KLZE PSI?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mazdaspeed23
antispam: No

KLZE PSI?

Post by mazdaspeed23 »

How much PSI can a KLZE handle before having to rebuild the engine?
Own
1994 MX-3 GS swapped ZE
1994 MX-3 GS Swapped ZE (Gone)
1996 Dodge Dakota Sport v8 Magnum
2007 Ford Fusion SE

WORK LOG: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=81232

My MX-3 is nothing without me, and i am nothing without my MX-3
solo_ryder

Re: KLZE PSI?

Post by solo_ryder »

Somewhere between lol and search.

But seriously, proly 10psi tuned max
mazdaspeed23

Post by mazdaspeed23 »

im putting a turbo on my car, but i dont wanna f--- it up, or have to rebuild lol
Own
1994 MX-3 GS swapped ZE
2007 Ford Fusion SE

solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Sounds like your ready bro, go for it.

On a more serious note, tuning is key. Dont cheap out or you will blow things up
mazdaspeed23

Post by mazdaspeed23 »

yeh as soon as its installed, its goin on a dyno an being tuned, tested etc.. its going to be a STS (squires turbo system). worth $2000-4000.. i did some re-search on them, an talked to ppl that have them, an they said their amazing, an give off alot of hp. so i might go with that
Own
1994 MX-3 GS swapped ZE
2007 Ford Fusion SE

hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

What? you are paying 2000 to 3000 for a turbo system? ... ouch..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
johnmx3ze

Post by johnmx3ze »

hgallegos915 wrote:What? you are paying 2000 to 3000 for a turbo system? ... ouch..
its gonna cost alot more then this if you dont get cheap ebay parts like you did hgallegos...?

what are you planning to use for tuning? and what kind of turbo?
mx-3, KL turbo (tooo much to list) yeah its boosted!
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

johnmx3ze wrote:
hgallegos915 wrote:What? you are paying 2000 to 3000 for a turbo system? ... ouch..
its gonna cost alot more then this if you dont get cheap ebay parts like you did hgallegos...?

Name brand is good, but putting 3000 dllrs to get similar if not the same bang.. ouch.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

If I were to go the turbo route, I'd be patient and would avoid spending over 1,500 unless that meant I didn't have to do a damn thing myself. Oddly enough, I wouldn't be doing it if it weren't my own labor.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

hgallegos915 wrote:
johnmx3ze wrote:

Name brand is good, but putting 3000 dllrs to get similar if not the same bang.. ouch.
Dumping 3k into a turbo kit for a mx3 is ouch. Just get ebay stuff and a good turbo and your good to go
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

mazdaspeed23 wrote:yeh as soon as its installed, its goin on a dyno an being tuned, tested etc.. its going to be a STS (squires turbo system). worth $2000-4000.. i did some re-search on them, an talked to ppl that have them, an they said their amazing, an give off alot of hp. so i might go with that
Squires doesn't make a turbo kit for the mx3. Are you getting this custom made? infact the universal kit that I see on their page looks identical to what you get on ebay for less money. Except they have their own Name brand turbo and Bov (aka chinese made knockoffs) so at 2k for the universal you're still missing parts like slim fans, hot pipes, intercooler....

If I might make a slight suggestion. Scrap the name brand kit that you'll have to spend more money to get it to work, and get the ebay kit and upgrade the major components. All the turbo K series engine guys do this. You're not gonna make any more power than them, your not gonna do something amazing that we haven't seen. What you will do is come ahead with the same amount of power that all the ebay turbo guys do, but you'll have just spent more money.

I know it seems shady to buy a turbo kit off ebay, but trust us, we know a little bit about what we're saying, because you're talking 2-4k where I've priced out the same setup (just now) with ALL parts to install + Megasquirt + Wiring harness + Upgraded to a Garrett T3/t4 turbo + Tial Wastegate + Tial BOV for $1900 thats shipped and installed (spsssssst thats also all new parts). Well actually if you were to sell the turbo, bov and wastegate that came with the ebay kit you'd actually only spend about 1750.

1750 (installed) vs 2-4k (kit missing parts)

You decide. its not rocket science
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
johnmx3ze

Post by johnmx3ze »

i bought the standard ebay kit...(cxracing) and trust after you buy everything you need... it will come up to more then 2K(if you want it realiable) but who doesn't want his car to be a reliable?

standard ebay kit 500$ - 800$

brand name turbo - 500$ - 1000$
brand name BOV 100$ - 200$
brand name W/G 100$ -00$
megasquirt 200$ -500$
injectors 100$ for milli S
walbro fuel pump 100$

1600$

that not talking about the mods youll have to do to fit the hot pipes, Xmember, tapped oil pan, custom intercooler piping + extra couplers and fittings, oil return line...

+ good clutch to hold the extra power 200 - 300$
+ atleast a 2.5" exhaust 100$ - 300$
+ motor mounts (AWR ftw) 100$ - 200$

40$

so taking all the cheapest from the prices it comes up to 2000$ NOT TUNED!

im pretty sure i forgot stuff but... ayways if id have to redo a turbo setup on my car i would only buy the ebay hot and cold pipes... after all thats the only parts that are good...
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
johnmx3ze

Post by johnmx3ze »

plus a wideband a/f ratio gauge sensor 150$

plus upgraded spark system... ?
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

Mnemonic wrote:
1750 (installed) vs 2-4k (kit missing parts)

You decide. its not rocket science

You were alright until that rocket science part.

My mommas neon....
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
mazdaspeed23

Post by mazdaspeed23 »

i was gonna go for the one's off ebay, but everyone kept telling me their no good. All they do is blow ppls engines up cause their made shitty or something.... But hey if its cheaper an they actually work, them ill go that route, Another question, i have Tokico HP "the blue series" shocks, but my rear one is leaking.. And now im trying to find adjustables for the mx3. anyone have any thoughts? tokico doesnt sell the adjustable Series for the mx3
Own
1994 MX-3 GS swapped ZE
2007 Ford Fusion SE

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”