Reverse lights don't come on?

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
bbunkerc397
antispam: No

Reverse lights don't come on?

Post by bbunkerc397 »

Never really noticed but when I put my car in reverse the lights don't come on any suggestion?
1996 MX-3 KL-ZE with Eunos 800 IM, factory side skirts,. "Owner since 2001 my 14th year"
1992 929s 20B-REW Lowered, 17" chrome Millenia rims, custom black interior. "13th Owner 9th year"
2006 Chevy HHR LT "Bought Brand New - East Side Chevy" Sold to my Dad
_-Night-Shade-_

Re: Reverse lights don't come on?

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Reverse switch.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
bbunkerc397

Post by bbunkerc397 »

where is it located on the tranny?
1996 MX-3 KL-ZE with Eunos 800 IM, factory side skirts,. "Owner since 2001 my 14th year"
1992 929s 20B-REW Lowered, 17" chrome Millenia rims, custom black interior. "13th Owner 9th year"
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

if you look down under the air box (or where it used to be, if you have a CAI) it should be right around there on the underside of the tranny (closest to you).
if that made any sense...
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

It's a PITA with the engine/tranny in the car. I had to swap sensors over because I have PGT tranny and I didn't tighten it good enough at first so my reverse lights wouldn't come on. Man it was a b*tch tightening it a milimeter at a time. It needs to be in there TIGHT.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
bbunkerc397

Post by bbunkerc397 »

hmmm, I'm going to look at it tomorrow.
john1983
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by john1983 »

i have a problem kinda like this when i put my car in reverse only one light comes on and i know its not the bulb and for some reason only my led bulbs want to work but i dont think i can use them for they are red
92 MX-3 6cyl dohc 24 valve K8 cold air filter custom exhaust drift body kit carbon fiber hood 17" focal rims Kenwood KDC-MP635 headunit Pioneer 6.5" componet door speakers and 4" rear speakers 500 watt boss amp powering 12" sony explod
My Work Logviewtopic.php?f=46&t=76603
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:It's a PITA with the engine/tranny in the car. I had to swap sensors over because I have PGT tranny and I didn't tighten it good enough at first so my reverse lights wouldn't come on. Man it was a b*tch tightening it a milimeter at a time. It needs to be in there TIGHT.
I don't understand why this caused you so much difficulty. It's right in the front of the tranny case and in my experience has never been difficult to tighten down. I changed mine without even draining the tranny once.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”