In the Process of buying an MX-3

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
deepdarkspirit
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

In the Process of buying an MX-3

Post by deepdarkspirit »

Hi,
My Dad has an MX-3 K8-ZE well I think it's the K8-ZE, It's a Japanese import. It's burgundy the only burgundy one I have ever seen in the UK which I am in the process of buying, currently have the keys and access to the garage where it is stored.
it has what looks like a forced air intake, front anti roll bar, 19" alloys, low profile tires and a full Mazdaspeed Exhaust system. (all of which I don't think are stock, care to correct me?)
Also what AH battery does it take I'm not too sure as to what it'll be.
It's really lowered compared to other MX-3s I've seen. I have been checking it over today seems brakes are ceased and battery is dead from it being sat in the garage for just under 2 years, but other than that seems perfect!!
I'll post pictures possibly tomorrow and would love your input! :D
Mazda MX-3 1.8 K8-ZE, Smiths Alloys, Avon ZZ3's, MazdaSpeed Muffler, OEM Roll bar
ImageImageImageImage
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Re: In the Process of buying an MX-3

Post by mikeinaus »

it has what looks like a forced air intake, front anti roll bar, 19" alloys, low profile tires and a full Mazdaspeed Exhaust system. (all of which I don't think are stock, care to correct me?)
that car has the stock intake. rollbar, exhaust, and rims are all aftermarket. that muffler is very rare and alot of people are always looking for it. if the cars lowered thats even better (depending on your roads). looks like it could be a good buy depending on the price.

new brakes and battery should set you back $500-$700 if you do the work yourself (depending on the prices you can get). ebay is usually has good prices. if everything else on the car looks solid id say its a good buy.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

from seeing some of the other oe mazda strut bars.... it looks like it would be a mazda part. Mooneggs would be able to confirm or deny.
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:from seeing some of the other oe mazda strut bars.... it looks like it would be a mazda part. Mooneggs would be able to confirm or deny.
+1 looks like an oem bar to me, also take a look behind the wheels, any chance it has the stainless MS brake lines? If so ild bet it has MS shocks as well
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
mxmikey

Post by mxmikey »

I'm in love with that steering wheel. :)
93 GS/SE
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

mxmikey wrote:I'm in love with that steering wheel. :)
x2, almost had a hernia when I zoomed in.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Surgefilter

Post by Surgefilter »

Nice car! Needs a front lip though. :P Your intake pipe seems to be cracked though as it's all been taped up.

Join us at http://uk-mx3.com/forum/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :)
Let water find it's own level
deepdarkspirit

Post by deepdarkspirit »

Thanks for all your comments Guys helped me alot!
Wanna hear my story of putting a new battery on and got outwitted by the car? I'm gonna tell you anyways
Well I put a new battery on and the central locking goes on, which was fine because I had all the keys on me so it went on.
So I unlocked the doors, then put the keys in the ignition and turned it to accessories which NORMALLY stops the central locking.
I put all the keys in the car the house keys, garage keys and of course the car keys are in the ignition and guess what it decides to do? Yes the central locking locks all the doors and puts the alarm on!
I was stuck in the garage for four and a half hours waiting on my dad coming back with the house keys to get the spare car keys from the house.
My Dad comes back gets the keys out, so I decided to unhook the battery to stop it from dying until I had more money to get some bits and pieces, the alarm goes off six times!
I wasn't a happy bunny!
Funny story eh guys.
Mazda MX-3 1.8 K8-ZE, Smiths Alloys, Avon ZZ3's, MazdaSpeed Muffler, OEM Roll bar
ImageImageImageImage
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

lol, that's some crappy luck.
ethand

Post by ethand »

hey, i have the exact same type - mines also a japanese import with the v6 badge, etc., and the only burgundy one in my state of Australia (to my knowlege), and doesnt have the lips and skirts that the ones sold here did...
Is there something special about the steering wheel?? Mines also the same... I thought it was normal???
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Its just the JDM version, and rare, and I want one...
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
ethand

Post by ethand »

ahh right... Looks like I didnt do my research hahaha... they're a good design, actually... very practical ;)
(sorry to rub it in :D)
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

19" rims might make your ride a little stiff to say the least but other than that nice ride. Good luck and welcome to this site. :D
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
ethand

Post by ethand »

true that... mine's pretty stiff on 17s... The previous owner woulda had to change the speedo to do that, no?? I'd have though that 19" is about how tall the 15s with rubber woulda been!!!
deepdarkspirit

Post by deepdarkspirit »

Yours is a year younger than mine, Mine is a 91" Registered in UK as a 93"
It sticks to the road like s**t
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”