

no im pos the rest of the cams are K801 and 1 KL01 cam and this cam is on the letf head right side cam
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3882183" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Alright, well did you happen to notice if it was different from the other cams before you had the head work done? You would need to documented evidence if you wanted to take legal action against the machine shop.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
FastFlaMx3

Post by FastFlaMx3 »

question is will my car run the way it is now with this diff cam in it
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Yes. same basic cam. A little different lift/duration/timing, etc, so it will be a little wonky. You might not even notice though.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Ryan's right.

If you do notice a difference, please let us know :) May learn something from it!
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

MrMazda92 wrote:Ryan's right.

If you do notice a difference, please let us know :) May learn something from it!
He's only got 1 KL cam in, not even a proper matching set, you'll only learn how funky it'll run that way.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

It sounds weird to me no matter how you look at it, we have little info to work off of...
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

There was a douchebag on PT who put KL cams in one head and K8 cams in the other, and claimed it ran great, but he was a total moron. Worse than goosenberry, I'd say.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

If it were KL cams for intake and K8 for exhaust or something like that it might be ok but just one non matching cam sounds dumb.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

RX8SE3P wrote:If it were KL cams for intake and K8 for exhaust or something like that it might be ok but just one non matching cam sounds dumb.
Exactly, the results of that kind of swap/mod/mistake yield nothing more conclusive or useful than, well, I actually can't think of a good analogy to examplify that, but you get the idea, it won't, lol.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
FastFlaMx3

Post by FastFlaMx3 »

well it wasnt a mod or anything of the sort i just want to know if my car is going to run with this odd ball cam in i will do a KLZE swap next fall i just need my car to run till i get the KLZE built ....so my question still remains will my baby run with this cam in there ..YES OR NO

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”