A Place to Order Tow Hitches and stuff for MX-3

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Daninski
Supporting Member

A Place to Order Tow Hitches and stuff for MX-3

Post by Daninski »

I know this has come up a few times, people looking for tow hitches for our cars. I found this and figured I post it. http://www.autopartsworld.com/results/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
It's only $166 bucks
PN=5920&N=0&VN=4294967234+4294966839+4294965591+4294966917+4294965588&Nr=AND%28universal:0%29
Flywheel. Good price http://www.autopartsworld.com/results/? ... ersal:0%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Daninski on September 28th, 2010, 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
hgallegos915

Re: A Place to Order Tow Hitches and stuff for MX-3

Post by hgallegos915 »

Theres a seller on ebay with hundreds of mx3 hitches in stock for around 200 dllrs.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Dan, is that flywheel an exact OE replacement? Can it be machined down a bit to drop some weight? If so, that seems like a good deal to me.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I'm thinking it's not exactly the same as ours. I'd need to go look at the spare one I have as I can't remember. Best thing is to contact the company and ask them but yes the price is very fair.

As you can read they do say quote, SACHS OE REPLACEMENT FLYWHEEL -- A high quality, direct fit OE replacement flywheel; With 1-year Sach limited warranty. unquote
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I bet you cannot machine a stock flywheel any cheaper than buying a lightweight one... Once you pay for the machine time and then the balance time you are getting into some good money.

Just a note too- they sell trailers that are more or less a little shelf off of the hitch to carry 4 race tires if you track your car (no wheels, it just hangs off the back of your car a bit), or you can buy a 4x6 trailer from Harbor Freight and actually tow some tools and tires. This is alot less expensive and alot easier if you track or autox. Load the trailer once and leave it for every time you track.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

PATDIESEL wrote:I bet you cannot machine a stock flywheel any cheaper than buying a lightweight one... Once you pay for the machine time and then the balance time you are getting into some good money.

Just a note too- they sell trailers that are more or less a little shelf off of the hitch to carry 4 race tires if you track your car (no wheels, it just hangs off the back of your car a bit), or you can buy a 4x6 trailer from Harbor Freight and actually tow some tools and tires. This is alot less expensive and alot easier if you track or autox. Load the trailer once and leave it for every time you track.
Indeed, most horror stories were of them actually breaking apart because they were lightened too much

Indeed, I saw a Miata at a local autocross with exactly of those those tire carriers, but couldn't for the life of me find them for purchase anywhere! What I wanted to do was have a custom hitch made and have the receiver hide behind the rear plate when not in use cause 1) wouldn't affect the rear look of the car 2) the hitch wouldn't scrape on anything 3) the carrier would hide the rear plate so it would need to be remounted to the back of the carrier anyway (Like the Miata guy did) otherwise the police wouldn't like you (or you get some free 407 use, lol)
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”