Has anybody ever seen this article?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
edger0587
antispam: No

Has anybody ever seen this article?

Post by edger0587 »

I got a good laugh out of it when I saw they speculated 300hp to be in the MX3 originally.

Elegant Beige 1992 Mazda MX-3 GS. CAI, Short throw shifter, 16" miata rims
1992 Mazda miata. Classic red, stock everything
RIP 1994 Mazda mx-3 RS

"Cats make terrible doctors"
Inodoro Pereyra

Re: Has anybody ever seen this article?

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

Wow... I'd love to know who wrote that it looks like the MX-6, so I can refer him to a good oculist... :lol: :lol:
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
edger0587

Post by edger0587 »

Inodoro Pereyra wrote:Wow... I'd love to know who wrote that it looks like the MX-6, so I can refer him to a good oculist... :lol: :lol:
If you half close your eyes and look at the tailights I see sort of a resemblance from the back...not much else though
RIP 1994 Mazda mx-3 RS

Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Very interesting Lucy.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Can you imagine a 20B-REW MX-3?

I just had a mini orgasm.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

wytbishop wrote:Can you imagine a 20B-REW MX-3?

If I had the money to dump, I'd be thinking Nitro-Meth Rotary...

Maybe someday I'll try a rotary in one, but that's dependent on whether or not I manage to get a career going. :(
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Inodoro Pereyra

I can actually imagine a 16X, 6 speed MX-3. That is, if Mazda ever finishes developing it... :roll:

Diogenes of Sinope.
edger0587

Post by edger0587 »

Inodoro Pereyra wrote:

I can actually imagine a 16X, 6 speed MX-3. That is, if Mazda ever finishes developing it... :roll:
I wish they would just go ahead and make another coupe hatchback and reuse the MX-3 name. Now all we're getting is 4 door mini mini vans :)
RIP 1994 Mazda mx-3 RS

Inodoro Pereyra

I couldn't agree more. I've been craving for years for a 16X, 6 speed, RWD, 2 seater Kabura... :love:

Diogenes of Sinope.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Inodoro Pereyra wrote:I couldn't agree more. I've been craving for years for a 16X, 6 speed, RWD, 2 seater Kabura... :love:
How do you crave for something that isn't out yet? Besides, the Kabura is a 2+2, not a 2-seater

If you want 6-speed, RWD, 2 seater: you got the Miata
If you want 6-speed, RWD, 2 seater + More Power: you got the MazdaSpeed Miata
If you want 5-speed, RWD, 2 seater: you got the Rx-7
If you want 5-speed, RWD, 2+2 Rotary: you got the Rx-7 from Japan
If you want 6-speed, RWD, 2 seater with power and reliable: you got the Rx-7 + LS1
If you want 6-speed, RWD, 2-seater Rotary: Swap a Renesis into a Miata (and supercharge it like Pettit Racing did)
If you want 6-speed, RWD, 2+2 Rotary: you got the Rx-8
If you want 6-speed, RWD, 2+2 Rotary + More Power: you got the Rx-8 + Turbo, Supercharger, 13B and 20B swap options

If Mazda ever came out with a new 2-seater or 2+2, 16x 6-speed rotary making 300hp, it would be more expensive than any of the above options. Mazda accounced recently there's no immediate plans for a 2-seater rx-7 (or the like) replacement despite that the desire stretches to the top of Mazda HQ, there's no demand for it and that the next 16x-based rotary car will be another 2+2.

Mazda would never make a rotary FWD car again, it's pointless to have perfect balance in a car that understeeers, and FWD cars are made as economy cars or afforable sportyish fun cars, there's nothing economical about a rotary engine.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
edger0587

Post by edger0587 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
Inodoro Pereyra wrote:I couldn't agree more. I've been craving for years for a 16X, 6 speed, RWD, 2 seater Kabura... :love:
How do you crave for something that isn't out yet? Besides, the Kabura is a 2+2, not a 2-seater

If you want 6-speed, RWD, 2 seater: you got the Miata
If you want 5-speed, RWD, 2 seater: you got the Rx-7
If you want 6-speed, RWD, 2 seater with power and reliable: you got the Rx-7 + LS1
If you want 6-speed, RWD, 2-seater Rotary: Swap a Renesis into a Miata (and supercharge it like Pettit Racing did)
If you want 6-speed, RWD, 2+2 Rotary: you got the Rx-8
If you want 6-speed, RWD, 2+2 Rotary + More Power: you got the Rx-8 + Turbo, Supercharger, 13B and 20B swap options

If Mazda ever came out with a new 2-seater or 2+2, 16x 6-speed rotary making 300hp, it would be more expensive than any of the above options. Mazda accounced recently there's no immediate plans for a 2-seater rx-7 (or the like) replacement despite that the desire stretches to the top of Mazda HQ, there's no demand for it and that the next 16x-based rotary car will be another 2+2.

