General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
solo_ryder

Re: Recommend a clutch for KLZE

Post by solo_ryder »

You can also look at aasco and fidanza flywheels. K8 flywheel aint bad either
Lesley

Post by Lesley »

Yeah, my mechanic recommended Fidanza, but holy cow are they pricey!

LOL... I paid $900 for my MX3, I'll have more than that in new engine and clutch alone.

The car was a real bargain though, immaculate, no rust, new brakes all around, new struts, new exhaust, new clutch (lol), and only 120,000 km.
But it was painted with marine paint, and unless it's been waxed and buffed, it looks like hell.
92 Mx3 GS KLZE 5 speed
97 Dodge Dakota - Boyd rims, custom built 5.9 360, custom tranny with kevlar guts and shift kit. Too many upgrades to list.
92 Mazda 323 - winter beater

mx3 by Leadfoot Lesley, on Flickr
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I was like that, my car cost 1000 and I got a klze.. ebay clutches were ok for the first 6 monhts, after that.. crap...

ended up getting a spec clutch and it grips nice... 2 years and counting. klze turbo. stage 3.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Muzzled

Post by Muzzled »

i bought my clutch off of rafi :) Clutchmasters stage 2 r is what i got.

did you get that ecu yet?
92, Gs-Ze. KL31 motor/curve neck IM, Cai,Chipped ecu,awr mounts,clutchmasters stage 2 "R",
Se interior,Wrap around spoiler, oem full sides and MS front bumper :)
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Aasco flywheels is what Rafi sells. He used to offer the Fidanza, but had a few issues or something and made a switch. Aasco is what I run and like it fine. I do not remember which CM I used by name or number, I look at the torque rating... 255 ft/lbs iirc is what I use, and it is not multipuk (I hate those, too grippy, all or nothing clutches)
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Lesley

Post by Lesley »

Muzzled, are you Greg? If so, yes, thanks! The ECU was waiting for me when I got back from Ccoty. :mrgreen:

Bought a stage II Clutchmaster kit last night, thinking of a set of Interprep valve springs.
Rafi looks like he's got the best price for flywheels.
92 Mx3 GS KLZE 5 speed
97 Dodge Dakota - Boyd rims, custom built 5.9 360, custom tranny with kevlar guts and shift kit. Too many upgrades to list.
92 Mazda 323 - winter beater

mx3 by Leadfoot Lesley, on Flickr
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Lesley wrote:Yeah, my mechanic recommended Fidanza, but holy cow are they pricey!

LOL... I paid $900 for my MX3, I'll have more than that in new engine and clutch alone.
Indeed, but that's the way it works. Just cause the car is cheap doesn't mean that manufacturing new parts for it changes...Figured it would be easier to afford those upgrades cause you don't have a car payment, unlike those of us that paid significantly more for our Mx-3's
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”