Dragon1212 -94 MX-3 Precidia GS From the depth o abandonment

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Dragon1212
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Dragon1212 - 94 MX-3 Precidia GS NEW - Pictures

Post by Dragon1212 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
Dragon1212 wrote:Well The battery the guy had in it was so dead it wouldn't even power a light bulb for 30 seconds. well I found out my MX-3 saved the day buy Running without the battery, of course with all the extras off. (Radio, amp, neons) So we limped a neon and my MX-3 back home. I touch the brakes and all my gauges lose power for a split second. (MX-3) But we made it.
That shouldn't be. The alternator's job is to literally run the car and all it's accessories. The battery is ONLY there to do 2 specific jobs:
1) Start your car
2) Run your accessories while the engine isn't running.

There should be absolutely no problem running EVERYTHING in your car while the car has no battery. If there is, than there's a problem with yoru alternator. The battery is not suppose to suppliment powering anything in the system.
Its Probably dirty grounds the car is a 94 and it doesn't look like they have never been touched. If I clean them then it should be fine. But my gauges come back immediately after its just the split second that the brake lights come on then they come back.

EDIT: Reread the post, The stock alt wasn't meant to hold up a amp and stuff though, and my alt could be going bad, having a problem with distorted picture with some of my extras as well. See Line on Screen in the Electrical & Lighting sections.
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
First Car, And My baby... $550 To buy and repair from Write-off... The radio and amp that was in it was worth more than that!!!.
Hunting For a Supra MKIV, but I'll never get one. Still Hunting.
Dragon1212

Re: Dragon1212 -94 MX-3 Precidia GS NEW Worst attachment eve

Post by Dragon1212 »

Finally back in the garage!

ImageImage
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
First Car, And My baby... $550 To buy and repair from Write-off... The radio and amp that was in it was worth more than that!!!.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: Dragon1212 -94 MX-3 Precidia GS NEW-HEADLIGHT's! Oct,10,

Post by MrMazda92 »

Dragon1212 wrote:And I have one more bit of news... SCRATCHES :crying: I backed into the garage at a angle and because my garage is on welfare there is no lights and I Hit my dad's Challenger.. I'm throughly disappointed with myself For both cars sake.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
The fact that you were alive to post this says you've got a forgiving dad.

I'd bury somebody if they did that to my MX-3... Let alone a Challenger/Charger... I'd bury them... alive?
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Dragon1212

Re: Dragon1212 -94 MX-3 Precidia GS NEW-HEADLIGHT's! Oct,10,

Post by Dragon1212 »

MrMazda92 wrote:
Dragon1212 wrote:And I have one more bit of news... SCRATCHES :crying: I backed into the garage at a angle and because my garage is on welfare there is no lights and I Hit my dad's Challenger.. I'm throughly disappointed with myself For both cars sake.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
The fact that you were alive to post this says you've got a forgiving dad.

I'd bury somebody if they did that to my MX-3... Let alone a Challenger/Charger... I'd bury them... alive?
Yea...i wasn't impressed with myself.. But my family is in the auto repair buisness so its not horrble lol.. Cleaned some the rest of the oaint off the challenger that my car left behind a polished it the scratches have to be looked for very closely....
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
Dragon1212

Re: Dragon1212 -94 MX-3 Precidia GS NEW Worst attachment eve

Post by Dragon1212 »

Well an update of small proportions!

Blew my first tire today so i ended up changing the rear to back to my 15" five spokes and moving one of the 14's to the front as my drivers side front deflated on me just out of chestemere and I got to drive home on a donut! oh fun!

Anyway my bad tires horrible vibration got rid of my thumping issue on my front wheel any ideas why? were thinking that the grease in my cv joint was old and lumped up and the vibrations from those tires broke it apart.

Well those around calgary know its warm outside so the roads have cleared up. was out at one Screwing around while going home from the hospital (for my aunt not me im fine) i'm lucky that tire didn't blow on me there.... Thankful actually. Changing a Tire at 1:30 in the mornings got to suck.

Still addicted to my five fingers shoes. IF your willing to try them and read up on how to walk properly barefoot give em a try they are the best shoes ever!

Final bit I made my pc Run Macintosh OSX 10.6.3 (Snow Leopard) so thats working great...

