car misses at low rpms under load?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: car misses at low rpms under load?

Post by Ryan »

450 was the highest I've had in a long while. 300 is common too.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I put amsoil in mine this spring and either my gas gauge is sticking or my mileage has increased by 25%. I just need to drive the car more to check the odometer.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

Ryan wrote:450 was the highest I've had in a long while. 300 is common too.
i honestly dont see how people are getting 400-500km a tank. i always fill up once my low fuel light comes on and 95% of the time never much past 300km. i do pretty much all city driving, and the most i have gotten is like 380km. i can shift at 2500-3000rpm for an entire tank, and shift at redline for the entire tank and still come up around the same milage.

im beyond broke right now, when i get some money ill get that cap replaced. and ill have a look at my plugs and see how they look. how long should plugs typically last? i bought mine a year and a half ago and have put maybe 15000-20000km at most on them.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

See, I do about 90% highway driving. Keeping it at 95 instead of 120 makes a big difference, too. Just pisses off the people behind me :lol:

Green GS - Sold.
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
Feedback
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

I was getting no less than 500km a tank with my K8. After I fix things with my ZE it should be around the same.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:I was getting no less than 500km a tank with my K8. After I fix things with my ZE it should be around the same.
i just dont get it. even when my cars running great ive never had good milage. breaks arnt rubbing, new wheel bearings in rear, alignment is good, plugs/wires have been replaced, new o2 sensors, fuelpump/filter have been replace, even 14" rims with smaller tires. unless my 2.25" high flow exhaust is too big or something i just dont see my car getting great milage. swapping my motor didnt even really improve my milage and that was coming from one running on 5 cylinders. the only thing that has seen an improvement was the plug wires. was getting 225km a tank before and made it to 300km after. ive just accepted my cars milage sucks and i dont think theres much i can do about it.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

remove the injectors in cyls 4, 3, and 1.

Heh.

Green GS - Sold.
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
Feedback
_-Night-Shade-_

mikeinaus wrote:
_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:I was getting no less than 500km a tank with my K8. After I fix things with my ZE it should be around the same.
i just dont get it. even when my cars running great ive never had good milage. breaks arnt rubbing, new wheel bearings in rear, alignment is good, plugs/wires have been replaced, new o2 sensors, fuelpump/filter have been replace, even 14" rims with smaller tires. unless my 2.25" high flow exhaust is too big or something i just dont see my car getting great milage. swapping my motor didnt even really improve my milage and that was coming from one running on 5 cylinders. the only thing that has seen an improvement was the plug wires. was getting 225km a tank before and made it to 300km after. ive just accepted my cars milage sucks and i dont think theres much i can do about it.
2.25" IS too big for the K8, that's what I'm running with my ZE right now. You're killing your bottom end. In fact that's even too big for your top end.
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

i know its too big but i do plan on eventually getting a de or a ze. i didnt really see a point in doing the exhaust twice so i just planned ahead. it is a k8 afterall, if i was that worried about performance i wouldnt be driving a k8 mx3 would i? performance aside i doubt the exhaust could lower fuel economy 150-200km a tank
_-Night-Shade-_

mikeinaus wrote:it is a k8 afterall, if i was that worried about performance i wouldnt be driving a k8 mx3 would i?
What's that supposed to mean...?
mikeinaus wrote:i know its too big but i do plan on eventually getting a de or a ze. i didnt really see a point in doing the exhaust twice so i just planned ahead.
That's why you drive to the exhaust shop after the swap, or suffer as you currently are.
mikeinaus wrote:performance aside i doubt the exhaust could lower fuel economy 150-200km a tank
Yes, actually it could. Read about exhaust scavenging.
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

my car has similar issues..ive swapped out the cap/rotor/plugs/wires but it still feels like it has a bit of a miss..i cant complain about my gas milieage as i can still get 400-450 km out of a tank no problem (more if its all highway driving)
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”