Status update - Where the hell I've been!

Off-Topic Discussions
onlytrueromeo

Status update - Where the hell I've been!

Post by onlytrueromeo »

See many new faces around here, and lack of some old ones. Haven't been around much at all, and I'm afraid my MX3 has not seen me either... :(

It was all for good reason though, as I will tell you. Firstly, I have been working crazy hours. I started working 4 days a week with 10-12hr days. Great, loved it, 3 day weekends! Then the out-of-town days started, and at first it was great as well - new food, little extra money, not bad. Well, now I am working 5 days a week, 10-12hr days in a hotel 5 days a week. Ouch. No love for the car, and very little time/energy to post in the forums unfortunately. This has all enabled me to save up some well earned money, however.

About a month ago, I took my girlfriend-no-more to a fancy restaurant, walk along a beach and read her a poem I wrote, so I could give her this shiny non-car-go-fast-part and asked her to marry me. Clearly because of my romantic ability and charming good looks she accepted on the spot. :mrgreen:

Now the rest of my time/energy/money has gone into the next step (well besides a wedding). We're looking for a house! Going to be VERY frugal for the next year so we can afford house/wedding and all that good stuff. I will let you all know where the knew home will be when the time comes!
solo_ryder

Re: Status update - Where the hell I've been!

Post by solo_ryder »

Wow congrats bro! That's awesome news, you must feel top of the world.

On another note.. A serious note... a solo_ryder note... I hope she has more then the 3 fingers the picture portrays :P

But seriously, congratulations! Princess cut eh, my bro is getting married next year it seems and we were looking at rings like that as well
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Well, you see there was this lumberjacking accident...

LOL no she has all her fingers. She took that with her cell phone right after she got it resized (since they gave me the wrong size than what I asked!) Surprisingly our better quality cameras couldn't take photos of it - they could not focus on the diamond at all.

Yes - very excited! Cost a bit since its platinum, but she's allergic to gold so it was needed. BTW - for anyone thinking of getting a ring for someone - check loose diamond prices on bluenile. Thats where I got mine from, and I got it cheap than at a store where my sisters boyfriend works. (Assistant manager). He literally couldn't believe the price I got on it.

For the wedding, we're renting out a 10000SF mansion with a heated pool, hot tub, sauna, tennis court, 46 person theater, 3 bars, 8 bathrooms, 7 bedrooms yada yada and throwing a 3 day long party. Should be pretty sweet!
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Wow sounds like a blast. I will pass that info on to my bro.

As for pics, use the macro setting (flower symbol usually) bro!
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Ya tried the macro, couldn't get the thing to focus it just got blurry because of the light reflecting in the diamond!

Oh, and last piece of advice - when you get a ring resized - you are entitled to ALL the platinum they take off, but you need to ask for it otherwise they keep it and sell it.
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

So...Apparently I'm also buying a house. We're officially under contract (when I posted this a few days ago we had been serious house hunting). Turns out the house I thought most likely to NOT make the cut turned out to be the nicest and the best deal. Top of our price range, but its a foreclosure and is hopefully worth quite a bit more than what we offered!

Well, it has to be worth more, otherwise our mortgage won't get approved! (FHA/Foreclosure requires this).

So here are some pictures! Had to sign a no work order and whatnot, so cannot paint before we move in. No biggie, since I don't have a lot of time anyway.

5 Bedroom Cape with Detached 2 car garage. (Attached through a breezeway!). Big fenced in backyard, brand new windows and doors and 2 fireplaces in a super dry basement. Sweet.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

I've always found houses without gable ends to be ugly, and the colours are hideous, and the carpets are ugly, and it looks overall beatup...

But holy crap does it have serious potential! With paint, new floors/carpet... that can really be a beautiful home. I have no doubt, that a man with enough initiative and good taste/thorough mentality to start the MX project that you have, this place will turn out to be very very nice.

Nice yard space too :)
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

That's outdoor carpet in the unheated breezeway. Concrete underneath. Will be ripping that carpet off, not sure what I want to do with that space yet. Thats the only carpet in the whole house except the stairs! Hardwoods EVERYWHERE.

Yup, most of the house needs painting. Means I get to pick the colors!

I'm most excited about the yard for my 2 Huskies, the garage with its original cedar walls + 15ft ceilings (smells awesome) and the basement which is nearly finishable. I plan a wetbar and wine cellar down there along with some serious man cave space. Will be pretty epic!

Not to mention, foreclosure means big savings. Buying it for 40k less than what it sold for 10 yrs ago BEFORE floors were refinished, fireplaces were fixed or any of the 3 yr old new natural gas stuff was added. House was foreclosed on for 60k more than I'm paying. Win for me if it all appraises well with todays market!
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

Sorry, I should have mentioned its only the kitchen floor I'm not a fan off, hardwood is always good :lol:

But, still, I'm excited for you. A house is still like 5 years in my future...
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Ugh, yeah. Kitchen plans to get gutted. I want to rip that that Halfwall / serving window, put an island in and have Italian Stone / Tile. Not cheap, and not priority at the moment :-P

Return to “Off-Topic”