Mazda would never make a rotary FWD car again, it's pointless to have perfect balance in a car that understeeers, and FWD cars are made as economy cars or afforable sportyish fun cars, there's nothing economical about a rotary engine.
All I want is a 2 door 2+2 that is FWD and high revving. anyther MX-3 essentially
RIP 1994 Mazda mx-3 RS

MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I'd take a modern MX-3, as long as it's got TTLs, 2 doors, and upgrade potential... I'd pick up a 2-15k mile one a year after it was made, and rock that until I die.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Inodoro Pereyra

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
I crave it because I like it, and SINCE it isn't out yet, I can't have it.
Isn't that what craving is? Desiring something you can't have?
Besides, maybe in YOUR world, the Kabura is a 2+2. In mine, in all the pictures I've seen, it's a 2+1. Then again, if you put, for a second, more effort on READING what's written, than on creating a confrontation, you MAY realize I've NEVER said the Kabura is a 2 seater. I clearly said I would LIKE it to be a 2 seater.
Nd4SpdSe wrote:If you want 6-speed, RWD, 2 seater: you got the Miata
Maybe you should read up a little on the differences between a roadster and a sports coupe. Believe me: if you pay close attention, they're pretty obvious.
Nd4SpdSe wrote:If you want 5-speed, RWD, 2 seater: you got the Rx-7
Hmmm... Looks like you are also having problems with numbers.
Let me explain: "5" is not the same as "6". It's actually "1" less. Go figure... :roll:
And then, for similar reasons (math is such a complicated science), it seems like "2+2" is not the same as "2". Puzzling, isn't it?

But then, being that you seem to be such an expert on Mazda models, maybe you could explain poor little ignorant me, in which year did the RX-7 come equipped with a 16X engine? Thanks in advance... :roll:
Nd4SpdSe wrote:If you want 6-speed, RWD, 2 seater with power and reliable: you got the Rx-7 + LS1
I would say, if I WANTED a 6 speed, RWD, 2 seater, with a heavy piece of crap over the front wheels, I could have a Corvette. No need to get a beautiful car and turn it into an abomination. Don't you think?
Nd4SpdSe wrote:If you want 6-speed, RWD, 2-seater Rotary: Swap a Renesis into a Miata (and supercharge it like Pettit Racing did)
Maybe I should repeat what I wrote above, but I don't feel like it.
Nd4SpdSe wrote:If you want 6-speed, RWD, 2+2 Rotary: you got the Rx-8
Amazingly enough, even when it's been a few minutes since I typed my little "numbers tutorial" for you above (you're welcome), 2+2 is still not 2. Incredible how consistent science is...isn't it?
Nd4SpdSe wrote:If Mazda ever came out with a new 2-seater or 2+2, 16x 6-speed rotary making 300hp, it would be more expensive than any of the above options. Mazda accounced recently there's no immediate plans for a 2-seater rx-7 (or the like) replacement despite that the desire stretches to the top of Mazda HQ, there's no demand for it and that the next 16x-based rotary car will be another 2+2.
Hmmm, maybe you could point me towards the part in which I said Mazda had announced they were gonna produce a 2 seater, 16X powered car, and, while you're at it, you could let me know where I said such car was gonna be cheap. I keep reading the whole thread up and down, and I can't find it. Must be my eyesight.
Nd4SpdSe wrote:Mazda would never make a rotary FWD car again, it's pointless to have perfect balance in a car that understeeers, and FWD cars are made as economy cars or afforable sportyish fun cars, there's nothing economical about a rotary engine.
Well, now that they know you don't approve, I'm sure they'll never make it. :roll:
But then again, I'm also having trouble finding the part where I said ANYTHING about a FWD rotary. I'm gonna have to get a new prescription...
Then again, it's true there's nothing economical about the rotary. After all, it's not like they have the RX-8...right?

Diogenes of Sinope.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I like reading your responses, they always make me laugh
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Inodoro Pereyra

Nd4SpdSe wrote:I like reading your responses, they always make me laugh
Well, I'm glad you're enjoying yourself.
Unfortunately, I can't say I like you polluting the forum with your idiocy, but that's just me. I just don't like trolls.

Diogenes of Sinope.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”