Have a good one!
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
Sisko182

Re: Dragon1212 -94 MX-3 Precidia GS NEW Small stuff to updat

Post by Sisko182 »

I'm digging the DVD player visor. Maybe you mentioned it and I just missed it, but how much did you snag that for?
$i$Ko

Ride:
1992 Midnight Purple MX-3
Worklog:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75646

Feedback
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=76781
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

lol $225 Cdn for both. from i offer.ca i'll see if i can find the ad for you....

well once i remember my logon details i will send you to the post
http://www.ioffer.com/i/new-pair-sunvis ... b-76844521
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
Sisko182

Post by Sisko182 »

Dragon1212 wrote:lol $225 Cdn for both. from i offer.ca i'll see if i can find the ad for you....

well once i remember my logon details i will send you to the post
OK. Yeah I just spent half an hour to an hour looking through a ton on eBay. Damn you for making me about to spend a couple hundred bucks!
$i$Ko

Ride:
Worklog:

Feedback
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

Sun Visor Moniters
http://img863.imageshack.us/img863/2649/file14622e.mp4

They they are, sorry for the 15 min vid... funny on my comp its 18 min...
Useless comp its missing the reason why i bought them (not in plain sight when you look in the window,)

And the fact that The Usb mode is perfect,

don't know if it talked about skipping just a point on that being that it was mainly to do with my crappy flat spotted tire on my regular tires its fine.
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
Sisko182

Post by Sisko182 »

Awesome. Thanks for making that video. You pretty well explained everything I was wondering about. I'll probably pick some up after I buy some projector headlights first (since the OEM ones I have are essentially useless at night).

By the way, has anyone ever told you that you sound almost identical to Jay Baruchel? (She's Out of My League, Knocked Up, etc).
$i$Ko

Ride:
Worklog:

Feedback
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

Sisko182 wrote:Awesome. Thanks for making that video. You pretty well explained everything I was wondering about. I'll probably pick some up after I buy some projector headlights first (since the OEM ones I have are essentially useless at night).

By the way, has anyone ever told you that you sound almost identical to Jay Baruchel? (She's Out of My League, Knocked Up, etc).
Lol nope....
Hope your stocks are better than my old ones
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
Sisko182

Re: Dragon1212 -94 MX-3 Precidia GS NEW sun visor monitor vi

Post by Sisko182 »

They honestly barely do anything. I even turn my brights on and even then they aren't nearly as bright as they should be.
$i$Ko

Ride:
Worklog:

Feedback
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Dragon1212 wrote:Sun Visor Moniters

Useless comp its missing the reason why i bought them (not in plain sight when you look in the window,)

don't know if it talked about skipping just a point on that being that it was mainly to do with my crappy flat spotted tire on my regular tires its fine.
Easy fix. Make a spacer, get a longer screw/bolt at your local hardware store and it's done
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
Dragon1212 wrote:Sun Visor Moniters

Easy fix. Make a spacer, get a longer screw/bolt at your local hardware store and it's done
Was going to but firstly
-im lazy
- There was no room in the garage so it starting to rain hindered me.
- I'm Lazy
- Didn't want to spend the time to make a nice one that covers the edge of the headboard cloth without looking like its just a board.
- and did i mention i was Lazy?
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
Nd4SpdSe

Re: Dragon1212 -94 MX-3 Precidia GS NEW sun visor monitor vi

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Don't have to make it look like the headboard, make it look like the bracket that it clips onto

1) take the bracket, trace the base onto a piece of wood that's the thickness you need
2) cut it out
3) drill holes to allow the screws to pass through
4) wrap the ouside of the wood with electrical tape to hide the wood and since the bracket is black, it'll match
and done....

Too much white is that you're contrast is up too much. Turn down the contrast, turn up the brightness (or was it the other way around)

Most optical disk players need to be straight, but not level. So can be standing up, on it's side, but can't be angled. The only ones that are good any direction are laptop drives.
What could maybe help is instead of making a wood spacer, make spacers out of rubber, and put them on the other side too, and should help dampen vibrations that would cause skipping when the unit is angled.

The interference you see from using the Xbox/PS2 is actually caused by running them from the "unclean' power of using a simulated signwave inverter. Can't get rid of that unless you go with a DC-DC power supply or get a true signwave inverter. Part reason why the internal DVD doesn't display this.

I would HIGHLY recommen getting a new and a good battery. Should be able to get over an hour of playtime off battery alone. CarPC with the system and a 400w inverter got me 2 hours on a healthy battery.

I had one of those Canadian Tire inverters, was an 800w (ran the 15" LCD plus the PS2 and extra power just in case for extra work, like worklights and soldering irons) It was always a pain to go into the trunk to turn it on so I jumpered 2 wires to the conections of the switch inside the inverter and ran a momentary switch up front. Just had to remember how many seconds to hold it.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”